What're The Terms And Conditions Of Purchase?

CCmachined

regarding the release date as around November 13th:

questions:
1) if i pre-order a Pandora and recieve one which has a broken feature or something that isn't quite right, is there a warranty?
2) could I return it for my £200 back?
3) what is the delay between batch 1 and 2? 4-8 weeks? could you _pleeease_ make it less? so us that want to see reviews before buying a Pandora can still buy one before Christmas?

am i the only one annoyed by the "buy now before any are manufactured at all or wait til Janurary for your unit" situation here?

sorry if i sounded offensive. the :pandora1: will be awesome ;)

3- the problem is that this isn't a million dollar company, producing units without knowing the outcome of the sales is a big risk.
Who knows, the pandora could become a bigger success then anticipated and require several new batches. But on the other hand, the pandora might as well just flop and not even sell the entire first batch. Therefore it's logical that they start off with a smaller batch.

1 It has been stated before that there is a warranty
2 Why would you get your money back? If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you open it, it is 'used'. There is however a statutory cooling off period for internet sales, but only if you don't open the package and return as is, at your cost.
3 You don't have to buy now, but that is each individuals choice. They don't know exactly how quick it will sell, therefore right now can't say when/how long the second batch will take to produce.

CC_machine said:
am i the only one annoyed by the "buy now before any are manufactured at all or wait til Janurary for your unit" situation here?
No, but that doesn't make your annoyance reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
CC_machine said:
Doesn't make it unreasonable either. Unfounded, perhaps, since we have no idea how the situation will actually work out, but not unreasonable by any means, since this is a situation that may very well happen.

Wow, this is the only thread on this so far? I figured there would be a flood of them after MWeston rattled off those dates! :lol: Eh, I imagine we won't find out the specifics until a week or so leading up to the preorder itself. After all, those dates were just educated guesses, though I hope they're adhered to, especially the preorder.

I do hope this is a board-specific sorta thing and they don't use the email system, since the main preorder comes at the end of the month. The real question I have is will there be a limited number of the 3,000 available for this first preorder round? And if so, how many?

Fidgety, impatient anticipation I can relate to :D but I don't think it's fair to be annoyed about the preorder system. The way I see it we're lucky for the opportunity to get our orders in early. The only alternative I can think of, is that everyone waits until the 3000 are sitting in a warehouse before orders start. That doesn't sound very excellent.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the complaint?

Gruso said:
Fidgety, impatient anticipation I can relate to :D but I don't think it's fair to be annoyed about the preorder system. The way I see it we're lucky for the opportunity to get our orders in early. The only alternative I can think of, is that everyone waits until the 3000 are sitting in a warehouse before orders start. That doesn't sound very excellent.

I think the real complaint is that the timing isn't "perfect" according to his schedule. :lol: Though I must say, with as common as preorders are anymore for major tech releases, I don't see it as something the devs have bestowed upon us with divine intervention, but merely something that is to be expected.

If Pandora were a full-on retail product, though, I'd almost rather there be no preorder; I'd be one of the crazies with a tent and a TV hooked up outside of BestBuy downing Red Bulls in anticipation. :D

Gruso said:

I think you are... Unless I am the one misunderstanding it. The annoyance doesn't really lie with the pre-order system, but with but with the general attitude that seems to be floating around that if you don't pre-order, you'll miss out. I know I won't be pre-ordering one, and everyone assuming the first batch will sell out before it is produced is kind of annoying. Though that would be great for the Pandora team, just not for some of us.

I have aspergers too and that's why I behave like an asshole for no reason. Yep, I definitely have aspergers. You assholes.

jmetal88 said:
Gruso said:
CC_machine said:
Doesn't make it unreasonable either. Unfounded, perhaps, since we have no idea how the situation will actually work out, but not unreasonable by any means, since this is a situation that may very well happen.

It seems to me like it might be illegal (don't know, i'm not trading standards).

At least one very similar project to this turned out be a scam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_200LX#Japan

3000 x £200 = £600,000 or $1,119,863

ashdjones said:
It seems to me like it might be illegal (don't know, i'm not trading standards).

If you're concerned, then wait. It's that simple.

Chip said:
ashdjones said:

If you're concerned, then wait. It's that simple.
Or if you don't want to wait, pay by credit card as you are usually covered if the goods don't turn up.

But if you were to have such little faith in a company / group of people, why buy their product?

ashdjones said:
The way I think about it is as follows:

There are only 3,000 or so units going to be made. They are going to be sold over the 'net, and you can pre-order them. If all 3,000 are pre-ordered, then there are obviously going to be none available once the device is released.

Isn't that the same as happened to the Wii and some other consoles? Most were pre-ordered, and the only batch that got to a shop by launch day were pre-ordered by people at that shop, which caused fights to break out and the police to be called, as several people camped out overnight to get one?

Anyway, to answer your other questions:

1) if i pre-order a Pandora and recieve one which has a broken feature or something that isn't quite right, is there a warranty?

Yes, it's law that there has to be a 12-month warranty on all goods sold as new.

2) could I return it for my £200 back?

Yes, if you return it within 14 days in an unopened/unused condition. You will get a refund minus any shipping charges.

3) what is the delay between batch 1 and 2?

Unknown. Batch 2 will not be ordered until batch 1 is almost out of stock I would of thought.

To me, the biggest question is: If there is a short in the device or some hardware is not reachable by software cause of bad device drivers or just a wrong board design -
Would I be able to get it replaced with a new one?

If the answer is yes, I have to wonder how the developers are going to "survive" such a situation.
Lets say the grapics chip is in no-way able to run complex scenes because there is a design issue caused by the pandora developers (Just think about the wrong clock-rate of the DS) - now assume 75% (some won't care) of all first-batch-users want their pandora replaced because this problem appears on all units:

3000 * 0.75 = 2250 Devices must be replaced which would cost the developers:
2250 * $330 = $742.500 (!) + Additional fee for new shipping and ordering of fixed devices.

This seems highly unrealistic to me...

Back