Some quick Nubdate ;) (2010 - 11 - 25)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Michael gave the GO for the mass production on the new nubs on Sunday, and 2000 have already been produced.

We are waiting for an update on when they'll ship to Texas, but it should probably be early next week.

I mentioned that we have some community member (a late first-batcher) who can go and visit the board production company.

We wanted him to visit before the short thanksgiving-holidays, however, the CEO of the company wasn't in office for the whole week so they didn't let him in, but we'll try to get him there next week (for a report and pictures).

Let's hope they've been producing boards. They claim they have - but I only trust the community and what I can see on pictures. However, as soon as the nubs arrive, there's no excuse for them anymore.

I'll keep you up-to-date with any news I get.

Ed if that does not work out, I am in Houston about 4 hours away from Dallas and I could see about a road trip to check the place out.

SWEET! AWESOME!

+ 1,000,000,000

Edit: And I'm with Mr. Jones. I live just north of Houston also.

Side note: Imagine if all of the Texas pre-orders showed up at their doorstep "just to stop in and see how it was going." ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note: Imagine if all of the Texas pre-orders showed up at their doorstep "just to stop in and see how it was going." ;)
Hey, next time I fly out of Dallas Fort Wroth airport I'll schedule some layover time there and go check out the factory. Maybe if enough of these 'Pandora' people that they're making the boards for show up they'll be sure to get them made on time.

Great news about the nubs though, naysayers watch out, the first batchers just might get their Pandora before Christmas.

Ed if that does not work out, I am in Houston about 4 hours away from Dallas and I could see about a road trip to check the place out.

Sure appreciate that - but not the community member has been the problem but the company ;)

If they don't let you in, it's an 8 hours drive without and results...

This is the news I alway love to hear; four days ago there were only 200 nubs for testing purposes, and today there are 2000!

So judging by my math they have produced approximatively 17,000,000,000 500 nubs per day!

Of course it is definitely more than this because there was a time between the nubs being tested and them producing them, so who knows, they may have produced all of these nubs in 2 hours, heck even 5 minutes for all i know.

But there is one thing I know; I am rather stupid and this post is useless.

The Great Nub Race, how's that for a Pandora game?
I am up for doing that, who is with me?

I think it could be a side-scrolling running game (for the lack of a better name) like Canabalt, where you race from Texas, over the sea to Great Britain, collecting nubs on the way.

I think it could be a side-scrolling running game (for the lack of a better name) like Canabalt, where you race from Texas, over the sea to Great Britain, collecting nubs on the way.
And on the last level you have to dodge falling powerlines.

Let me riff on some of the ideas mention for the nub game.

First, I'd like to see it as a top-view game like Spy Hunter(C64/Amiga) / 1942(NES) / Gunsmoke(NES)...

1st Stage:

You steer a van trying to avoid catching fire.

2nd Stage:

You fly an airplane and try to avoid volcano ash

3rd Stage:

You brake into an Evil anonymous board production company in Texas where the end boss is some goatie+cowboyhat wearing man in a room with american flag wall papers.

All stages should include picking up nubs along the way, which is used in a score/point system that affects delivery time, damage done on the way affects delivery time negatively. The goal of the game is to get as short delivery time as possible. From a philosophical stand point I'd argue that one should NOT be able to die in the game, since, well, lets face it, the Pandora Project will never die no matter what obstacles are thrown at OPT, the game should reflect this reality.

The power line thing I'm not aware of, but I'm sure it and other ideas can be incorporated into the game.

Edit:

My skills as a programmer is limited to Basic and GML, so I guess I'm not gonna contribute much in that area.

But I can contribute with graphics(sprites + backgrounds) and music for the game, as for music I can do mods/xm/midi, or more high quality (wave, mp3, ogg, etc) with software synths, and record guitars... But I feel a masterpiece like this should have chip-mods! :D

Hi,

I guess your current concern is to finish and ship the next 2k units, but, if things finally go smoothly, aren't you afraid to be blocked by the remaining cases?

Do you have any news about them, are they still in China? Are you simply waiting for the next 2k units to be produced to free place, or an opportunity to send them cheaper?

thks!

"Nubs on the run" a potential title?

Back