Right, let's start recovering this?

You know most schemes are commonly scams because somebody is getting rich off somebody else.

The pandora scheme would be where people are actually receiving a product and nobody is making money... A failing scam artist? or as most people call it. business fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
ED has performed several miracles in making the Pandora a success (Graig too).

Combined with this selfless act, I think he is eligible for the decleration of Sainthood! :lol:

"He's not the messiah - he's a VERY naughty boy!"

ED helping Craig out is good for the community as a whole and good for future projects. Once all preorders have cleared everyone will be happy and we can look forward!

Nothing but well earned respect and trust :)

"He's not the messiah - he's a VERY naughty boy!"

- "I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly!"

- "Only the true Messiah denies His divinity."

- "What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!"

- "He is! He is the Messiah!"

:lol:

I haven't been on the forum for a bit I got bored with wading through endless griping, but anyway I noticed a post in either this thread or the "The Current Situation" thread, where someone mentioned (it may have been ED) that classic preorderers with Craig's shop could transfer over to Ed's shop and upgrade to the newer 1GHz unit, is there any more news on this, and if it's possible how do I do it?.

Question for Craig;

When you have cleared all the pre-orders and debts will you be putting Open Pandora Ltd on ice, or hoping that it can tick along more reliably in future? The former would seem to be quite logical and sensible. It would let you concentrate on ICP2 sales and designing the Pandora 2 whilst ED concentrates on Pandora 1 sales. Presumably the company could then be taken off ice in time for a Pandora 2 launch.

I feel I have been patient and although I understand the current situation what irks me the most is how hard is it to ask for 5 minutes of someones time once in a while to at the very least show that it seems like as a businessman you care? I mean a email distribution list is pretty easy these days and a once a week update would take hardly any time at all. I find it utterly depressing that I can go to Pandora Stalker and see all kinds of updates about a kickstarter but until recently not much news on something that I have forked over a considerable chunk of change and am still waiting for!

I still have not heard how you plan on making a "special" run of 1 Ghz units "special" again? I upgraded on the promise not only helping the community but I would get something cool in return. Now that people can effectively jump ahead of me and possibly pay "less"? How am I suppose to feel about that? I understand the situation but I would think that more can be done to keep your long time supporters interested and not just keep letting new people keep jumping ahead. I think that is where a lot of frustration comes in and it is easily solved with some communication and making things "right". This has moved beyond a community project and it is a business and we are paying customers purchasing services based on advertised products. A product was advertised promising a special run of units before it went on general sale and then more things were added to help sweeten the pot (wood box, signed etc.). I bit and sent more cash, now I am back to waiting again and people can jump my position (again!) and possibly pay less?? I was going to wait and see how long it took to get my original 4 year old order but I wanted one sooner and I wanted to help further the project. Now that feeling of euphoria is gone and it is replace with a empty feeling that I really just financed some people to cancel and my money went to that instead. I want the feeling of euphoria back and to feel excited for this project again. ED seems to get this and takes the time and does what he can to make it right. With Craig I just feel like a number. I really wish he could see that people want to give him money and make the project successful, and feel good doing so, simple communication and not threatening people that are frustrated and venting would go a long way to keeping the good will and help make all future projects successful if you have a good relationship with your customers!

I shall wait but my excitement for all things Pandora has definitely waned.

Still the pandora is too expensive. The proportion of 1 Ghz Pandora for 1 preorder is just out of proportion. Sorry. Back to waiting. Sorry again.

........".A product was advertised promising a special run of units before it went on general sale and then more things were added to help sweeten the pot (wood box, signed etc.). I bit and sent more cash......

I don't give 2 shits about a fscking wooden box and signatures I just want my 1 GHz shipped already!

.......now I am back to waiting again and people can jump my position (again!) and possibly pay less??....

Seriously if this happens I'll be considering asking for a refund..

Craig will get taxes in a few weeks so the production speed will increase after that. So there is just a delay no danger.

To speed things up they are selling CC units they repaired. Craig offers limited cheaper upgrades to get the speed up again.

I don't see a real problem. Just an annoying slowdown which will be fixed in a few weeks or even sooner when the CC unit selling is working well and the cheaper updates or buyed.

I don't think so because Craig has another refund queue to clean.

Sent from my Notion Ink ADAM using Tapatalk 2

........".A product was advertised promising a special run of units before it went on general sale and then more things were added to help sweeten the pot (wood box, signed etc.). I bit and sent more cash......

I don't give 2 shits about a fscking wooden box and signatures I just want my 1 GHz shipped already!

.......now I am back to waiting again and people can jump my position (again!) and possibly pay less??....

Seriously if this happens I'll be considering asking for a refund..

No, that would be silly. If I'd upgrade now, assuming the special deal is agreeable, I wouldn't expect to jump the special run 1Ghz queue but to be put behind that.

So I wouldn't be too worried about that.

What if for us 1 Ghz pre-orders (those that want to participate) buy an in stock 1 GHz with the understanding that we get a refund of the pre-order money. But the refund comes at a time when Craig's finances are better.

The problem with this idea is that 1Ghz models are only available from stock from ED (Open Pandora GmbH) & Link (Ithic), their companies are totally separate entities to Craigs company (Open Pandora Ltd) so any sales of in stock 1Ghz units will not help Craigs' cashflow.

That's what Craig an me are working on.

We're working on a way to get some cashflow back into his account, i.e. I send new orders that come via him and he will get the profit for those.

Please announce this is a new thread when you have sorted this option out, so we dont have to search through hundreds of replies in this thread to find it. Like "Get your pandora now! proposal"

Myself I really would need my 1ghz unit within two weeks, so I might accept a proposal like the short term loan if I was sure I got my unit in time. (going on a 5 week travel, so thats what I want my pandora for)

Please announce this is a new thread when you have sorted this option out, so we dont have to search through hundreds of replies in this thread to find it. Like "Get your pandora now! proposal"

Myself I really would need my 1ghz unit within two weeks, so I might accept a proposal like the short term loan if I was sure I got my unit in time. (going on a 5 week travel, so thats what I want my pandora for)

Yes, don't worry, we'll do that :)

Back