Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

gavie said:
Do we get any kind of confirmation when the payment is received?

Immediately after I paid I emailed them back letting them know that payment was sent. Three days later I got a confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to order by Google Checkout and got my order number from Openpandora followed by the invoice from google checkout. when I tried to pay by clicking on the link in the invoice email I get an error. what is wrong and how can I pay?

Hirolaser said:
I want to order by Google Checkout and got my order number from Openpandora followed by the invoice from google checkout. when I tried to pay by clicking on the link in the invoice email I get an error. what is wrong and how can I pay?

It is probably a browser security setting mate, it uses a secure page. try it from another pc or reset your browser security settings ;)

LittleTodds said:
I sent an email on the 2nd, got a reply asking for my details on the 6th, and replied to that one on the 7th. I still haven't received my Google Checkout invoice yet.

Is anyone else still waiting? I hope I haven't missed out...
I sent the email saying I wanted one, got a reply with the prices and stuff, and sent the email back with what I wanted. I didn't get the Google Checkout invoice for 3 months so just be patient. :)

Hirolaser said:

It's a bug that no-one in the world seems to know how to fix, except for me...

You have an expired card in your Google account, you need to log in to your Google account some other way, not through this checkout, remove the expired/old/broken card and then try again, it should then "just work".

Woo ordered roughly 2 days ago, got a google checkout link and I have paid. Can't wait to get it whenever that may be :D
Figured I'd get it because I'm just about to finish University for good so it's my gift to myself :)

So there are obviously still units left but who knows how many.

This is probably a silly question but....When it's said that the second batch will be in Spring 2010, does it mean that they'll be ready to buy then, or will they start being made?

craigix said:
It looks like the lead times on batch two are 28 weeks - and we don't even have an order placed yet :(
At least you'll be able to give a slightly more definitive answer to the question "when will they be ready?"
6 months + shipping + assembly + reshipping, more or less?

craigix said:
It looks like the lead times on batch two are 28 weeks - and we don't even have an order placed yet :(
Lead time for what? CPUs? LCDs?

I guess you can start taking preorders as soon as the first batch is sold out, and then order the parts with long lead times.

The lead time is on various chips for the board. They might arrive sooner, I have a meeting with EBV in a few days to talk about the situation, it's industry wide right now, unless you are someone like Sony.

Usually parts arrive before the quoted lead time, but not always, we could end up in the frustrating situation of having all parts but one.

You can't catch a break, can you Craigix?

This makes me very happy I am in the first batch queue.

Micromen had a great scene involving lead times. If I could put it in this thread I would. Maybe a gif anim would work.

You keep talking about Micromen...Ugh, I'll relent and finally dl it. I was going to do it eventually, anyway...

Back