SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

I just read that typical of Sony to make people pay for something that's not their fault I know a guy whoose friend had to pay to ship a faulty ps3 to Sony for repair during the warranty !

Alot of companies do this, you pay to send it back, they repair or replace it and they pay to send it back to you, this is even what happens with OP I dont think there are many companies that will either pick up your item or provide you with free postage.

@ iprice I'm in the US of A so sadly that wOnt aply to me @ milkshake I would expect it from the Open Pandora people since there over seas from where I am but Sony on the other hand has a us location and I think a mega national corporation should be able to pay for something small - like shipping .

This article HERE, while referring to the PS3, explains your rights as a consumer under the UK Consumer Protection Laws.

It's a disgrace that almost all of the big chains just ignore the law. I even had Tesco do it to me until, and he is a good tip, I got out my phone and started filming the woman who was claiming it was 'out of warranty'.

Suddenly someone else came over and all was made good.

Also had 'car phone warehouse' tell me they were replacing a phone 'as a good will gesture' and that they 'didn't have to' after just 1 month!

Last edited by a moderator:
This article HERE, while referring to the PS3, explains your rights as a consumer under the UK Consumer Protection Laws.

It's a disgrace that almost all of the big chains just ignore the law. I even had Tesco do it to me until, and he is a good tip, I got out my phone and started filming the woman who was claiming it was 'out of warranty'.

Suddenly someone else came over and all was made good.

Also had 'car phone warehouse' tell me they were replacing a phone 'as a good will gesture' and that they 'didn't have to' after just 1 month!
and that's why I'm buying a Pandora not some cheap 150$ android tablet - you guys have morals

Hey guys and gals, So i'm not sure when it officially came out but the new firmware 1.80 is available and with it you can play PS1 games.

However when i look in my history of games i have purchased:

Megaman 2

FF 8

FF 9

Alundra

DarkForces

the only one that I can download and play is Megaman 2

I wouldn't put it past them but do you think Sony and Square are going to some how try to make me pay for FF8 and FF9 yet again or is it just unavailable for download at this time?

If anyone else could check this and see what happens for them i would be interested.

Danke

@Halcyon

From my understanding, most games work on the Vita, but you can't download them directly from the store. You need to use your PS3 and redownload them and then tranfer them over to the Vita from the PS3 using that lame content manager.

YES, this is complete and utter retardation :p I was just in another thread given advice for the Nintendo 3DS transfer system(to the XL), which is complete and utter garbage that we have to do something so out of touch in this day and age, and then I come here and see that Sony isn't doing much better by limiting the amount of games that you can directly play from PSN.

What is the point of having a stand alone wi-fi enabled device, to still have to have a PS3 to aquire certain games that you already own? This was the main flaw of the PSP, as for the first several years, Sony wouldn't allow downloads directly to the PSP from PSN and you had to use you PS3 as a "middle man", and then they wonder why piracy was so high, because they made it so damn hard to play games on the PSP.

Now I see they have had almost an entire year to get PS1 games up and ready, and you still have this kind of crap. Sony/Nintendo you BOTH FAIL! :( I hate to say it, but Apple wins in this area hands down, and they suck on somany levels I can't even say ;) , but I would much rather deal with them than Sony or Nintendo right now. Get with the times guys, this isn't 1990 anymore.

Chris

Gotta remember, this is the same company that has later edition PSPs unable to player earlier edition PSP games (UMD to no-UMD, and no transfer option.) These guys are not forward thinking at all .. no encouraging loyaly. 'buy our stuff, and we may screw with you', is about the best you can hope for ;)

jeff

Gotta remember, this is the same company that has later edition PSPs unable to player earlier edition PSP games (UMD to no-UMD, and no transfer option.) These guys are not forward thinking at all .. no encouraging loyaly. 'buy our stuff, and we may screw with you', is about the best you can hope for ;)

jeff
Yeah, that's the main reason why I never puchased a PSPgo, but I may get one at some point for emulation and such. I did like the form factor of the unit, but there was no way I was going to rebuy games I already owned.

Chris

Jumpman, would it be possible to write a little step by step guide of what I need to do to get these games on my PSVITA

So I have FF8 and FF9 installed on my PS3 and when i connect my PSVita with the cable to the PS3, I can't figure out how to move games to the Vita, I can move photos, songs, and videos around but not games.

Thanks for the help!

I've never personally done the transfer, as I still have my PSP, but this seems to be a good tutorial.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=488789

Let me know how it works out. There are still some games that don't work, but with the PS3 tranfer method, you should be able to play more than what is availible on PSN.

Chris

jumpman that worked perfectly sometimes I wonder why my google searches don't yeild good results but at any rate danke !!
Don't feel bad, I frequent a bunch of gaming sites, so most of the good stuff I find is thru them. If I had to just use Google, I would never find half of what I do :p . Although I do find some great stuff thru Google, on a regular basis.

@Wally

Yeah, I really thought the Vita would be differant from the PSP, but the last 6 months have sadly proved me wrong in every possible way. Sony has built on of the best pieces of gaming hardware EVER, and yet they don't seem to want to do anything else to ensure it's success.

They keep stating that they are happy with sales so far, but if you look at what Nintendo has been able to do with the 3DS over the last year, they should NEVER be happy with what the Vita has done so far. Very sad to see really, but I can't blame anyone who has decided to pass on the Vita, as Sony just doesn't seem to care that much.

Chris

@ Jumpman

People could root their ( I AM NOT ENDORSING ROOTING ! ) device and run slightly better and smoother Emulators to regain their investment in Sony's device

Ok so sorry to be a totally annoying member but, now that I got my copy of FF8 and FF9 up and running i can't get it to use the joysticks or change the frame size. I recall with the PSP i could change disks and turn on graphical smothing ect but I don't seem to have a single one of those options with the Vita?

Does anyone know how to do this? I feel like i have pressed every logical combination of buttons but no dice.

Back