Release SuperZaxxon Final released!

For completions sake here's a summary of all the tests I ran:

Code:
Boot into 3.2 from power off when 3.2 was previously run without fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

All 4 Tests - Left nub no response

Boot into 3.2 from power off when 2.6 was previously run:

All 4 Tests- Left nub works

Boot into 3.2 from power off when 3.2 was previously run after fixing nub by restarting with 2.6:

All 4 Tests - Left nub no response
That's some messed up stuff, how is it doing if you take out battery for 10minutes, reinsert and boot straight to 3.2 nub_test3?

My problems regarding charging were improved after the battery removal/pause/reinsertion procedure.

Can only recommend this to everyone!

Not much effort (only date/time needs to be set again), but a potentially large effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Test4 is working fine.

I didn't have the little desktop bug when AC connected.

Hi, has someone just updated the installer without updating the checksum? Some of the files in the zip are dated 09:36 yesterday, and when I try and flash I'm getting an incorrect checksum "Update Failed" message.

I have tried several SD cards previously known to work, and I have downloaded the update 3 times from 2 links, flashed 3 times and got the same message.

Checksums mismatch is:

2180aa90d82992ff52339fe9d9711205

vs

fb136149154683fa0a5e6cd78d77e881

Thanks for any advice.

Hmh ED asked yesterday if I've finished dealing with nub issue, I did not answer in time that I'm not (we're still testing here). It seems he rushed the update before his holidays, so this download will be broken for a week now :(

Uh oh, emergency, I guess I have killed minimenu. I just wanted to test some of the included skins, now it just doesn't work annymore. I guess it showed me an old skin that was not installed anymore on the Pandora. Actualy impossible after complete reflash. Where please is the config located so I can set the skin back to default?

And why does it show non existing or faulty skins in the options that lead to a permanent reload loop of Minimenu? I hope this is not a serious bug. SOme warnings would be nice if a skin doesn't work correctly or the good old 15 seconds dialouge that auto resets skin when not confirm.

I don't want to reflash so I hope I can fix MiniMenu per config, I just have not found the right one yet.

Maybe /etc/pandora/conf/mmenu.conf ?

There's also /etc/pandora/mmenu

Take also a look at .* in your home folder.

Thx, found it and solved it. BUT MMenu again makes trouble, SERIOUS trouble. Hiding apps also can lead into infinite loop forever, not sure when, maybe when app is part of 1 PND or you hide the app that was selected last. I don't want to test anymore since my system becomes broken even more and more through al the resets. :(

Please help again, my XFCE menu bar now looks messed up, not sure what happens but icons are back to default, thunar launcher is empty, clock is gone....

You better never mess around with MiniMenu settings, seems it can break your entire OS, dangerous.

How can I get back the standard XFCE menu bar? Seriously, Linux scares me sometimes pretty hard.

^^ Relax.

If you want to reset all Xfce parameters, boot into CLI mode, log in then then remove the .config/xfce4 folder:

Code:
rm -rf .config/xfce4

Then

Code:
sudo reboot

Another MiniMenu bug also re-appeared in SuperZaxxon Final:

If you remove a SD card, MiniMenu scans forever (in an infinite loop), thus gets unresponsive.

As soon as you re-enter the SD-card MiniMenu recovers.

Removing and reinserting works fine in XFCE, no such troubles.

So I guess the bug is rooted not within libpnd but MiniMenu.

^^ Relax.

If you want to reset all Xfce parameters, boot into CLI mode, log in then then remove the .config/xfce4 folder:

Code:
rm -rf .config/xfce4

Then

Code:
sudo reboot
I never relax when things go wrong, I'm an emotional man... :D

And it was 4 'o clock in the morning, I just wanted a qucik test and everything went wrong. I never should touch the Pandora before going to bed. ^^

"CLI" Mode? No clue. I just tried to recover all the elements per hand and set everything so far I could. Took 20 minutes which is ways to long. It would be better to find ways to lock the xfce settings and prevent them to change of their own mood. Seems quite instable, these XFCE elements. I'm not even sure why this happend since I just have trouble with MiniMenu. I can't remember I moved the mouse cursor to early during booting up XFCE, maybe this is enough to drive the Desktop crazy.

However, the MiniMenu issue stays. To be more precise, I was going to hide some of the many Games from the Gnomegames Compilation, worked so far but "Quadrapuzzle" caused the instant MiniMenu suicide. It had it's own cathegory, maybe this causes trouble when hiding such programms and they are also marked as "last used app". I edited the config file and could reactivate MiniMenu but the issue remains. I guess this can be reproduced.

...I really didn't want to find bugs, I did not even searched for. I'm always that "lucky". :D

Ah, thanks. I've should have known this since I already booted this way. ^^

Deleting the file with sudo from within the XFCE or MiniMenu doesn't work I guess then?

However, I think I'm close to the original menu bar. I dropped orage and just used the clock, tooltip mouseover doesn#t seem to work for displaying date, even if it's activated but besides this, Menu bar works fine. :)

Now I carefully look what else are the issues with Minimenu. There seems a good bunch of this.

Hi, has someone just updated the installer without updating the checksum? Some of the files in the zip are dated 09:36 yesterday, and when I try and flash I'm getting an incorrect checksum "Update Failed" message.

I have tried several SD cards previously known to work, and I have downloaded the update 3 times from 2 links, flashed 3 times and got the same message.

Checksums mismatch is:

2180aa90d82992ff52339fe9d9711205

vs

fb136149154683fa0a5e6cd78d77e881

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed this from Notaz: Hmh ED asked yesterday if I've finished dealing with nub issue, I did not answer in time that I'm not (we're still testing here). It seems he rushed the update before his holidays, so this download will be broken for a week now :(

Can a mod update the original links until ED is back from his well deserved break? Thanks!

Hello, same for me. I have tried several times and formatted the SDCard with Fat32 & redownloaded 5 times. Same error each time.

The .zip archive over on Linux-SWAT temp webdir is slightly larger, and this one works fine.

I have an OK internet line, and have tried extracting the ZIP file on Win7 and MacOSX. I have tried on a FAT and FAT32 SDcard.

I therefore conclude that there is something iffy with the .ZIP on the official link, and am very greatful that Linux-SWAT uploaded on his webspace.

All the best

C_S

Last edited by a moderator:
Back