Release Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Just came back from vacation, check the repo and find ... THIS!

Amazing! Thank you so much! :D

Doesnt start on my pandy, any clue what i am doing wrong? I have a working windows-version of rtcw, copied the complete main-folder to appdata/rtcw, the keyfile with productkey is also in there, all files in the folder are without caps, same with the folder name (main). Newest rtcw.pnd is in use. It still tells me something like "files are missing".

Its a 1 Gig Pandy with newest Zaxxon 1.55.

Digijo

Looks like i have this "main" folder exactly like that, i made a screenshot of my sdcard 1 from the appdata folder, looks like this:

rtcw.jpg

maybe there is a file missing or its a not supported version of rtcw?

DigiJo

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Try deleting autoexec.cfg, hunkusage.dat and wolfconfig.cfg that are within /main folder. Maybe those files are causing issues (the proper ones are already included in rtcw/home/.wolf/main).

Tried that, no luck. Where should this home folder be located? I can not find any rtcw/home folder on my pandora, looks like rtcw.pnd doesnt create it?

DigiJo

^is your copy fully patched to the latest version before copying it over?

Tried that, no luck. Where should this home folder be located? I can not find any rtcw/home folder on my pandora, looks like rtcw.pnd doesnt create it?

DigiJo
Ok. Try deleting the appdata folder. Run the pnd once without copying the main data folder and check that the folders where properly created. Then copy the main folder (without autoexec and wolfconfig cfg's) and try to launch again. Also, as TrashyMG said, check that the data files are updated. If you can post a pnd log it will help the trobleshooting process.

Edit: The pnd appdata folder is /media/[card name]/pandora/appdata/rtcw (here is where the main folder should be copied, also here you will find the home folder).

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thx for the help gents, the game runs now perfectly fine on my pandora. :)   Actually i did apply the wrong patch to the game before copy it over to the sd. The patch i used was named wolf14bwin32 and was approx. 600kb in size. This patch will only update the multiplayer part it seems. Now i used wolf_1_4_update (approx. 11MB) and the game runs fine. Looking forward to some happy shooting ;)

DigiJo

How does zooming with weapons work? The assigned buttons do nothing? :(
The A button for the scoped weapons and dual wielding for the 1911 and silencer for the P08

New build on the repo, just adding the ability to use cheat code. So only the full version, because demo doesn't have cheat code.
It works perfect!!!!!!Thank you very much :D

With the new graphic drivers and a Clockspeed of 1.1ghz it should not lag at all.

Finally got around to try it last night. On my 1 GHz using the 4.03.00.02 gfx driver it runs perfectly fine for me. Didn't overclock or change any settings.

It's amazing to have this on the Pandora! :D

But it is very hard to play. I think in Jedi Knight II there is some auto-aiming enabled? Here I find it incredibly hard to actually hit any target. Probably I just need to adjust to the game, though.

FPS-wise my most favorite games are all running on the Pandora now, something I didn't even dare to dream about when I ordered mine ^_^

Finally got around to try it last night. On my 1 GHz using the 4.03.00.02 gfx driver it runs perfectly fine for me. Didn't overclock or change any settings.

It's amazing to have this on the Pandora! :D

But it is very hard to play. I think in Jedi Knight II there is some auto-aiming enabled? Here I find it incredibly hard to actually hit any target. Probably I just need to adjust to the game, though.

FPS-wise my most favorite games are all running on the Pandora now, something I didn't even dare to dream about when I ordered mine ^_^
Glad you like it :)

For aiming, there both have some aim assist, but JK2 is more elaborate than here.

There are 2 levels of aim assist.

The first level, present in both games, is a slow down in mouse mouvement when aiming some bad guy. For RtCW, I turn off all mouse acceleration and slow down mouse movement. So you are more precise when not for from a bad guy.

The second level is some kind of autoaim. In JK2 (and JK3), when firing, many fires automagicaly hit important parts of the bad guy you are currently aiming. So even if not aiming right, you still hit. This autoaim is not implemented in RtCW. So you have to aim precisely! So yes, it's harder, but you get use to it after a few level ;)

Just carnt get passed the screen with the circular eagle logo in, there's a arrow bottom right but it doesn't respond to the pointer tried all the keys, any help please....

Just carnt get passed the screen with the circular eagle logo in, there's a arrow bottom right but it doesn't respond to the pointer tried all the keys, any help please....
Use the shoulder buttons. They are mapped to mouse buttons. Look at 1st post for the others keys ;)

Back