Release SuperZaxxon v1.51 released!

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
The final version of SuperZaxxon has seen some bugfixes and therefore got a minor update to v1.51

Therefore, there's no no features, no alpha nor beta, just a small update - but some of you might like that :)

Changelog:

• UPDATE: Kernel updated to 3.2.26
  • FIX (Kernel): Issue of nubs not working on some pandoras (the voltage was slightly below maximum requirement allowed by microcontroller datasheet) has been fixed
  • FIX (Kernel): Nub driver crash when nubs were used on suspend/resume has been fixed
  • FIX (Kernel): Framebuffer console colors in 24/32bpp mode
  • FIX (Kernel): Kernel crash on attempt to setup ad-hoc (ad-hoc itself is still broken) has been fixed.
  • UPDATE: sdl_omap updated
  • FIX: X/screensaver deadlock when lid-close was set to suspend has been fixed
  • UPDATE: Added Gamma-Settings for using the Pandora outside in bright sunlight (LCD-Settings)
  • FIX: 3D Driver now working on all 1GHz units (some DM3730 had a new CPU revision where the driver didn't know what CPU Type it was)

This should hopefully address most issues you guys were reporting.

Thanks, of course, to notaz for all of these fixes and his hard work :)

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Download SuperZaxxon Final

Please note: Flashing the new firmware will put your unit back into a default state. All your settings and users will be lost. Of course, this does not apply to PNDs which save their stuff on the SD-Card.

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

It will then flash the firmware onto the NAND. After it's finished, reboot your Pandora and patiently wait until the First Boot Wizard appears on the screen.

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry

Oh Cool News :)

Ist that Image Ready for the SD Installer to boot with the new Kernel Automatic too?

With the old Version i must copy manual the Boot Directory from Nand to SD(the Uboot) and replace the TXT Start Files

in the Fat Boot Partition to get the new Kernel running.

(when not change the Start Files,only the Uboot,had Touchscreen not worked)

I love to use the Pandora System on SD Cards,because my Experiments crashes often the Linux and i must rewrite

the SD(better the SD as the Nand ;) )

When not,is there any way to install it easier(or Faster)?

A Question about the Voltage in the Nubs,can it be that when you use more

Power for the Nubs that consumes it little more Power from the Accu?

UPDATE: Added Gamma-Settings for using the Pandora outside in bright sunlight
oh cool,this is nice to read too ;)

Oo, new CPU revision - bugfixes? Make any difference to the manufacturing process?

Neat! :)

Will keep my eye on this and will probably download and flash in a couple of weeks time when I'm in a better reception area.

Thanks Notaz + ED!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Good news, i am goin to try it tonight, and will try the gamma setting tommorow :)

Tnx for the update.

will test the sunlight-part as soon as i can download and flash :)

If this works out well, I may use the pandora WAY more often :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems NTFS is no longer supported as default, wondered why my 64GB card didn't load up

Ignore, forgot NTFS was on community codec pack

Nice one Notaz! Maybe PNDManager will handle OS updates in the future :D B-Zar? Hehehe

Awww I just flashed my unit last night from Hotfix 6 to SuperZaxxon in preperation for it getting repaired at Gamescom. If only I waited a day xD

Think i'll reflash it again when I get the chance as the outside gamma settings sounds useful. Or should I just wait until you either make a patch or release another build of the OS? When will it next be upgraded and what features will there be?

^ It's hard to say around here.. I'd just go for it.

Fair enough. I'll flash it when I'm back home. Visiting my mum right now and her internet has a download limit :( I doubt I'll be using the Pandora too much outside before I get home anyway, taking this trip home as a chance to be lazy for a couple of days!

There's a nice tweak by notaz in this kernel that makes anything that _reads_ from the framebuffer much faster. E.g. my microbes game does alpha blending using notaz' SDL blits; this has just become more than twice as fast!

Excellent, this!

Just wondering: Is there any way to fix the "USB 1.1 thingie crashes the USB stack or something" in software? I understand that we cannot use USB1.1 gadgets directly no matter what, but I think it would be quite nice if there was some way to recover without a reboot?

Back