Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 5 released

Hm, weird, nothing has changed there sincd Hotfix 5 AFAIR... I'll check it before going final.

Seems to work for me though - I've set my speed to 1000 MHz and it is 1000 MHz after I booted up.

I often get this window, that wants to reset my clockspeed on bootup. I think this is because I set my defaultspeed to 925 once and then changed the mx clock to 900. So it always starts out of my defined maximum.

Only problem is, that I can't change the default speed anymore. It doesn't show the slider, but only says def speed was not changed when I select that from the tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll get the slider again when you set the maximum speed higher than the default speed again.

Notaz posted a fix? Great, time to build the image then :)

Hm, weird, nothing has changed there sincd Hotfix 5 AFAIR... I'll check it before going final.

Seems to work for me though - I've set my speed to 1000 MHz and it is 1000 MHz after I booted up.

If I look at my clock speed it tells me it is running at 850, but the performance I am getting is not 850.

Also when I try to choose the preset speed of 500 it actually chooses 600.

I *think* that was because of a bug. However, as I understood the bug, it would toss up the CPU-speed select dialog instead :eek:

Anyway, from SuperZaxxon stable, 600 MHz (or whatever is specified as minimum speed if higher) will be the new low point. It will also use the maximum speed limit for generating the selectable options.

- Return to Castle Wolfenstein
That's what I would like to see, but my guess is that 1 1/2 months might be too short to get something like this up and running.

I could imagine someone to take on one of the existing Quake1, Quake2 and/or Quake3 ports and optimize it?

Not sure about Quake1, it is marked as beta ... I did not read much about the Quake2 port, but a lot of people complained about the controls in Quake3 for example. There may be other existing ports worth updating ...

But I think the most interesting .PNDs in the competition will be the ones that bring something completely new, something nobody really thought about. A new game concept that utilizes the different control options the Pandora has, maybe in a new way even, or an application that suddenly enables you to use the Pandora for something you never thought about.

quake2 doesn't work well for me. keep freezing and crashing

There is a new image dated at 3 a.m. today...is that the secret final or did I just miss the correct thread? Or is it something not-yet-finished? Any help greatly appreciated :)

Well it flashes and it does not call itself Beta5 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In SZ5a on my 256MB Pandora, my WiFi is borked (slow, constantly dropped connections) in both the 3.2 and 2.6 kernels. I'm aware the 3.2 kernel has these issues, but is it normal for the 2.6 kernel as well?

I've also tried the WiFi Updater PND on SZ5a, to no avail. The latest 3:34am-dated pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2 with SD-Installer also has the same issue. I guess my next step is to try Zaxxon HF6. Hoping this isn't a hardware issue.

Tried different routers?

If not, try changing the config in your router (especially check the channel or the security protocol).

Not all Wifi devices play nicely with all routers.

Back