Yay some news!

I heard that even the Keyboard of the Macbook Pro isnt that perfekt, (and the New Macbooks ditnt even have a enlightet Lid Symbol unlike the Pyra) ..
Some of them fell out, so as long the Pyra Keyboard is better than the Macbook Keyboard, everything is fine..
And some of the Keys of my Pandora also fell out from time to time, but after a reebot they work..

Nice one. The PinePhone will be upgradable via pogo pins. You can "reimagine" a new case and use those pins for extension, so I can do a new case/extension with keyboard and gaming controls.

Nice one. The PinePhone will be upgradable via pogo pins. You can "reimagine" a new case and use those pins for extension, so I can do a new case/extension with keyboard and gaming controls.
If you were saying - between the lines - that it'd be nice to have that in the Pyra, I'd second that, but is there anything placed on the board already, which could act as an I2C server/peer (which is the right term?). And even if, new traces and the pin array needed to be placed. I guess it be an major effort at this stage. 'd be cool, though.

which could act as an I2C server/peer
I have memory of there intending to be a GPIO in the lid. Assuming I'm remembering that right, combined with one of the RGB PWM as a clock source, you've got the makings of an I2C port, if there's interest in a hardware hack.
I can't find anything that actually states there's a GPIO, however, so I may be confusing myself with the two RGB LEDs which are almost certainly output only.

I guess they must have a GPIO if they're saying they can make I2C out of it, or possibly something even less generic. It seems odd to me if they've got a PWM designed for an LED which they could repurpose as a SCL and a GPIO they could use as a SDA, they don't just say they've got a GPIO and a clock you could derive if you dispose of an RGB LED. I2C is a common protocol, but if you're designing from scratch, I don't see what that gives you over the alternative.

They are also using GPIO for the second SD card slot, so it's definitely there.
I think, I read somewhere that the GPIO pins are exposed on the board.

If you were saying - between the lines - that it'd be nice to have that in the Pyra, I'd second that, but is there anything placed on the board already, which could act as an I2C server/peer (which is the right term?). And even if, new traces and the pin array needed to be placed. I guess it be an major effort at this stage. 'd be cool, though.

Au contraire, I mean that with that phone there is no need of Pyra.

Is necessary to say "it is my point of view" everytime someone post an CLEARLY SUBJETIVE opinion here in this forums?

Is necessary to say "it is my point of view" everytime someone post an CLEARLY SUBJETIVE opinion here in this forums?
It isn't subjective though. You stated there was no need for the Pyra and gave your reasoning. Your reasoning is heavily flawed. Even if you had prefaced it with "in my opinion", the reasoning upon which you built that opinion is broken. Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong, nor does it mean it can't be questioned.

I don't like both screens always exposed outside while storing. This makes it very scratch prone. They should have made 360 degree rotating hinge ( probably difficult with small form factor) so that both screens can be protected during storage.

This gives me another idea, two smartphones connected wirelessly so that their display's work together. They can be placed in specially designed case without needing hinge, and if needed they can be used as two different phones.

Last edited:
Back