Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 1.1 released

Much better, thanks!

3. Unable to overclock in older kernel - I expected not to be able to do it in the experimental kernel, but the original kernel also refused to allow me to overclock.
which is not it's fault - new kernel puts the chip into state that old kernel is unable to handle, so you need to remove the battery to reset it back to normal (which I do not try to imply is good, will have to track it down..).

Last edited by a moderator:
The new kernel seems to be working well, I left my pandora running overnight (conky and firefox running on the desktop), I lost about 4-5% of battery in 6 hours.

Current_Now shows something between 25 and 40 mA.

The only issue I've noticed is that SD access seems very very slow now (maybe it has something to do with that fix you mentioned.) but it is taking many times longer to load something like Firefox or PanDebian.

Edit: It just crashed while going into standby (flicking power switch to the right)

The only issue I've noticed is that SD access seems very very slow now (maybe it has something to do with that fix you mentioned.) but it is taking many times longer to load something like Firefox or PanDebian.
Yes it's that. Without it, you get occasional data corruption, almost always when copying between SD slots and occasionally in other cases, like SD->usbdisk copies. Some people (including myself) consider data corruption the worst thing that can happen, so would be willing to pay the speed price, but I understand others would not. Maybe need some way to turn this on/off, or something.

Yes it's that. Without it, you get occasional data corruption, almost always when copying between SD slots and occasionally in other cases, like SD->usbdisk copies. Some people (including myself) consider data corruption the worst thing that can happen, so would be willing to pay the speed price, but I understand others would not. Maybe need some way to turn this on/off, or something.

I copy between my SD cards a lot in the past and have not noticed any problem. I agree that data corruption is a very very bad thing, but taking about 60-120 seconds to load Firefox in comparison to 5-10 seconds is just as bad in my opinion.

Just avoiding copying between SD cards is probably a better solution for some users.

Does the data-corruption problem solely depend on the kernel setting or also on the SD-cards/controller? I've had lots of problems with data corruption on my Transcend cards, but not a single one on my Sandisk cards (and I've copied several GB of data between the two, large single files as well as many small ones.)

My orange 3g stick doesn't work and never shows up in network manager,i have orange one.

Is vodafone one better.

If you reflashed the firmware, you are going to have to go through the same progress as you had before.

strange Minimenu behaviour (using standard (=old) Kernel, boot from nand):

I swaped the SC-Cards a lot lately, now I'm having the problem, that when I insert my card with pnds in the first slot, SD-light shows activity, and MiniMenu seems to scan the card. But no pnd from the card is loaded into minimenu. When I pull the sdcard out of the Slot, MiniMenu gets active again, and all my pnds that are on the card I removed are now loaded into Minimenu. If I put the card back in they disappear. Now I remove the card in the second slot, all pnds from the first card appear :blink:

Yep, happened to me as well.

It works if you manually select "Rescan" in MiniMenu though.

Today I tried to use an animated GIF for a mmenu skin. But only the first frame is shown. I would love to have support for animated GIFs in a future update!

cheers

Back