Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

Line O said:
I've emailed the ethereal Jacquelyn back, in the positive.

HA, I knew you would!
Anyway, just got my response from Jacquelyn, got an order number and paid via bank tranfer.
Looks like I'm in, hurray!
EDIT: Hmm she sent me a Google Checkout mail, although I said I wanted to pay via IBAN (Bank Transfer), and she confirmed it was possible (with details). I hope this is not an issue..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
even my laptop doesn't have a battery that big!
Mine lasts about an hour in power saver mode... Lol.

Fortunately I seem to have avoided this rush. I ordered mine just one or two days before the newsletter!

Got an email back with my order number and a bill from google checkout! Plan on paying right away when I get home. I was billed in pounds, though. I assume this is normal and google checkout will convert it to usd upon cheking out. Still can't believe I got in! Wooooo!

Gecko.jsc said:
Dead1nside said:

Fortunately I seem to have avoided this rush. I ordered mine just one or two days before the newsletter!

Same here mine was a week before the newsletter and took less than 1 day to get my google invoice! i was rather happy..

How long have people been waiting since the news letter??

centrik said:
Got an email back with my order number and a bill from google checkout! Plan on paying right away when I get home. I was billed in pounds, though. I assume this is normal and google checkout will convert it to usd upon cheking out. Still can't believe I got in! Wooooo!

My bill was in Pounds also Google will convert it to the currency of your home bank when they run the transaction I paid yeterday. I also got an email this morning After I paid in full from one of the other email addresses that they still have availability to preorder.

mvickers03 said:
Gecko.jsc said:
Dead1nside said:

Same here mine was a week before the newsletter and took less than 1 day to get my google invoice! i was rather happy..

How long have people been waiting since the news letter??

I placed my order after the Engadget posting when I saw the Dreamcast running, I had been debating for a year but that pushed me over the edge. I emailed them on 10/5 and got my bill from Debs at openpandoraorders@gmail.com on 10/7 and paid with in the hour.

Just paid for my Pandora via google checkout and got my order number, WOOHOO!!!!!

I pre-ordered last October but cancelled it early this year as was tired of the cancellations and thought it would never get made, so glad to be proved wrong AND lucky enough to get in a 2nd pre-order.

When the first batch of people get their systems and start posting vids on youtube its going to be sooo exciting!!

Finally, the perfect handheld gaming device for retro heads!!!!

I just placed my order about 30 minutes ago and I'm really excited. This little handheld has everything I'm looking for and with it being an open platform has me really looking forward to the future. I only recently heard about Pandora after looking at getting an eWiz. Once I found out about the Pandora (and saw the videos), I was hooked.

I also have to really hand it to the Dev Team and OpenPandora for bringing a custom handheld device to market. I have some experience in this area and for a large company to bring a product from concept to shelf is a serious endeavour. For it to be done by a small independent firm, on the other hand, is nothing short of being a miraculous feat. Congratulations on what you've accomplished so far, you're almost there!

I also just grabbed one of the last few myself.

I haven't been active here since GP2X was the latest and greatest a few years ago, so it's good to be back and see some familiar faces are still around.

Yay, just paid for mine! I am officially part of the first batch! :D

It is indeed fun to come back and see all the familiar faces, I kinda left when Chad78 did, I had a pretty similar line of thinking, just not as extreme. Anybody else remember him? :p

palmertech said:
I kinda left when Chad78 did, I had a pretty similar line of thinking, just not as extreme. Anybody else remember him? :p
Are you kidding? :D Poor Chad, I think he was going through some crappy life stuff and did a lot of venting on the boards. I must admit, some of it was entertaining.

Anyway, 'grats to the happy folk who are making it in at the eleventh hour. And welcome to the newbies!

I sent the email for a first order unit asking if I could pay by cheque and got the details on the reply the other day, however I was about to pay but I decided to pay by google checkout using credit card like others have done, so i sent an email that night if I could pay that way instead and asked for details. I'm still waiting anxiously and hope I haven't lost my place in the queue

@ adolobe
[/quote]

I placed my order after the Engadget posting when I saw the Dreamcast running, I had been debating for a year but that pushed me over the edge. I emailed them on 10/5 and got my bill from Debs at openpandoraorders@gmail.com on 10/7 and paid with in the hour.
[/quote]

Yeah, see i dont think thats too unreasonable they probably check the mail and deal with them in one go once a day

Gruso said:
The Aussie dollar is buying 90c US this afternoon. There has never been a better time for an Aussie to buy a Pandora!

Heck, 88yen will buy 1 dollar right now... It's REALLY a great time to buy a Pandy in Japan :) (but oh so painful to pay for tuition in dollars ><)

gavie said:
Do we get any kind of confirmation when the payment is received?

I did not, but then I sent an email for confirmation and they replied back when they could.

I sent an email on the 2nd, got a reply asking for my details on the 6th, and replied to that one on the 7th. I still haven't received my Google Checkout invoice yet.

Is anyone else still waiting? I hope I haven't missed out...

musicalwoods said:
gavie said:
Do we get any kind of confirmation when the payment is received?

I did not, but then I sent an email for confirmation and they replied back when they could.

I got a confirmation from Debs that payment was received and a receipt from google.

Back