Release SuperZaxxon Final released!

Hi Linux-SWAT - I ended up changing the checksum file to match the actual checksum and it worked fine.

Is that what you did, or did you upload the original "final" build?

I'm now in the situation where I don't know what the difference is between the version originally released on this thread and what I have installed!

I uploaded the latest working stable images uploaded by ED.

You should reflash with these if you don't know what you did ;^).

I uploaded the latest working stable images uploaded by ED.

You should reflash with these if you don't know what you did ;^).

Hey Linux-SWAT, thanks very much for the upload.

I reflashed my Pandora with the latest stable image here and am still experiencing an incomplete touchscreen calibration problem.

The touch screen is very accurate anywhere before a space of 5mm to the right-most edge, and I can touch any button, menu, or icon with the stylus in these areas. However, I am having trouble dragging the terminal or web browser's scroll bar with the stylus, as the cursor appears to be off in the area where the scrollbar is situated about 5mm to the right edge of the screen. When touching the scrollbar with the stylus, the pointer displaces itself another 5mm to the left from the scrollbar.

Also, trying to close the window by tapping on the X will work, but for minimizing/maximizing windows, the cursor again appears to be off. If I touch the minimize/maximize window icon, the cursor will immediately place itself onto the X and close the window. The problem also appears, only sometimes, also at 5mm to the left of the screen.

Hmmm...any ideas on what may be wrong here? Anyone else having this problem? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I reflashed a unit, recalibrated, all is fine here...

I don't remember if it's the right file to check, anyway what is the content of /etc/pointercal ?

The default one is:

-13868 53 54178276 43 -8681 32884616 65536

Maybe copy/paste and reboot ?

BTW i noticed strange characters at the end, emacs on my PC reports:

-13868 53 54178276 43 -8681 32884616 65536^@6^@

And nano on the OP (numbers differ as i recalibrated):

-13868 53 54178276 43 -8681 32884616 65536^@^@^@

The content of /etc/pointercal shows:

-15115 -789 60885656 21 -9022 33244616 65536

I'll replace this value with the default one you have above and report back.

EDIT: Ok, I tried the default value, rebooted, but the problem is still there. Recalibrated and rebooted again, but still no fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird.

Is it a no-wifi OP ?

A 512M OP ?

Did you tried to boot the old kernel (hold R while powering on) and calibrate there ?

I gotta say, SuperZaxxon is a really polished system, I'm very impressed with it.

I installed so I can use ext4, but there's so many advantages and just general goodness and polish.

Yes, that was the first method I used iirc, then people claimed that profiles didn't work when they launched it from the applet. I will probably dig deeper when a new OS release is under development.

After playing Mame4All and SNES9x my Pandora randomly freezes. Black screen and only cursor is available. I have to remove the battery in order to fix it. Same also happend with Frogatto,

All PND's are the latest from the Repo, using PND Manager.

I didn't experience the same issues on 5a.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I should reflash again?

Checksums mismatch is:

2180aa90d82992ff52339fe9d9711205

vs

fb136149154683fa0a5e6cd78d77e881

Yeah seems if he checksumed the tar.bz2 instead of the ubifs.img

fb136149154683fa0a5e6cd78d77e881 Angstrom-pandora-xfce-image-glibc-ipk-2010.4-test-20120719-omap3-pandora.rootfs.tar.bz2

yeah.... I did ask a mod to update the original post and firmware link, but I am not sure if they have had time yet. I'll try a PM.

Something that's either only just started happening or I've not noticed previously - the WiFi LED isn't always lit when WiFi is activated. In fact lately it's more often not lit. Works normally under a previous firmware.

The inability to toggle the usb host also still occurs sometimes under the new kernel - most often when I've inserted a USB memory stick first, then toggled USB host 'enable'. This sometimes results in the stick not appearing, and the toggle remaining at 'disable' no matter how often it's toggled.

Back