They multiply!

Discover more. Learn more. Play more.

pyravolution.jpg

Wow so many nice Pictures of naked Boards ans Parts...

...but they must feel cold...

..they need Energy and a Case soon :D

Wow,thx for that wonderfull News ;)

That may get lost in translation from American English to British English...  Maybe make a peace sign out of the O instead of the two finger salute...?

You mean the fingers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#As_an_insult looks, next to the anarchist A too much like an insult, and to the right of the fingers I should replace the common O with a broken cross (aka peace sign) ? The hand could be replaced by a more nerdy vulcan salute... but it takes the defiance out of the word "revolution". But I can see how archers like Katniss could take offense to those fingers.

I think it gets lost in translation to into U.S.A.  where the 2 fingers and the d.p. (NSFW) logo could mean something entirely different.

My idea was that the V was 2, as in: first Pandora, now Pyra.... The logo is the only red thing, to draw your attention. And this keeps the word "pyra" readable.

Wow so many nice Pictures of naked Boards ans Parts

It reminds me of the British ZX Spectrum magazine that had playmates-of-the-month (I kid you not) in the middle pages... exactly that... nice pictures of boards and closeups of hardware. It is exactly what 3xcl4m4t10n said... should have a tag with NSFW...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's brilliant!

Coming along really well! Look's great... (very big display PCB)

Only the Sega Saturn had more PCB's inside, right? :D  

Do you mean hardware Components? I just ask because there are already so much prototype boards made and populated.

And will there be some kind of thermal compound be used to guide the heat from the CPU to the copper in the Mainboard? Because these golden areas there look interesting. ;)  

No, Software Components:

The Bootloader seems to be not quite right whit the Nand, so it cant load the OS now..

Awesome News, this means this Think could realy work

Is there a set color for the case? Or will there be an option. I am unaware of the complications that involve producing a variety of colored cases.

As a native brit, I'll say that two-fingured salute is clearly V-for-victory, not the archer's taunt.  Works for me!

Yes you are seeing the backs of the fingers so that is the peace sign. It could only be seen as offensive if the arm is YOUR arm and you are the one giving offence... possibly. Yes the "offensive" gesture is when you show the two fingers with the knuckles towards the target of the gesture.

Maybe do a version without the arm?

(Also a native Brit.)

I can't wait to have mine! Do you think it will make a decent phone?

Defining 'phone' as a device made for the explicit purpose of voice communications, it will likely make an abysmal phone.

However, it will make an excellent connected device and communications station - which should include voice communications with a not included Bluetooth headset or device.

Surely I can just hold it to my head? The mic and speakers are on the same side right?

Surely I can just hold it to my head? The mic and speakers are on the same side right?

Yes they are on the same side. The idea was that the mic, on the side-border of the keyboard complemented one speaker

Clam shell nature of the design, no it won't.  It will make a decent handheld computer with the capacity of making a phone call.

Well, you can use headphones... or maybe pair up a bluetooth set?

Yes they are on the same side. The idea was that the mic, on the side-border of the keyboard complemented one speaker

Well, you can use headphones... or maybe pair up a bluetooth set?

using another device to overcome a shortcoming in design still doesn't make it a "decent" phone as it was quoted. 

I doubt the Pyra OS will have decent real-time noise cancellation algorithms, like the ones phones and bluetooth headsets have built in.  Otherwise you'll get feedback from the speakers, causing whoever's calling you to hear their own voice a few milliseconds after they speak, a situation where it's very hard to remain coherent I find.

Edit: Regarding the idea of using the Pyra as a phone and not using a headset.

Back