Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

palmertech

I was originally not planning on pre-ordering the Pandora, mainly due to the lack of completion it showed last October. Things have changed, though, and I am looking to pre-order one.

For those of you who still want a Pandora from the first batch there is a small number (about 100) still available to
preorder, on a first come first served basis, at $330 each, if you want one email: openpandorasales@gmail.com.
These are limited to one per customer.

I emailed that email address within hours of getting the newsletter, no reply. Waited more than a full day, sent a second email, and still no reply.

Maybe I am being impatient, but I would love to know if the extra 100 units are taken, or not. And if they are not taken, when would I expect an email back, if ever?

I hope I get a response, last year I wasn't able to reorder due to financial issues.
In fact I don't remember ever getting a reorder link/email. *sigh Hopefully this time,
everything will go smoothly.

I sent them an email starting the pre order process about 2 days before the newsletter. They responded with 12 hours. I responded with my exact order in another 12 hours, then I didn't hear from them for 2 days, but today they sent the final order email with link to google checkout, where I will pay soon.

what gruso said. i imagine they're quite busy right now. if i remember correctly, there are only a few people answering emails, like three, but don't quote me on that, i just made it up.

There has been a run on the 100, we are dealing with it in order of emails.

If orders are not paid quickly then we will move on to the next in line, we can't wait around at this late stage.

The reason those 100 are available is because they were orders which were never paid, thus we canceled them and they are up for grabs at the last minute.

[edit] Craig got in before me. (WHY DOES EVERYONE GET IN BEFORE ME?) I was going to say, looks like there's a bit of pushing and shoving to get into the last 100. I've seen people on NeoGAF and SomethingAwful say that they're ordering after seeing the newsletter.

[edit2] I have to say to Craig and team, after all this time and uncertainty, congratulations on filling out the first batch again. :) Once word spreads, batch two Pandoras are going to be a hot item.

To reserve my spot, is there any way I could pay more? I'm willing to pay up to 20 dollars more so I can get a first batcher. I was infuriated last year when I couldn't afford the reorder. I only registered in March of last year, but I've been wandering the forums since 04 deciding whether or not to get a gamepark. This is the first handheld I've wanted to purchase. If I get into the hundred, hurray, If I don't, batch dos. I really don't feel like fishing for a cheap sony ux either.

Gruso said:
[edit] Craig got in before me. (WHY DOES EVERYONE GET IN BEFORE ME?) I was going to say, looks like there's a bit of pushing and shoving to get into the last 100. I've seen people on NeoGAF and SomethingAwful say that they're ordering after seeing the newsletter.
I figured that would happen, especially after the engadget article

Gruso said:
[edit2] I have to say to Craig and team, after all this time and uncertainty, congratulations on filling out the first batch again. :) Once word spreads, batch two Pandoras are going to be a hot item.
+1 =] I'm extra glad to be in batch one after all the recent happenings tho

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:

If orders are not paid quickly then we will move on to the next in line, we can't wait around at this late stage.

The reason those 100 are available is because they were orders which were never paid, thus we canceled them and they are up for grabs at the last minute.

Could you keep us informed where we are with the 100 and the no.of units left as the orders are being taken. I sent mine only this morning and like others am waiting for a reply. Are we safe to assume that we will be amongst the 100 if we preorder within a a few days?

craigix said:

What if money is already in transit? I sent an international money order a while ago, but there is still another week or two of shipping time before you guys should receive it. I mean, when you guys give me an order number and tell me international money orders are perfectly fine, it would really piss me off if you decide to cancel it.

Hirolaser said:
craigix said:

Could you keep us informed where we are with the 100 and the no.of units left as the orders are being taken. I sent mine only this morning and like others am waiting for a reply. Are we safe to assume that we will be amongst the 100 if we preorder within a a few days?

nobody can really answer that but i wouldn't like to find out the hard way.. i defiantly wouldn't risk missing the first batch.. it would be to painful lol

whoah, looks like I lucked out in starting the order process a day or two before the newsletter...

Back