Release SuperZaxxon Final released!

ok found issue, when I installed the OS to SD using the sd card installed pnd it only ever boots into old 2.X kernel and I cant get it to boot into 3.2 kernel
Aren't we supposed to install the Nand version first, which fixes the new 3.x kernel location ?

Just installed - Touchscreen (after calibration) is waaaaaay off - the mouse pointer appears about 1.5" above/right of where I touch, which is annoying. There's some sort of document on the desktop which has to be removed after you boot first :)

I notice that the taskbar is cluttered with all sorts of rubbish again!

Edit: Repeated recalibration fixes it, but it's very unreliable - first time I've seen that.

D.
I also had the same issue at first, you have to restart your Pandora so the Touchscreen Calibration is set. ;)

Just installed - Touchscreen (after calibration) is waaaaaay off - the mouse pointer appears about 1.5" above/right of where I touch, which is annoying. There's some sort of document on the desktop which has to be removed after you boot first :)

I notice that the taskbar is cluttered with all sorts of rubbish again!

Edit: Repeated recalibration fixes it, but it's very unreliable - first time I've seen that.

D.
I also had the same issue at first, you have to restart your Pandora so the Touchscreen Calibration is set. ;)

Yeah, did that - had to recalibrate and reboot twice before the settings took. All OK now though!

D.

Thanks for the mention of zRam not being enabled on first boot, rebooting solves it for me.

Also for swapon -s / free, I'll note these on the wiki:

http://pandorawiki.org/Swap

Yes there's more documentation scattered around for this topic, I'll make a note to gather it all up into one document at some point.

.. argh, zRam doesn't seem to make Firefox any faster. It still looks like a physical swapfile is required for reasonable speed. I'll troubleshoot some more. =/

It also looks like all hotkey functionality for running an application isn't working. I'll test some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have the same nubs issue as on previouos versions, at least I hard reset doesn't kill everything anymore (for that I am very thankful!!) :)

> Touchscreen (after calibration) is waaaaaay off

I had this issue when I accidently double-tapped the screen.

- the first top-left graphic appeared to click on

- the accidental second ( / double ) click was associated with the next top-right graphic

- the 3rd bottom-left graphic was then shown ( which I assumed was the 2nd, as the above graphic disappeared so quickly )

The cursor was then off to the left/top when I tried to click on the screen afterwards.

It might be worth having a delay between clicks, or maybe a range check, so that accidently double-tapping the same icon will be ignored and allow correct screen calibration. A retry button was mentioned earlier as well ( I had to continue the boot with the keyboard, and then select the recalibrate screen option from the xfce menu )

Just tried installing the codecs. Takes about 3 minutes to open the first warning window, and it's been stuck at half-way for about ten minutes now. Definitely a problem with this PND.

D.

Codec Pack installation worked fine for me, no issues there.

But with advanced testing and the new Hotfix it seems that my Pandora mic is broken and not working at all. I have tried it since Hotfix 6 to make it work with mumble but it just does nothing at all, no test was successfuly and I made sure to activate everything Mic releatad (audio settings, recording enabled etc...) Also set the right source in Mumble but the mic just doesn't show a sign of life.

At least this seems to be the only HW issue on my Pandora. ^^

ok found issue, when I installed the OS to SD using the sd card installed pnd it only ever boots into old 2.X kernel and I cant get it to boot into 3.2 kernel

Same here. Used the most recent version of the SD installer, and it now boots with "Kernel 2.6.27" every time. Holding the right shoulder button on power on, the boot menu offers only:

Default Boot

Power Off

Boot From Sd1:1

USB Serial prompt

Serial prompt

No option for different Kernel boot (I'm assuming that was the procedure?)

Aren't we supposed to install the Nand version first, which fixes the new 3.x kernel location ?

Is this so? What if we want to keep a previous OS on Nand? I thought using SD made it entirely independent?

FWIW when I was using SZB5a before this (also from SD via SD installer tool), the boot menu was the same as noted above, I couldn't swtch kernels (but it was booting with 3.2).

Should we revert to using the older version of the SD Installer pnd maybe, if it's a case that the most recent one expects a different Kernel location?

Is this a known bug:

Config tray icon > TV-out > Configure TV-out

does not open up the TV-out menue but has no effect.

If i open up the menue with Pandora button > Settings > TV-Out-Settings it works well.

I've tried the final, but my unit freezed allways if it tries to connect to my WLan.

Reflashed several times, even new downloaded. CPU at any MHz, no difference. Accu remove didn't help.

Have done it successfull with all betas before.

Same SD Card. Pandora is a 512 MB version.

Need some hints where I can look for.

Found the reason. It must be something wrong with the Connection Manager.

If I setup the connection over " Create New Wireless Network" or Connect to a Hidden Wireless Network, the unit freezed while connecting.

This is a reproducable error for my Pandora.

If I go over "VPN Connections/Configure VPN/Wireless" an set the connection up, it connects emediately without errors and freezes.

For OS in SD card users. I have taken the uImage-3 from nand in /boot folder and copied it to ROOT /boot (i have to create this folder). Then i made a symlink uImage in that same folder pointing to uImage-3. Finally this are the boot and autoboot files i use in BOOT.

Attachments

• boot.txt
    200 bytes · Views: 144
  • autoboot.txt
    279 bytes · Views: 139
Is this a known bug:

Config tray icon > TV-out > Configure TV-out

does not open up the TV-out menue but has no effect.

If i open up the menue with Pandora button > Settings > TV-Out-Settings it works well.

Bah, that means sudo -n is not the way to run it, and it did not save profiles without sudo, from reports I got <.<

I tried to download the SuperZaxxon Final File, but it keeps stating the file is corrupt.Is there another way I can get this to download??? The Pandora will no longer accept my username and password.

Thanks!!!

I'm uploading the NAND and the SD images here :

http://openpandora.f...enpandora/temp/

Wait 1 hour or so for the upload to complete.

md5sum SuperZaxxonFinal.zip

368c765b529d0f6356997e1c1054776f SuperZaxxonFinal.zip

md5sum pandora-rootfs-SZFINAL.tar.bz2

dfa91200c49016d92ca63b5a97e646ca pandora-rootfs-SZFINAL.tar.bz2

Back