SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Q: What are the specs of the OLED screen?

A: 5 inches (16:9), 960x544 pixels, Approx. 16,770,000 colors displayed

:wub: :wub: :wub:
1. OLED isn't the best.

2. That resolution should have been higher for a 5" screen.

3. Everything has 16.7 million or more colours nowadays and have so forever now, it's an industry minimum standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they are using these cards and not discs, it means they can expand the amount of storage on it over time, MGS3 on the 3DS will be on a 4GB cart instead of the standard 2GB.

Q: What are the specs of the OLED screen?

A: 5 inches (16:9), 960x544 pixels, Approx. 16,770,000 colors displayed

:wub: :wub: :wub:
1. OLED isn't the best.

2. That resolution should have been higher for a 5" screen.

3. Everything has 16.7 million or more colours nowadays and have so forever now, it's an industry minimum standard.
Come on, the resolution is great. is Q1080p for easy(er) scaling between HD games. Higher would strain the GPU.

Because the 3DS also uses carts, and because of that when a game comes along bigger than expected, you can just add more storage to it, discs tend to be much more limited with expansion, MGS3 is just an example of carts' ability to expand when needed.

In short Sony have used carts so the Vitas games can grow and become better over it's life span.

As for the proprietary carts, I can't think of a commercial (read as Sony, Nintendo or Sega) handheld that hasn't used a proprietary format.

Sorry, was covering a few different bits from this thread in there, didn't mean to be vague.

I imagine they'll put an M2 port in, since it's their own product they'll try to support it where ever they can, that's what logic tells me I might be wrong.

Your PS Vita Games Might Look Like This

Earlier this Spring, a real-time technical demo for Trinigy's Vision Game Engine showed off what kind of texturing and lighting the then-codenamed NGP could render.

Trinigy's released a new demo, this time trading the urban setting for a fantasy one, complete with real-time water reflection, glare effects, and lighting.

As Kotaku previously pointed out, the environments in the Trinigy tech demos look a little sparse, which might say something about this specific engine or the hardware it's running on. Still, looks quite nice for a handheld, and over time, developers will no doubt figure out how to wring more from the PS Vita.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/upM7gwdfMW0?feature=oembed

http://kotaku.com/5811259/your-ps-vita-games-might-look-like-this

Also, here some new images of PSV below.

12.jpg

10.jpg

09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before, but I really like how the PSV has real analog sticks. I never really got into nubs. I just hope that the dpad will be of acceptable quality. The PSP-1000's dpad was not bad if you raised it by sticking something underneath it, and the later models fixed this (at least partially). If you compare these shots to PSP-1000 the dpad (and buttons) look a lot more raised, so I have good expectations for this one.

I hope they utilize the 3GS well, and for a lot more than gaming.. I see it as being one big feature that Nintendo won't be able to touch them on.

except for the fact that they chose at&t as their 3g provider, and the iphone crowd went berserk

except for the fact that they chose at&t as their 3g provider, and the iphone crowd went berserk

Is there any word on how long it's guaranteed to be AT&T exclusive? Not that I really care.

I guess the iPhone crowd doesn't like it because they're sharing network capacity on this.

I use T-Mobile, I doubt they will get anything exclusive, I'll wait until they announce who/if the exclusive and weigh up the options then.

Is there any word on how long it's guaranteed to be AT&T exclusive? Not that I really care.

I guess the iPhone crowd doesn't like it because they're sharing network capacity on this.
Not sure, but 2 years is my guess.

it looks quite good, but due to recent events sony will never get my money again

Back