Some personal stuff - and prototypes building!

Just incase someones wonder about (Gaming is believing) .It is our Moto all this years.i am the skinhead at the frond
Looks like a pro E-Sports Team! :cool:

By the way, I was the guy who once did the initial 3D design of these weid Pyra diagonal double shoulder buttons. Another user in the forums had the actual idea and sketched it in 2D so I tried this in 3D. I modified the Pandora shoulder buttons until 2 instead of one fit at every side. I never thought that ED really would use this (weird) design as a template for the actual Pyra shoulder buttons. ^^"" It was just a try and a quick 3D sketch and I'm not a professional designer. I'm still sure that 2 single shoulder buttons would have been much easier designed than 2 cramped double shoulder buttons. However, the community wanted double triggers so here we go. :oops:

Last edited:
An E-Sport Liga for Pyra would be cool,
@fusionpower : you’re Shoulderbuttons Design looks cool, it’s not the usual 2 Buttons underneath whe know from PlayStation, XBOX or Switch or side by side system whe know from the New 3/2 DS XL , I can’t wait to try it out ..
on my Pandora, I got long time used to only one shoulderbutton until I fixed the Foam Pad, (was quite easy) then I found some more PS1 Games that needs 4 Shoulderbuttons like Ace Combat, so Pyra will be perfect for PS Emulator

Looks like a pro E-Sports Team! :cool:

By the way, I was the guy who once did the initial 3D design of these weid Pyra diagonal double shoulder buttons. Another user in the forums had the actual idea and sketched it in 2D so I tried this in 3D. I modified the Pandora shoulder buttons until 2 instead of one fit at every side. I never thought that ED really would use this (weird) design as a template for the actual Pyra shoulder buttons. ^^"" It was just a try and a quick 3D sketch and I'm not a professional designer. I'm still sure that 2 single shoulder buttons would have been much easier designed than 2 cramped double shoulder buttons. However, the community wanted double triggers so here we go. :oops:

The design itself is fine, but the implementation isn't done properly... I had hoped that FA will take care of that, but it seems they simply used your design 1:1.

I always liked these two overlapping shoulderbuttons, they look great!
Thanks that you like the design. They look good but I seriously have no clue if this even works well in real life. ^^" (I mean the feeling during gaming, not the mechanical issues)

The design itself is fine, but the implementation isn't done properly... I had hoped that FA will take care of that, but it seems they simply used your design 1:1.
Yeah, I didn't cared much about the inward structure of the buttons, the Case Company needed to find a propper solution to fit in the different Pyra design. I only fleshed out the outer parts of the buttons. I wish I could have tested this design somehow in a physical form. Grey is all theory. :(
The design idea was that the space saving, overlapping buttons can be differed not only by their placing, but also by the different surface. The lower button was shaped more "inwards" afaik, the upper button more outwards. The company translated this part well in the real one, but if this design really makes it easier to prevent pressing both buttons at once, no clue. ^^"" You need to tell us.

Thanks that you like the design. They look good but I seriously have no clue if this even works well in real life. ^^" (I mean the feeling during gaming, not the mechanical issues)

Yeah, I didn't cared much about the inward structure of the buttons, the Case Company needed to find a propper solution to fit in the different Pyra design. I only fleshed out the outer parts of the buttons. I wish I could have tested this design somehow in a physical form. Grey is all theory. :(
The design idea was that the space saving, overlapping buttons can be differed not only by their placing, but also by the different surface. The lower button was shaped more "inwards" afaik, the upper button more outwards. The company translated this part well in the real one, but if this design really makes it easier to prevent pressing both buttons at once, no clue. ^^"" You need to tell us.
Have a nice week everybody. You did a great job with buttons,FA just had to take your idea and upgrade it for the buttons to work properly since they had mechanic experiance and how the mold will work.So i will create a new mold just for buttons (Free of charge ) .I tryed many ideas and deferend designs to make it work (aint easy to finish something that someone else started with the current space i have to work on ).Since the design is around the logic the first buttons are created what i have done is giving extra power to the button to move ouside with the plastic spring and fixing the outside of the button for better touch .Also with this idea having Button and spring together as one will help a lot with production not lossing time assample Pyra. PS: (this information i just sended to ED as i do here right now.Also dint finished yet since i wanna test it first about the touch,movement and matterial quality for the spring never to brake )

Attachments

• pyra.jpg
    pyra.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 462
  • pyra2.jpg
    pyra2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 432
Thank you very much my friends. If there are people here who knows how to design i am open for ideas that has to do for the outside look of the button since dint create the mold yet.If the mold is created will be hard to change it so i wanna do good job from the start and now is the time.This days we need complete that and start creating the mold as soon as ED likes it too :) .

Thank you very much my friends. If there are people here who knows how to design i am open for ideas that has to do for the outside look of the button since dint create the mold yet.If the mold is created will be hard to change it so i wanna do good job from the start and now is the time.This days we need complete that and start creating the mold as soon as ED likes it too :) .
Methinks the looks are somewhat less important than how it feels to use them, and I think you're in the best position to test that. My first thought is that it looks like it sticks out a lot further than the other button (in its current incarnation) and I'm wondering how it feels to switch from one to the other or press both at the same time if need be. If you're planning to redesign the other button as well though perhaps it's too soon to say.

- Neelix

It may not look pretty, but a bit of Sugru molded over the shoulder button could be used as a simple mod for anyone wanting something shaped like a trigger or moulded specifically for their fingers.

I definitely vote for function over aesthetics.

Have a nice week everybody. You did a great job with buttons,FA just had to take your idea and upgrade it for the buttons to work properly since they had mechanic experiance and how the mold will work.So i will create a new mold just for buttons (Free of charge ) .I tryed many ideas and deferend designs to make it work (aint easy to finish something that someone else started with the current space i have to work on ).Since the design is around the logic the first buttons are created what i have done is giving extra power to the button to move ouside with the plastic spring and fixing the outside of the button for better touch .Also with this idea having Button and spring together as one will help a lot with production not lossing time assample Pyra. PS: (this information i just sended to ED as i do here right now.Also dint finished yet since i wanna test it first about the touch,movement and matterial quality for the spring never to brake )

I think it looks great, thank you for your effort!
Is the shape the same as the old button? Or does the case need a redesign too?

It may not look pretty, but a bit of Sugru molded over the shoulder button could be used as a simple mod for anyone wanting something shaped like a trigger or moulded specifically for their fingers.

I definitely vote for function over aesthetics.

I am looking forward for both ,Fuctional and aesthetics. Thats why i mansion "fixing the outside of the button for better touch " .Well i am doin what is best and the deferend perseption from other people helps alot bringing ideas to life. I am moving forward with it ,just had to mansion that if there is someone who designs inside here and have deferend perseption for the Outside look can talk freely cause the clock ticking and almost done with the changes of the buttons.Ideas will help improve what we are doin allready but if the mold been created will be hard to change it after .Priority is the Buttons to work properly,smooth movement and good touch of the fingers ,Aesthetic is the last part of it.

Interesting design. Could you change the perspective of the render so we can see the surface of the shoulder buttons a bit better?
From the pictures It looks a bit like a joystick fire button rather than a typical controller trigger (which would perfectly fine, especially as I grew up with c64 and quickshot/quickjoy joysticks)

Interesting design. Could you change the perspective of the render so we can see the surface of the shoulder buttons a bit better?
From the pictures It looks a bit like a joystick fire button rather than a typical controller trigger (which would perfectly fine, especially as I grew up with c64 and quickshot/quickjoy joysticks)

there you go my friend :)

Attachments

• pyra3.jpg
    pyra3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 361
  • pyra4.jpg
    pyra4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 384
  • pyra5.jpg
    pyra5.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 341
My first thought is that it looks like it sticks out a lot further than the other button (in its current incarnation) and I'm wondering how it feels to switch from one to the other or press both at the same time if need be. If you're planning to redesign the other button as well though perhaps it's too soon to say.

huge kudos for this awesome redesign azouls, verry good job! :cool:

i think neelix has a point here for making sure that the height-difference between the two shoulder-buttons is not too big.
if it is, it may be problematic to alternate between the two buttons fastly. a more flush side by side could avoid this potential issue.
but maybe it's just looking to stick out more in the large screencap. as you are actively working on it and have huge knowledge how it should feel, it will be cool, i'm sure, but it's always better to mention a potential issue *before* production. :D

ps. i also love my red c64 quickshot I joystick button a lot! <3

:p&|a:<3

The only god among men here is ED.I respected ED from the time we met and when he show me what he was been through the last years and what he achived with the support of you people motivated me more.Been truly and noble is something that i admire to all human beings cause it is hard to find this days.It seems this community has it all and i wanna be part of it :) .Sorry for my english .It is hard to be Greek ,Some times i am getting Brain lag ;P

Back