Release Date

craigix said:
lots of stuff
Thank you for the concise explanation! I figured as much, of course there have always been sudden delays, but I feel like it's never really as bad as some people say. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Also, as I keep saying, our financial situation is good, we have given many refunds over the last year with no issues at all. This project does not have any debts and is privately funded outside the orders. That is one of the best things about it.

where did I read something like "your money is actually used to build your pandora!" wasn't something like that on your website or something? what's the deal with that then?

if i could make this my own xmas present, id be very happy, but im having my doubts

Kloplop321 said:
I seriously wanted it before thanksgiving so I could brag about it to my cousins...
haha same here, but more to the use of writing essays for school over thanksgiving break, i'm visiting family and i won't be buy my computer, but oh well.

Hey Craigix, is populating the board still the longest part, say you got all the cases today?
Have you put the order in for the chargers yet?
Do agree the list is assembly type stuff though, but your soothing words seem to have helped a few people :D

Na-Noo said:
Do agree the list is assembly type stuff though, but your soothing words seem to have helped a few people :D

This may be, but it seems whatever he spouts out seems to piss everyone off, so unfortunately it seems he ceases to exist in these forums. :( I wish people would chill the f**k out and stop ruining things for the rest of us.

MrBlais said:
Na-Noo said:

This may be, but it seems whatever he spouts out seems to piss everyone off, so unfortunately it seems he ceases to exist in these forums. :( I wish people would chill the f**k out and stop ruining things for the rest of us.

I choose to believe its because he's busy :)

MrBlais said:
Na-Noo said:

Nah - what he says (and how he says it) definately have an impact on how the post was received. It's not impossible to get annoyed at that post, but it would be harder work than usual IMHO - it's mostly "soothing words". :) I'd be surprised if it could piss off more than, say, 5 people? (number out of a hat, should not be taken to construe 5 specific individuals).

guizm said:
Im worried about 1 point, if pandora isnt' released at december ( probably won't ) many, many people will cancell their orders, so, it's possible that OP team comes to bankrupt?

Yes it's possible. Of course Craig will tell you it's not but he's hardly likely to say anything else!

On the other hand I think if people actually see real assembled Pandora's then they will be appeased enough to wait another month or two.

Na-Noo said:
Part of the problem they give what they believe to be the CORRECT estimate, without saying well let's just add 50-100%, especially as it's something they've never done before. Better that than under estimate constantly.
Not moaning, just saying a big problem has been in their ability to estimate.
Something I'm only learning myself and I've been a developer for longer than I'd like to remember hahaha
Blame craigx for having balls of brass instead of crystal.

Sphinxter said:
Blame craigx for having balls of brass instead of crystal.

Who told you that? His gay lover? :D

Pleng said:
guizm said:
Im worried about 1 point, if pandora isnt' released at december ( probably won't ) many, many people will cancell their orders, so, it's possible that OP team comes to bankrupt?

Yes it's possible. Of course Craig will tell you it's not but he's hardly likely to say anything else!

On the other hand I think if people actually see real assembled Pandora's then they will be appeased enough to wait another month or two.

I waited this long before pre-ordering cause I don't like waiting and having money tied up into thin air etc, so if I don't get mine by xmas i'll be cancelling my pre-order definetly. I mean don't get me wrong this isn't a threat or anything I just don't wanna have £450 or whatever it is doing nothing for months. obviously people who pre-ordered months and months ago have more patience but that's up to them.

Honestly, I don't see the pain in waiting at this point. Having the money tied up shouldn't be an issue if you understood the nature of the project when you go in, which a fair few people don't seem to have. The tied-up money is what has been funding some of, if not all of the project. So in essence, although you can't see a final unit right now, you do have something for your money already in the form of prototypes etc. It's always a case of 'I paid, now where is my product' where as it was plain from the beginning (should anything more than a paper-thin investigation of it's design process and origins have been conducted by those interested) that pre-ordering in this case involves a large dose of faith, and the knowledge that the whole project could fail at any point and we may never receive a final unit.

I've been following since the beginning, I couldn't afford to pre-order until this year but I would have gladly paid on day 1 and waited this long with my fingers crossed. This is now the most exciting part because things are moving faster than they have at any other point, and we can see everything coming together, so it would be madness to pull out now!

It's a bit like paying an oyster that's made a promise to form a piece of grit into a pearl for you, to which it estimates a delivery date and provides you a series of updates regarding the formation of layers and it's iridescence. The date slips further away, but a point is reached where it begins the final stages of formation, you decide that you'd rather have your money back than get the pearl in the end because of the principle of the wait you had to endure.

Ok it's probably nothing like that, but I'm at work and I'm bored shitless.

Sugar_Kane said:
Honestly, I don't see the pain in waiting at this point. Having the money tied up shouldn't be an issue if you understood the nature of the project when you go in, which a fair few people don't seem to have. The tied-up money is what has been funding some of, if not all of the project. So in essence, although you can't see a final unit right now, you do have something for your money already in the form of prototypes etc. It's always a case of 'I paid, now where is my product' where as it was plain from the beginning (should anything more than a paper-thin investigation of it's design process and origins have been conducted by those interested) that pre-ordering in this case involves a large dose of faith, and the knowledge that the whole project could fail at any point and we may never receive a final unit.

I've been following since the beginning, I couldn't afford to pre-order until this year but I would have gladly paid on day 1 and waited this long with my fingers crossed. This is now the most exciting part because things are moving faster than they have at any other point, and we can see everything coming together, so it would be madness to pull out now!

It's a bit like paying an oyster that's made a promise to form a piece of grit into a pearl for you, to which it estimates a delivery date and provides you a series of updates regarding the formation of layers and it's iridescence. The date slips further away, but a point is reached where it begins the final stages of formation, you decide that you'd rather have your money back than get the pearl in the end because of the principle of the wait you had to endure.

Ok it's probably nothing like that, but I'm at work and I'm bored shitless.

yeah, but some of us, feels that they went on wrongdoing in using a probable estimate as a almost fixed deadline. even further, some also expected delays, but not as long as more than the double of the initial deployment time (make it triple and it is still not enough.

so i also dont want the panda to be vapor ware, but at this point the risk is way too high, also paying for the credit card usage all over and still not having the hardware makes you think even house mortage doesnt takes so long

it might be a personal thing but I hardly even remember paying the thing. I always pay with money I have. Ive spend more money on plane trips and I dont have anything lying at home for that money. When the pandora comes it will be like a present from the past :)

Its not that the pandora is a primary life need, you wont die without it. It not that you can't buy food because of you having bought the pandora a year ago. It not like you mis out on a huge amount of rent because rent is crappy these days anyway.

But its all personal I can imagine being 16 again and then having bought a pandora of my hard earned savings then it would have been a bummer.

Back