Did You Get This Newsletter?!

Thanks to MWeston about the correction on the factory doing the board assembly.
My questions are:

Is this factory doing the entire final Pandora assembly work?
If so, is there a time frame on getting all the parts other than the boards, keymats, and cases delivered to this factory?
You know, nubs, LCD's, Flex Cables, Hinge Components, Speakers, Batteries, Chargers, miscellaneous screws and hardware?
I would think this could be a big roadblock item if it hasn't been planned for.
I'm hoping that it has.
A simple "Yes" would be nice.
Thanks,
J.

craigix said:
you will get answers soon, there are a lot of emails to work through.

Unfortunately I never got a email response. Craig, this is going to be a problem if people who turn others onto Pandora and the response is 1 week later. How can I get others excited if they can't preorder it? Something to think about not complaining. Just a honest critique

Last edited by a moderator:
thelollypopguild said:
Unfortunately I never got a email response. Craig, this is going to be a problem if people who turn others onto Pandora and the response is 1 week later. How can I get others excited if they can't preorder it? Something to think about not complaining. Just a honest critique
The problem is the solution: if they're so swamped under a sudden influx of orders that it takes them a week to respond, you don't need to get others excited; they're doing quite well on their own.

WizardStan said:
thelollypopguild said:
The problem is the solution: if they're so swamped under a sudden influx of orders that it takes them a week to respond, you don't need to get others excited; they're doing quite well on their own.

Fair enough, but everyone needs support eventually and if you can't even get a response back to order, you can see how that might be a problem down the line. Now I can tell you with my business I could do this for a day or two but the future prospective customers would walk away in droves. Everyone is the golden boy for a moment but eventually we hit gravity. That's what I think is important to realize. FYI: I don't think it would take that long to respond to a email where to send the payment. Just my opinion but I now realize the frustration of others.

thelollypopguild said:
Fair enough, but everyone needs support eventually and if you can't even get a response back to order, you can see how that might be a problem down the line. Now I can tell you with my business I could do this for a day or two but the future prospective customers would walk away in droves. Everyone is the golden boy for a moment but eventually we hit gravity. That's what I think is important to realize. FYI: I don't think it would take that long to respond to a email where to send the payment. Just my opinion but I now realize the frustration of others.
But it wasn't a problem before, and I doubt it will be a problem in the future. It's just a problem now because they probably got a larger than expected response to the engadget post.

I got my order in. Did the google check out & got my confirmation. Now... patience. I am looking forward to the Pandora eventually showing up :-D

WizardStan said:
thelollypopguild said:
But it wasn't a problem before, and I doubt it will be a problem in the future. It's just a problem now because they probably got a larger than expected response to the engadget post.

I think it's in their best interest to be fast and professional in their response. After all the delay the project has been though you need to reassure consumer about Openpandora.

marshal said:
WizardStan said:
thelollypopguild said:

I think it's in their best interest to be fast and professional in their response. After all the delay the project has been though you need to reassure consumer about Openpandora.

Generally, Craig would rather be abusive than professional. After all - he's got our money, and since the latest artifical fire-starting exercise people are apparently lining up to give him more. Why would he need to be polite NOW?

I think it was said that only a couple of people(2, 3?) were answering emails for orders, and it's probably in their spare time. Hopefully soon the OP sales force will grow a bit, or they will get more time, to speed things up a bit.

Tensuke said:
I think it was said that only a couple of people(2, 3?) were answering emails for orders, and it's probably in their spare time. Hopefully soon the OP sales force will grow a bit, or they will get more time, to speed things up a bit.

I guess what im asking is, I understand the reasoning behind not responding back in a timely fashion. But on the Pandora blog, there could be explanation for those who feel strongly that their emails are ignored. Not whining or bitching, it's just curious this could be remedied partly for those that check regularly the pandorapress blog. I am on the beginning of the second week without a response. I think it's a valid point, why not an announcement on the front page of the blog or the pandora site itself.

Whoa, on the second week. that sucks man but think about this (Correct me if I'm wrong):

*there is only two people (Debs and Jackie) that go through the orders (that I know of)
*I'm pretty sure it within gbax contact hours M-F.
* Receiving allot of duplicate emails.
*Being that it's Gmail (Google Mail everywhere else) there are still issues the email itself (some messages can get sent to the spam folder, etc)
and as it's first come first serve that is an easy way to get bumped from of the line.

I would go ahead and wait a few more days within business hours of Craig's store, then I would send just one more email. But like I said don't spam them.

Plus Craigix recently said that they received many more requests than they had Pandoras left, so they obviously have a loooot to sift through.
Hold tight, I'm sure you'll get a reply soon. :)

Tensuke said:
Plus Craigix recently said that they received many more requests than they had Pandoras left, so they obviously have a loooot to sift through.
Hold tight, I'm sure you'll get a reply soon. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49933-how-much-longer-before-they-run-out-of-pandoras-to-sell/

Game_over said:
Whoa, on the second week. that sucks man but think about this (Correct me if I'm wrong):

*there is only two people (Debs and Jackie) that go through the orders (that I know of)
*I'm pretty sure it within gbax contact hours M-F.
* Receiving allot of duplicate emails.
*Being that it's Gmail (Google Mail everywhere else) there are still issues the email itself (some messages can get sent to the spam folder, etc)
and as it's first come first serve that is an easy way to get bumped from of the line.

I would go ahead and wait a few more days within business hours of Craig's store, then I would send just one more email. But like I said don't spam them.

See there is the predicament, I dont want to repeat email them crossing into the spam thing. I did as suggested. I sent two emails. I sent one from GMail another one from Yahoo. If I lose out, I lose out. I will try your suggestion at the given time. And of course there is the old saying, you snooze you lose. Which is what I sort of did. :)

arrrgh said:
Huh... I just got a second copy of the newsletter.

Guess you took mine :p

anyway ... sorry if I have missed something, but I still haven´t got the email... was it supposed to go out to every preorderer?

if so I hope I´m still in the system somewhere cuse it´s a little bit worrying not to resive what I guess I´m supposed to have.
:unsure:

Endurion said:
arrrgh said:

anyway ... sorry if I have missed something, but I still haven´t got the email... was it supposed to go out to every preorderer?

if so I hope I´m still in the system somewhere cuse it´s a little bit worrying not to resive what I guess I´m supposed to have.

No it doesn't go out to every preorderer. You have to sign up for the newsletter on the main site, just enter your email address and you'll get whatever newsletters come next ;)

MDave said:
Endurion said:
arrrgh said:

No it doesn't go out to every preorderer. You have to sign up for the newsletter on the main site, just enter your email address and you'll get whatever newsletters come next ;)

Ok... I thought I was already on that list... but I guess not then.
Guess the emails I´v got before was just becuse I bought a gp32 from them a long time ago then...

Thanx for giving a good reply thou. :)

Major Kudos to Pandora. This blog entry was just put up I see. http://pandorapress.net/2009/10/12/preorders-and-refreshments. I am glad we have a company that takes a direct initiative to our important concerns. This is the kind of companY I will wait in line for. :) Thanks for listening. :)

thelollypopguild said:
Major Kudos to Pandora. This blog entry was just put up I see. http://pandorapress.net/2009/10/12/preorders-and-refreshments. I am glad we have a company that takes a direct initiative to our important concerns. This is the kind of companY I will wait in line for. :) Thanks for listening. :)

LOL - you actually have Gruso (and IIRC atomicthumbs) to thank for theat - the Community Blog isn't official (or run by OpenPandora) in any way, just good at catering to our needs.

Thanks Gruso!

:)

I've been a little concerned about this misconception. thelollypopguild isn't the first one! I guess the whole site is just a little bit too slick. :p I've added "unofficial" to the page title.

Back