Tweaking and Finalizing

The Pyra needs racing stripes. :p

@directive0 I meant they could paint the clear case if they don't like it. I do like that ED wants to do a dark grey as the basic case, and now that I have considered what I could do with a clear case I may have a difficult time deciding if the choices are clear and dark grey.

Gpd used the anthracite from my sig for the q9 gaming handheld, maybe they have some pellets left...

Sounds like a great man passed away. Condolences to friends and family and thanks for the role he played in the Pandora project.

As for the case colours, I can't say that I am a fan of any of them.

They all look really cheap. Not something you would expect for an expensive product like the Pyra.

all the best for your verry friendly gc-contact and his family. big thanks to him for caring
so much about the pandora rebirth! a real unsung hero is gone, rip.

on the brighter side, i really like the grey color best. it reminds me of the c64 breadbin, nice!
black or darkgrey would be ok for me too, but this actual grey, maybe a slight tad lighter, is my fav.
the violet has some nice sgi genes, imho.
the red one looks good too, also i'm not really into red cases. with a gold decor, it would shine.

all the best!

The 3D Driver

Thanks to a community developer effort in IRC, we also have a first working 3D driver!
Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

It still needs improvements (i.e. it only uses one core right now) and packaged up for Debian, but they're working on that.
But still, it does run and runs glxgears and other 3D programs already, so it's a very good start!
Hopefully at GamesCom, we can show some nice 3D games running!

glxgears means OpenGL, not OpenGL ES, right? Is this done through glshim, or is it actually part of the driver? If so, what's the output of glxinfo, for those that don't have a devboard?

Sad news about the guy, seems like he gave his life for the Pandora... like some kind of community godfather :(

Loving all the updates, although I have one question: will there be a soft-touch/matte black version available, at some later date if not from the beginning? I only ask because I struggle to fully enjoy a black product if it doesn't have that nice matte soft touch feeling to it.

You know, it really does take all sorts, doesn't it? We have a truly cosmopolitan community here and it's really nice to see it. I once knew a girl who couldn't.... you know... get off unless she had the feel of rubber against her skin and being able to accommodate people with a soft-touch rubberised version would be really inclusive.

I was quite surprised by Faeminx desiring barbie parts too, with him having always been such a red-blooded chap. And (keyboard threads notwithstanding) we all get along so well too.

So yes, let's have more inclusive Pyra cases! I'd back that, it's a noble cause.

So sorry to hear of this loss. He sounded like a first class human being!

Thank you for the update. The excitement builds!

I wantto buy a couple clear cases to design and put my pyramid in it if ED will let me buy a couple

That pink/violet/(lavender?) actually looks REALLY nice in these pictures. Makes me want to choose that as an option, but I'd still like red. If you could make that red up there even darker, it'd be really nice :D
Also, Clear for those who want it :D
I kinda like the blue, too, but not as much as the red and pink. And yeah, Black is always an option.

Rest in Peace to your contact and best wishes to his family.

Last edited:
This plane of reality is full of misunderstandings. (Deliberate miscomprehension)

Now if I defend myself saying I have no desire for Barbie's parts... people will assume that means I like playing with Ken's little plastic bits... Which would be completely untrue!

Honestly.
But people will assume whatever they can manage to fit/force into their own twisted view of reality... and there's really not much I can do about that.

Except accept their delusions and tolerate their insistence on including me in them.

It is annoying being completely invisible even when I'm right up in your face. Oh well.

There are two types of people in the world:

Stupid people.
and
People not of this world.

When I react and get involved (try to communicate) I fall into the former.

What a shame that I only have form and substance when I am making a fool of myself.

When I am wise, I am silent. And nobody else is the wiser.

So out of consideration for all of you... I play the fool.

It's a good thing I could care less about my reputation because it seems that making an example of myself is a lost effort on the vast majority of you.

Honestly. Stop assuming I am competitive. Stop assuming I am trying to win. That is part of human conditioning and will make you miss what I am really trying to convey here.

You will only really begin to comprehend when you can step outside of the system.

Good luck with that though. The system has you hook line and sinker.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

Oh shi-- Yeah, sorry. :(

You're doing GBs? The exact reason I wanted to do this is because I read there was a company which pimped older consoles and sold them as limited 1 of a kind.. and it closed but it was (controversially) liked. I know of no other that exists, and I'm no electronics whiz, but at least I can do case art (if I ever get a proper stencil maker. I tried modifying a printer with a thin blade so it cuts whatever you put as solid black instead of printing it. Ended up with a confetti machine)

:)

https://brother.com.au/products/scanncut this might do what you need? my missus does craft and this is supposed to cut cloth as well . can cut just under 12" x 12"

People not of this world? If they're not of this world then they cannot, by definition, be people. I would wish to meet one one day, but alas they don't exist.

And apologies for the Barbie parts - I perhaps incorrectly inferred that you enjoyed playing with them as my son does. So you're a real beer + football/rugby kind of bloke then, which is reassuring to know! Thanks for that :)

Back