SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
tEwn1vh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard the data plan will be optional, have you heard the same?

I'm not too sure, mate. All I know is what SONY have officiall announced, which is the exclusive partnership with AT&T, meaning you get the best deals with them.

I'm just going to go with pre-paid eventually.

If I were to buy a mainstream portable - I would go for this over the 3DS.

Maybe I'll get one in a couple of years' time. At present - there's no realistic way I could afford it as well as what I spend on my Pandora and Real Life. :mellow:

Looks amazing tho'

Is there any ideas about release date and price in Australia will it be same as the USA? also anything about 3g over here they gonna go with telstra or sort of anyone?

Not, not yet...but my guess is PSV will be launched in Japan at the end of this year with USA, Europe, Australia and the rest of the world sometime in February or March 2012.

As for price, expect no more than AU $400 (maybe $350 for the WiFi only model?), as SONY is trying to compete with Nintendo 3DS's $350 price.

3G? I'm not sure, sorry.

Not, not yet...but my guess is PSV will be launched in Japan at the end of this year with USA, Europe, Australia and the rest of the world sometime in February or March 2012.

As for price, expect no more than AU $400 (maybe $350 for the WiFi only model?), as SONY is trying to compete with Nintendo 3DS's $350 price.

3G? I'm not sure, sorry.

Cool thanks for the insight. Well I know I'll be getting one no matter the cost, It shouldn't be more than the US considering the AUS vs US dollar but like everything else it definately will be. Can't see how even with the gimmicks and franchise strength nintendo could possibly compete with the pure power and brilliance of SONY (was talking about the vita console but if you wanna take it as a compliment directly to you go for it) in saying that I will probably get a 3DS when the price drops.

Although, we can't sign off Nintendo 3DS yet, because there are a few things Nintendo has installed (for the near future) to combat SONY PSV and it's awesome game line-up...

{snipped}

Although, we can't sign off Nintendo 3DS yet, because there are a few things Nintendo has installed (for the near future) to combat SONY PSV and it's awesome game line-up...

Mario

Pokémon

Super Smash Bros.

The Legend of Zelda

Metroid

F-Zero

Donkey Kong

Kirby

Kid Icarus

Wave Race

Yoshi

I know I have to say these are pretty much all my favourite game franchises hence the reason for me witing for a price drop to buy what is technically anyway a far inferior device. what you reckon about microsoft having a crack at a portable any time soon i think if they did it would make things extremely interesting

I don't think M$ would be that foolish to enter into the portable video gaming arena at the moment.

Remember, Apple is actually included in the mix and if anything Android OS based smart phones should be included as well.

IMHO, the future of gaming is in Smart phones.

I don't think M$ would be that foolish to enter into the portable video gaming arena at the moment.

Remember, Apple is actually included in the mix and if anything Android OS based smart phones should be included as well.

IMHO, the future of gaming is in Smart phones.

Yeah agreed on both fronts although a bit of portable Halo could never go astray. I have an iPhone and iPad and have to say they are pretty damn impressive when it comes to gaming nevermind all the other added functionality. But personally I think there will still always be a place for dedicated gaming handhelds who knows with a little update the PSV could be a phone it has a built in speaker and sim card slot.

Who gives a flying F*** about sony's new psp V, can it be used as a tiny linux based pc, I think not, will it play my old rom's, some friggin chance, come on OPT save me from this madness and build some more pandora's, so I can get mine.

you gotta admit though, at $250, the vita is quite the powerhouse hardware wise, and emulators/linux will come sooner or later

You must also remember that Sony likes to sell its hardware at a loss to reel in more buyers, making up the money in games, fees, and God-knows-what-else. Most consoles are sold this way. (Nintendo is a notable exception, actually profiting a small bit off Wiis. With the new Wii U, that may change soon.)

I'd also like to remind people that the inability to do this is exactly why the Pandora is as expensive as it is.

Just been watching the trailers for WipEout and LBP, and I do like the idea that you can press in blocks from the front or back using the touch panels.

Think I'll be getting the standard wifi model when it hits stores in the US, as I'll be moving (hopefully) in the next few months.

The game selection alone has made this my next console purchase ever since fully disregarding the WiiU (even though they have announced pikmin 3 for it).

Happy days and here's hoping Prinny 3 comes out on it :)

Back