Release Date

devil99125

Still Fresh
Does anybody know if the Pandora will definitely be out before Christmas. :rolleyes:

nobody knows.
it'll possibly be finished by christmas, but i doubt that all pre-orderers will have received theirs by then.

I hope that it will be here by this Christmas, all indications are that they'll be shipped by Christmas, but to be completely honest I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't.

There has been a lot of activity lately, we should also be seeing pictures of production Pandoras soon enough, if the company will take them.

Offtopic:
[quote name='carlgeorge' ]
If computer games affected us as children we would all be running around darkened rooms munching pills while listening to monotonous music.
[/quote]

That's exactly what people do today. Never been to a rave?

fischju2000 said:
There has been a lot of activity lately, we should also be seeing pictures of production Pandoras soon enough, if the company will take them.

Offtopic:
If computer games affected us as children we would all be running around darkened rooms munching pills while listening to monotonous music.

[/quote]

thats the joke :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem to remember the same questions being asked last year ;)
IMHO I reckon, despite the flurry of activity, that it will be some time in the new year... It's easy to get any development to 99% complete.
Still it _will_ happen but it just requires that little bit more patience.

I honestly have my doubt than they can manage to ship all 4000 Pandora before the end of the year... I would like to be proven wrong though.

It's just all the delays... and now the case. Before the time the case production is given the go, that they are actually produced and then shipped to texas it could easily be the end of the month already. So not much time left at all for all the 4000 units if you ask me.

I do believe we should see a final pandora pretty soon though. At least that's what everyone expect and it should happen unless there still are issues with the case. It's would be quite a disaster to have some more major delay on the case.

marshal said:
I honestly have my doubt than they can manage to ship all 4000 Pandora before the end of the year... I would like to be proven wrong though.

It's just all the delays... and now the case. Before the time the case production is given the go, that they are actually produced and then shipped to texas it could easily be the end of the month already. So not much time left at all for all the 4000 units if you ask me.

The real problem is that the holidays are coming up, and people will be travelling and away from home. If they don't get them out by mid-december, there will be major chaos with address changes and returned packages.

Neko said:
marshal said:
I honestly have my doubt than they can manage to ship all 4000 Pandora before the end of the year... I would like to be proven wrong though.It's just all the delays... and now the case. Before the time the case production is given the go, that they are actually produced and then shipped to texas it could easily be the end of the month already. So not much time left at all for all the 4000 units if you ask me.
The real problem is that the holidays are coming up, and people will be travelling and away from home. If they don't get them out by mid-december, there will be major chaos with address changes and returned packages.

>If they don't get them out by mid-december, there will be major chaos with address changes and returned packages.

Who's changing there address's? and if they don't get them out by mid-december nobody will have a package to return? Am i missing the point? it is getting late so I'm a bit confused and need sleep :)

Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas sometime in January and that seems to fit into the Open Pandora/Craigix "two more months" scheme of things, so perhaps.

gibberish said:
fischju2000 said:

thats the joke :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Perhaps he was distracted by the huge "whoosh" sound above his head and didn't notice.

puppydee said:
Neko said:
marshal said:
I honestly have my doubt than they can manage to ship all 4000 Pandora before the end of the year... I would like to be proven wrong though.It's just all the delays... and now the case. Before the time the case production is given the go, that they are actually produced and then shipped to texas it could easily be the end of the month already. So not much time left at all for all the 4000 units if you ask me.

>If they don't get them out by mid-december, there will be major chaos with address changes and returned packages.

Who's changing there address's? and if they don't get them out by mid-december nobody will have a package to return? Am i missing the point? it is getting late so I'm a bit confused and need sleep :)
I think he means that people made the house that there going to for christmas the shipping location so it can be opened up on christmas day but if anyone did that then there just dumb cause there is no exact release date yet. I doubt there will be much if any shipping address changes

It's slightly humorous to think that the debate about whether or not it would be released by Christmas was happening last year. I personally don't see how Pandora will be done before then. We're almost halfway through this month, and we seem to be in one of those dull periods where no one knows exactly whats going on. Minor updates yes, big picture, no.

frostedfires said:
I think he means that people made the house that there going to for christmas the shipping location so it can be opened up on christmas day but if anyone did that then there just dumb cause there is no exact release date yet. I doubt there will be much if any shipping address changes
I was thinking about what happens if Craigix does what he said he would do, and tries to ship them all out just before christmas. A lot of people used their work/school shipping address, and at a lot of offices there is pretty much no one there between christmas eve and new years.

The way that OP is handling things right now I wouldn't put much hope in getting it before Christmas. Its just another optimistic goal that one of the devs (this time Craigix,) spits out to keep us happy for a little while.

At this point we have seen the case molds but there is so much more to happen then just those. Silk screening will be an additional wait. The production of the keymats. Then the shipping time to get 10000 cases and at least 4000 keymats to Texas. OP is at the mercy of this Chinese company because they can't afford to produce elsewhere. The boards will supposedly be completed by the end of November. Assembly time will depend on when both are finished and sent to the factory in Texas. After that they can be shipped and as most people probably already know there is always shipping delays during the Christmas holiday.

The only thing that would make me feel better about the situation right now is real numbers and dates.

this is how i see the situation:
In 2 months(tm), we will get our pandora's in 2 months(tm).

Seriously....The damn date is being pushes forwards for about 6 months now. I still dont see a real end of the tunnel.

greendots said:
The only thing that would make me feel better about the situation right now is real numbers and dates.

27 March 1984
13/08/2007
15/12/2421

...sorry! :p

Back