Slackware inside Pandora.

Probably, yeah. So a modified version of the driver installer PND may be helpful, but with the hardfp drivers instead.

Looks like the compilation is not trivial, there's tons of options.
I'll see what I can do before asking notaz ^^.

Unfortunately it's not the driver, only some libraries.
BTW it's included in SL4P 14.1 and 14.2, so it also have hard float compatibility ^^.

I've just modified his sgx .pnd with what I found in the Ti binary, I'll try it soon.

So now I am testing ver 14.2. First I installed SMPlayer which is working well. And then came KDE ( I am testing some progs under XFCE). Seems there is no Kaffeine with kde. Right now QT5 is installing. Can you put this into the next beta because it needs a loooot of time ?
One problem I found with Gslapt : as normal user I get the error "gksu /usr/sbin/gslapt no such file or directory"
When starting as root in terminal I get the same error but it starts saying "perhaps you want to update ?"

Qt5 is already pre-installed in the rootfs, why do you want to install it again ?

Yes gksu isn't yet here.

Good news about QT5. I thought it wasnt there because sbopkg says "new" and in GSlapt it isnt showing. Anyways, after 15h of running QT5 install I tried wifi connection and got an error for the internal wifi "failed to execute firmware". Then I tried my wifi stick which is no more working. The second is working. After some trying with internal wifi the system crashed (no more nub working) and I restarted the system. So now I have to do wifi with stick (better than nothing). Are you getting the same problem?
BeeSoftCommander is no more working (pnd) which I need to copy files from SD Card reader because Thunar and other programs give error by reading not by writing (maybe the reader ?).
Maybe it is that BSC reads not that fast. How do I check the QT version?

You can
ls /var/log/packages/
To see which packages + version are installed.

I fixed the Wi-Fi problem in the latest rootfs, which one do you use ?

You have to check what logs are in /tmp/ to see why .pnds fail.

My version is beta1 from 14 Sep. downloaded on Saturday and QT version says 4.8.7
I tried different pnds but none worked.

KPlayer is working but I tried some KDE games and they gave a Warning
deleting stale lock file /home/jooachim/.kde/share/config/kdebugrc.lock and then they hang (starting from terminal).

The pnd.out mostly says "/mnt/utmp/beepmp/bin/beep-media-player : no such file or directory" (here for Beep Player) and ending with
return code 3

for BeesoftCommander : ./run_sh line 7 ./bsc no such file or directory and also return code 3

all pnds telling "no such file or directory"

And if my QT is 4.8.7 is there another (new) rootfs ? Last wednesday you told that there is the first beta and I used the link.

I see, your link from Wednesday is a different one (1,7 instead of 2GB and no beta2) , maybe you
correct it, so others have not the same problems.

What can I test to help you ?

First download the new version and installing. Then I`ll see.

14.2 is soft float, so .pnd compatible.
-current is hard float, so not .pnd compatible.

I just checked and found it is my fault, sorry. Which version is current ?
14.2 beta2 is downloading. Then I will test it.

What can I test to help a bit?

So now 14.2 beta 2 is installed and looks nice. AbiWord shows nice (not in 14.1).
What I found

- when loading the battery indicator shows a negative value
- the menu button in the upper left of the window (circle) is not working
- in the timezone settings menu you cant cancel and exit because it starts again

- SMPlayer2 from pnd also working

testing goes on

Somehow I have deleted the network icon in the panel. How can I get it again without reboot ?

Last edited:
The battery indicator is ok, it shows the remaining time and have the same behavior than Zaxxon.
The menu button is not a menu button, it's the sticky button that made the window viewable on all virtual desktops.
Have no problem with timeconfig. How do you launch it ? No X ?
Maybe nm-applet to restart the network icon ?

I use the settings menu in XFCE for timeconfig.
nm-applet is working, thanks.

Tried to install Kaffeine from sbopkg and got errors.

Quick info :
With a little help from notaz and ptitSeb, I was able to enable the powervr (the 3D) in the armhf port.
F1-spirit worked pretty well, but I can't do benchmarks for now.
I should publish a new rootfs soon.

@joachim
The timezone is as is. You have to select a time zone when you launch the action.
[doublepost=1474561020,1474554262][/doublepost]Done, new -current armhf rootfs here, including working 3D drivers :
http://slackware.openpandora.org/pandora/index.php?dir=sl4p/sl4p-current/rootfs

Thanks for the info. I have a software which needs hf so I will test the new -current version.

Back