Release Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Maybe there's a cheat for 200% health or anything similar that makes this a bit fairer to play? :)

I've gotten quite a ways in without cheating.. Save your game after any major skirmish works for me.

Great port! Thanx. :wub:

It works here, but didnt play the german speech. I see lot of error-messages instead of hearing a sound. Any solution?

:unsure:

missing RIFF/WAVE chunks

no fmt chunk in sound/scenaric/cs1/cs01_iac0x.wav and other cs01_abcdxy.wav

Strange. Corrupted pk3? Are you the only one playing german version?
Im also Playing the German Version but for me it works well ony my Circuit Co Pandora. .
I can remember, i wants to buy the game when i was 16 but the Women in the Elektronik Store ditnt let me buy it..

But muy dad bought me the Game. ..

Today, there are alot 12 Yeahrs old who play GTA 5 which is in germany a rating 18 plus.. and is a lot more rude..

I dont know as i ditnt play GTA 5 because its no handheld game. ..

But the German Version of RTCW dosnt has Swasiskas... as this is vorbidden in Germany. .

I thought so and always wonder, what the indians or the old romans would say to that. 卐

Forbidding simple symbols while maintaining what they stand for, I hate it.

This is maybe, because whe lost WW2 whit this Symbol...

i dont need swasiskas for a WW2 Ego Shooter, only big Weapons like the Tesla Gun and the Gattling :)

I thought so and always wonder, what the indians or the old romans would say to that. 卐

Forbidding simple symbols while maintaining what they stand for, I hate it.
It's only forbidden if it's 1) obviously connected to the Nazis and 2) could be propagandistic of Nazi ideology.

So the Indian symbol is not forbidden here, it is also distingishable as the Indian symbol is not rotated to the left (this rotation and the red flag background cause anger, which may be part of the reason the Nazis designed the flag that way). If you visit an Hindu shrine in Germany, chances are you'll see their symbol quite a lot and it's no problem.

Due to 2), it also not forbidden for example to show it in a picture that is crossed out as punks like to do (there was a court case that confirmed this) to show their anti-fascist values.

Neither forbidden is use in an educational context, for example on wikipedia, in museums, in school lessons, etc.

I hope that games are treated as "ART" some day here in germany, same like Movies. In Movies, Indiana Jones can fight Nazis and show us Swastikas, in games, he still fights Nazis but can't show us swastikas for instance because games are sadly still not classified as art. That's the difference, same for comics, but there are also differences, some are censored, some are not. Pretty confusing imho.

it is also distingishable as the Indian symbol is not rotated to the left
Nope, not always.

If you want to forbid simple symbols, you have to forbid a lot, the christian cross for example, lots of murders for that.

BTW: Funny, that the Quran is not forbidden, I have not read "mein Kampf", but there seem to be many similarities,

because all of my different translations of the Quran say, that you should either enslave or kill (many ways are advised for this) people of other religions

and beat and rape your wife, if she does not do as you please.

Last edited by a moderator:
because all of my different translations of the Quran say, that you should either enslave or kill (many ways are advised for this) people of other religions.
I think there is a misunderstanding here. At least for book religions like Jews and Christians, there are only extra taxes (combined with extra protection) for them. Most religions are ancient and pretty cruel (bible: if you rape a woman you have pay 10 silver coins to her father and merry her). But I think this is pretty offtopic.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is also distingishable as the Indian symbol is not rotated to the left
Nope, not always.

If you want to forbid simple symbols, you have to forbid a lot, the christian cross for example, lots of murders for that.

BTW: Funny, that the Quran is not forbidden, I have not read "mein Kampf", but there seem to be many similarities,

because all of my different translations of the Quran say, that you should either enslave or kill (many ways are advised for this) people of other religions

and beat and rape your wife, if she does not do as you please.
Well even if the Indian swastika would look the same, it is backed up by history and tradition and if it's shown in such a context - for example on a Hindu shrine - and it's clear that there is no connection to Nazism, it IS legally fine to show it here.

Without wanting to take a stance here, the German law to this is not about forbidding a "simple" symbol, but the defining symbol of what has devastated much of Europe and led to the industrial slaughter of the eleven million victims of the historically absolutely unique Holocaust and to the tens of millions of war casualties. It is also forbidden to propagate Nazi ideology or deny the Holocaust in public. By the way, Mein Kampf is not technically illegal, it is just that the copyright is with the Bavarian state until 2016, and by that date it is to be made available to the general public.

You cant compare it with books that are deemed brutal by some or even by all, there is no explicit link as there is between Nazism and the Holocaust for instance.

Back