Release Super Geometry Dust

screen110517-142258.png

OMG OMG! I... I... RULE!!!!!! :lol:

Thank you wermy!

Thank you new improved double laser!

Thank you divinely orchestrated psychotic thumb twitching because I don't know how I got that score!!!! :eek: :D

Congrats mate! Now who'll be the first to get 1 million + ?

Guess what I'm doing with all my free time? ;)

... But sure as fudge I bet someone else will get there first. That game I played was sheer insanity - I don't know how I survived.

P.s.

Now that I've managed to play the game further - some of the suggestions I made are bad ideas:

1) Having the grid glow red as an enemy crests the horizon is utterly impractical and if implemented will only add to the insanity and confusion.

2) A power up allowing you to jump is likewise a completely sucky idea. It will make you die. I see that now.

However, I would still like to see:

1) A bomb that does away with the asteroids and more powerful spawning ships.

2) A secondary weapon that has limited uses (like the bomb): a short sweeping beam that functions very much like when Link powers up his sword (What's that called again?)

Personally a few things I'd like to see would be things like maybe a little automatic smaller bomb just when you start a new life, simply to clear a little space around your ship, and to have your ship flash completely during that brief invulnerability phase (ie fully filled in, then back to the normal outline view afterwards). Also a little pause when you get killed, just before your ship explodes would be cool too (think it might have been Dropzone I remember doing that?)

The most bad-ass enemies are the stars. But I have no complaints about them - except maybe the request that they spawn less frequently than any other enemy?

Then: I still think that the fish need to change from brown to some other colour.

Why? Because when the sphere is riddled with asteroid fragments and they are partially visible on the other side of the globe - it is extremely easy to mistake a brown fish for an occluded asteroid fragment... especially if it's a lone fish generated from one of the spawning ships while you have the super laser power up (I.e. the sphere is red)

I can't tell you how many times I've died going 'WTF? I thought I was in the clear!?!'

wermy: does one ever get the super laser as a permanent power up?

Also, I found that even the super laser doesn't shoot fast enough to clear the massive amount of enemies that generate later in the game.

How about a super dooper laser? B)

How about reverse shooting lasers... you can clear in front and behind...

Definitely more space should be cleared when you die and respawn...

Game rocks! ^__^
It's hard, but imo the cleared place is big enough.

More time before starting again, maybe, but don't make it easier. I like it hard, although I'm not good - it's just more fun. If you make it any easier then add different settings for the difficulty so every one can choose how he likes it.

Ive manage 299k-something so far - Just short of 300 000. I have nothing of value to contribute apart from chiming in with a "This game bloody ROCKS!" again :D

Killer app, wermy! I was a passive fan of Geometry Wars, but SGD definitely knocks the pants right off it... A grid sphere to see what's going on over the entire arena, higher difficulty, a robust army of enemies, chaos that isn't rendered claustrophobic by borders... This'll keep me busy on the bus for a long time to come :B

Coincidentally, I'd been looking for a nice, accessible app to show off the dual nubs to intrigued comrades. Kinda hard to stress them off-the-cuff with old Genny games and DOOM!

Well I still got disconnected from WiFi. :( I really like using the D-Pad to move though. New high of 643k after only 15min or so of playing. I think I'm gonna go for 1mil.

Good luck to you mate. Try as I might I can't get close to me previous high score. Must have been a fluke.
Lol yea, now the highest I've got is 498k and I've had a lot <300k =\ I'll get it back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome game! I just had the chance to play it yesterday. I'm sure this will be eating up some of my free time in the coming weeks.

Bug Report. If you quit mid game it asks you to enter your name for a high score and adds it to the bottom as 00000s.

^ Says something about the game that this wasn't reported before :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I still get the problem that half-way through the game, some dialog box pops up in the background and it corrupts the display - it looks like the network password dialog, for some reason. My question is, why is this happening? I don't see WiFi features in this game - so why is it bringing up my network connection dialog? Very weird.

Back