Slackware for Pandora 14.0

Tried the compositor again and had to hard reset a second time (back again).

Had also the same bug with Mouse theme.

Here's some more detailed description:

I've chosen the oxygen them.

After the hard reset I had the default curser back.

The theme was still oxygen but the curser was default.

The other icons (loading, pointer) were the one from the oxygen theme. Only the mouse was from default theme.

(used oxyden black)

Firefox desn't have flash plugin.

FireFox PND won't start.

Great, Xournal.

Need this one for University and the PND won't start.

Will try OpenVPN tomorrow as I have to sleep now.

Didn't sleep much the last two days because of DisplayLink installation.

(I doubt I will get a good config file. Maybe they updated it. You know what mess I got last time)

EDIT: Before I go to bed I want zou to know this:

After a normal reboot the curser is as it should be.

I didn't reboot with DisplayLink enabled at starup so maybe this is the issue here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i've also noticed that other Xfce themes induce bugs.

FF .pnds from hdonk usually work.

Well it's a full Linux distribution, so you can do anything you do on a "big" computer.

Wine can't run on arm (for now).

Yes, the qemu pnd works.

hmm what about this?

Running x86 MS Windows applications in Linux on ARM architecture.mp4

also the wiki says "Since October 2010, Wine also works on the ARM platform when used as Winelib"

can this winelib be applied to the pandora as well?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bVYlrv0kbdA?feature=oembed

Yes it can. I have it on my Pandora. But right now it's quite difficult to use. Winelib can help you part more easily Windows software to ARM architecture, but providing a Windows like compile environnement to GCC. I tried it on an emulator, and it works.

But...

Some functions are slow (for example, the BitBlt function).

Once your software is compiled, it's basicaly a wine apps, so you need to have the Wine runtime with it...

I am still working on it, and it will be include in the next build of the Code::Block PND. Before it, I will release the emulator(s) ported from windows to be sure compiled apps works and can be PNDize...

For the QEmu Usermode that rune Winex86, thats another topic. I am also experimenting, but some wine componant Segfault, so no luck for now. I have read in the WineHQ forums that wine-preload should be removed, so I will try later (but I have too many experiment still running, and not enough time for all this, sadly).

wow that;s great news.so it could run for example w95 games?just the basic ones not the direct3d ones (although it would be cool to do that)

Checked the Xfce compositor/themes and mouse themes, it's working fine here.

I will try it out without DisplayLink connected then.

EDIT:

I need some scientific statistic program for university (we're using SPSS ).

Which one could you offer.

EDIT 2:

Tested the Comositor without DisplayLink and it works fine.

Fought one day to get clean dependencies for ffmpeg and MPlayer2.

Up and running, TV-out is back with dual screen thanks to omapfb, and many thanks to pder for his work + advices.

I just booted Slackware for the first time. I'm proud that I managed to set it up using nothing but my Pandora :D

Have some extremely n00bish questions though:

1) I installed RC4 ... is there another way ro upgrade to RC5 or is it a complete re-install?

2) How can I find out if the swap-partition is used? I just formated my SD card with the Gparted.pnd and made 2 partitons, one 14something GB and at the end 512 MB, both primary, ext2. Is that correct?

3) Can't change the CPU Settings, only Quick-Setup works, the other buttons do nothing ... is that "normal"? ok, I should change to RC5 before checking any bugs ...

Setup was pretty easy though, maybe I'll write a small guide for beginners like me. The Wiki text made it look more difficult somehow. Worst part is unpacking the tar, it takes more than an hour! But everything is very straight forward.

1- It's a complete reinstall. I'll do classic upgrades after the final release.

I will also produce upgraded final releases from time to time.

2- type:

free

You can also launch gkrellm from the accessories menu.

3- It was a bug from zenity, the soft that creates the menu. It's now corrected in RC5. With RC4 you have to double click on the choice.

Thanks for your answer.Looks like I only have 64MB as swap. So something must be wrong, any idea what? Is there something I have to set up, or some special setting for formating?

64M as swap. Mmm sounds like it's not a real swap, more zram memory swap.

As root:

Code:
cfdisk /dev/mmcblk0

Copy/paste the screen here plz.

-Edit:

Ah from you first post, it seems that you formatted the swap partition as ext2, not swap.

Anyway, check cfdisk output.

Code:
Disk Drive: /dev/mmcblk0

Size: 16007561216 bytes, 16.0 GB

Heads: 255 Sectors per Track: 63 Cylinders: 1946

Name	 Flags	 Part Type FS Type		 [Label]	 Size (MB)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pri/Log Free Space						 1.05*

mmcblk0p1			 Primary ext2			 [slack]		 15469.65*

mmcblk0p2			 Primary ext2			 [swap]		 536.88*

Ok, so (as root):

Code:
umount /dev/mmcblk0p2

mkswap /dev/mmcblk0p2

swapon /dev/mmcblk0p2

free

Should be persistent after a reboot.

The umount gave me the error that it was not mounted in the first place, the rest worked fine. I just rebooted and the change is indeed persistent. Thanks for the quick help! :)

So I need to format it as "swap" right from the start ... must have missed that option in Gparted. I guess I'll update to RC5 and try to get it right from the start. Then I'll write it up as an easy step-by-step guide, I hope it will encourage more people to try it (it really is very easy). Probably not before next week though, this weekend is already booked ^_^

I can't find "R".

I start Gslapt with the settings icon on the Pannel.

There's no package named R.

What do I have to do to find it.

@F_Slim: glad you could make it.

No need to reformat the card when updating the version.

Follow the cleaning procedure from here http://pandorawiki.o...re#Installation

I made a .pnd to facilitate the installation.

I have to rework it a bit after final release.

@Askarus: here's the procedure:

Screenshot - 12062012 - 10:45:36 PM.png

Screenshot - 12062012 - 10:47:03 PM.png

Screenshot - 12062012 - 10:47:39 PM.png

Screenshot - 12062012 - 10:48:05 PM.png

Back