Some personal stuff - and prototypes building!

Discussion in 'Pyra News' started by EvilDragon, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Letalis Sonus

Letalis Sonus Advanced Member

Actually, it is also covered by artistic license - as long as you don't try to glorify the whole topic or deny the holocaust.

Bethesda recently re-submitted the uncensored version of their latest Wolfenstein game to the USK, which actually allowed it to be published in Germany - this was a pretty big thing because it meant that they finally considered a game to be a work of art.

Djoga'Ro and Silent-Hunter like this.
  2. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

So whe can meantion the Pyra Heatsink as ART ??
    In Germany, the Bad Guys in Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a Cult called "the Wolfes", they have German Nazi Soldier Cloths, but there arend Nazis..
    Because it was a bad thing in Germany to show Nazis in Games, even if you fight against them.., ^^
    In the newest Game, they called Regime, but they censored Hitlers Beard.. ^^

On Topic:
    Nice to see they aktually working on the Cases

rSl likes this.
  3. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

Cool update! It's almost like they're, dare I say it, actually enthusiastic about getting these cases tweaked and produced. After all this time, that feels really refreshing :D

rSl and CommanderB like this.
  4. jutleys

jutleys Member

When do we get to see all the juicy bits Edd?

5. CommanderB

CommanderB Member

Maybe they have also pre-ordered the Pyra? :D

rSl likes this.
  6. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Nice. Thank you. That kind of thing was exactly what I was looking for.

CommanderB likes this.
  7. matzesu

matzesu Hardcore Member

NOTE for the next Projekt: Promise every worker who helps to make the Produkt ready in the shedulled time a Pyra..

8. jutleys

jutleys Member

I hope the specs are good enough for a 2019 device i was really hoping for 8gb ram for the price.

9. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

The Pyra can't really be considered as a 2019 device, other than that (hopefully) being the year of release. As the Pandora was it's kind of a timeless device, because there's nothing else out there quite like it still.

I never knew Perl had licensed the s*a**i*a! ;)

rSl and ClockworkCoder like this.
  10. Binky

Binky Death's Steed Staff Member

Personally, I think it very unlikely that I'd have a use for that much RAM.
    As I type this on my laptop (Debian, with a full desktop environment, several big GUI applications open) I'm only using 2.8GB. I do use much more than that for heavy graphics-processing tasks - but I wouldn't do those on a palmtop anyway. For comparison, my Pandora is only using 200MB at the moment.

The paranoid sceptic in me would argue that the idea of minimum specifications that rise every year is a fearmongering tactic by corporate marketing departments...

Swordfish II and levi like this.
  11. senorgomez

senorgomez Member

Also personally, I want to extend my empathy to evildragon. I imagine it is difficult to deal with a close co-worker's death, besides the personal weight, but also the existential one of working too hard for so long. I really hope you take a breath and persevere. We all believe in you and your mission. I am patient and excited for PYRA, a truly community made and conflict mineral free product. Truly, someone putting in the pure effort into this endeavor is admirable. Can't wait for it to arrive and I appreciate your continuing demand for high standards of quality of all PYRA components.

12. jacob martinelli

jacob martinelli Newbie

can't wait to get mine! I am considering to ask the Eric Andre show to use a samurai sword as a baseball bat and my phone as a baseball after the pyra arrives

MaxLanar likes this.
  13. rSl

rSl **** COMMODORE 64 PYRA V2 **** 4GB RAM SYSTEM

wow!
    it's soo good to see these cases coming actually to life after all this looong time waiting!
    2month, 2month, 2month!!!
    :cool::p&|a:<3

levi, Eight Bit and ClockworkCoder like this.
  14. mclien

mclien Very Active Member

As all off us I really looking forward to my Pyra and can't wait to get my hands on it.
    BUT seriously @EvilDragon if you need some timeout, take a nice 2-4 weeks holiday with your wife (which gives us all so much by having less time with ED) and enjoy that without any regret.
    From my perspective: Timewise for us it won't matter much, but for the two of you it might give a lot.
    So my 2 cents: Having the Pyra 4 weeks earlier compared to ED has a nice timeout with his significant other: Totally no brainer.

AND words can't say how much I adore the work of ED.

Djoga'Ro, CommanderB, FBnil and 6 others like this.
  15. levi

I'm not familiar with the show of that name, but I hope they've got a good enough slow-motion camera for when they do that. Also, I'd advise you not to do that initially; the Pyra will not be a phone until someone ports or installs a phone application on it. So for the time being, the Pyra is not a fone (PINAF) (and even when it is you might still find your old phone to be more portable, or prefer the built in phone software to the shonky thing ported to the Pyra, at least as first).

rygD likes this.
  16. rygD

rygD Nihilistic Mystic

When we get it I hope there Pyra fone stuff is called pif (Pyra is fone) or something fun. I guess the people that make it will call it whatever they want, and unless we get something ported it could be something new and creative.

Is "pif" in use? Puf (Pyra user fone) also sounds fun.

levi likes this.
  17. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

I'm not sure anything will need to be ported, it sounds like Ubuntu Phone's dialer and sms apps might just work.

Swordfish II and rygD like this.
  18. levi

That's why I put that 'or installs' caveat in. You could argue until the cows come home whether building basically the same source for arm debian as runs more commonly on ubuntu x86-64 counts as porting it or just building it, mind you.
    All I can remember is PIV, the Pandora Image Viewer.

rygD likes this.
  19. Binky

Binky Death's Steed Staff Member

"Good evening. My name's Piff, the magic dragon. You may have heard of my older brother, Steve"

Djoga'Ro, levi and ClockworkCoder like this.
  20. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

Apologies, I missed that you said 'or installs'.

levi likes this.