1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

We've started to order things!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Feb 16, 2017.

1. gpb

gpb Still Fresh

It's futile:
    http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Don't_feed_the_Troll

AVahne likes this.
  2. 0x14f

0x14f Still Fresh

It's fine. I'm fascinated by how civil this discussion is for months. Not sure if flapjack and mat are the same but they surely both make a lot of deliberate typos and misspellings and are here to disrupt.

They are still customer and community member and have right for dialog and freedom of expression unless they break a couple simple rules. They happen to know rules well and are smart enough to never cross the line.

AVahne likes this.
  3. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

Why is this thread turning into a youtube comment section?

FBnil, zmatt, ible and 1 other person like this.
  4. jeeks

jeeks Very Active Member

there, i fixed it :p

FBnil and Kippykip like this.
  5. bzar

bzar A Commando

That's a false dichotomy. There's a whole dimension of other options, namely the project taking the time it takes. He, as the rest of the team, find the time that they find and the project progresses at a pace limited by that (and external factors). It's not a matter of either happening in some optimal schedule or not at all.

Of course there's a function of people cancelling the longer the project takes and running costs eat away the profitability all the time, and there's certainly some threshold of these that make the project no longer feasible. But short of hearing something of the sort straight from the dragon's mouth I'm not convinced we're anywhere near that point. For now, it's probably better in the long run to take the time to do this properly instead of rushing it to market. Most of the stuff that's taking the time are parts that either can be used with any future CPU boards or need to be done with proper care anyway (like the charging part), which makes investing time and patience in them now rather than later a particularly good choice.

_jr_, Neelix, Akko and 1 other person like this.
  6. WizardStan

WizardStan Mega GP Mania

Thanks, I was gonna say...
    This would've been the most civil youtube comment section I've seen in a while. :p

7. Klumpen

Klumpen Run away! Run away!

zacharycramer00 and Kippykip like this.
  8. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

you keep coming back to this misconception. there is no delay. that is the fact. you can not be delayed if there is no release date published! when did ED ever say the Pyra will be ready on a certain date? it has always been and always will be when ED is satisfied he has done everything he can to make the Pyra as economically good as it can be.

Elw3 likes this.
  9. 0x14f

0x14f Still Fresh

Nope, couldn't care less.

Kippykip likes this.
  10. Christoph.Krn

Christoph.Krn Very Active Member

The people who have been around here for longer and know Ed a bit better have just seen time and again that there's no point in questioning whether he "cares" that you and I get our Pyras soon. He's just one of us, of course he cares! The Pandora also had many mishaps, unfortunate developments, and delays (which, in my opinion, were worse than this time), and the planning (by Craig at the time) had been way more chaotic, but Ed did deliver eventually.

If you ask these kind of critical questions, then that's a good thing to do, but to many here such questions just don't seem to help anything in this particular case. This is not like with a big company that has lots of resources, just give money and get a finished solution in return, but I'm sure you knew that. Unfortunately, if requesting the preorder money back is not what you want to do (i.e. if you do trust @EvilDragon ), then I'm afraid that the best thing that you can do to improve the Pyra's release is to embrace that every individual person can have an impact with his or her specific and specialized knowledge.

You've mentioned that there have also been delays that have not been reasonable in your opinion. Would you mind elaborating on those? Maybe there's a lesson to learn or an opportunity to improve something
    Who would not agree with "Don't feed the Troll"? Even people who understand themselves as trolls wouldn't. To be honest, I don't think that the label "Troll" would be even anywhere just remotely fair at this point. On the other hand, whenever you label someone a troll, it gets even less likely that opposing sides will be approaching each other...

Haraldur, m@t, Hiko and 2 others like this.
  11. Shenmue

Shenmue Advanced Member

The later the Pyra gets released, the better for my Pandoras. Still using my Pandies for work and entertainment everyday...

FBnil and mecksg1 like this.
  12. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Active Member

I'm jealous.

13. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

Well maybe not that extreme yet :oops:

14. gpb

gpb Still Fresh

I agree on the second part. But in my opinion we reached that point of no return on Sunday at 9:52 PM.

15. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

No problem with that at all. Although the communications here are mostly in English, English is not the native language of a very significant portion of the audience. English simply appears to be the language that most of us have in common. It is not uncommon for some facts and factors to get lost in translation. What is your native language? There may be some here who can help clarify things that may be difficult to translate.

16. zacharycramer00

zacharycramer00 Still Fresh

LOL @Klumpen

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

17. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Mmm... not really. Keep in mind that they're doing something nobody has ever done before. That means that when there is no off the shelf solution. When problems are encountered, a solution needs to be invented.

Project managers the world over are always frustrated with the speed of invention. To invent a solution to an unforeseen situation always takes an indeterminate amount of time. Indeterminate tasks simply do not fit into a Gantt chart.

Timelines for invention are simply irrelevant.

18. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Advanced Member

I would like to see proof of a stated release date, as without a release date there can be no delay.

19. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Moderator Staff Member

How so?

20. Stainy

Stainy Well-Known Member

This guy needs to go!

Zogzog and mecksg1 like this.