Any Software Complete For Release ?

flammablepiss

Website
Visit site
I am hoping to pre-order the Pandora and here is my only issue that is have before I do !

I want to see a start of a library before I buy one, does anybody know whether there will be Completed games and applications ready for its release.

What would be the point in pre-ordering if I would have to wait another 2 months for games and emulation ?

I WANT to see content before I buy !!!

flammablepiss said:
I am hoping to pre-order the Pandora and here is my only issue that is have before I do !

I want to see a start of a library before I buy one, does anybody know whether there will be Completed games and applications ready for its release.

What would be the point in pre-ordering if I would have to wait another 2 months for games and emulation ?

I WANT to see content before I buy !!!
Many of us have the same request. There are 2 things that needs to happen
1. Working linux OS
2. SDL libraray

Once that happens anything on the GP2X will be possible to run. We could get by with just linux and use the framebuffer directly, but I think the majority of apps will wait until both conditions are met.
Hopefully things speed up in the next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, with dev Pandora units out there in devs hands already, and devs actively working on software already, I can safely assume that there will be some homebrew emulators/games available to play on your Pandora as soon as you have it in your hands.

So don't worry, it's all being covered. Pre-order with confidence.

There is completed software for 'raw' mode, ie no OS test stuff... one early port was showing 850fps...

Linux stuff is happening this month and is the final piece of the puzzle in order to show you some interesting GP2X comparison videos on the real, final hardware via SDL.

craigix said:
There is completed software for 'raw' mode, ie no OS test stuff... one early port was showing 850fps...

Linux stuff is happening this month and is the final piece of the puzzle in order to show you some interesting GP2X comparison videos on the real, final hardware via SDL.
:D looking forward to it, cheers for the info.
Mind if I ask what software was ported that had fps that high? 850's very impressive, as long as it wasn't Pong ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
craigix said:

:D looking forward to it, cheers for the info.
Mind if I ask what software was ported that had fps that high? 850's very impressive, as long as it wasn't Pong ;)

of course not
it was tennis for two

Just google for "linux SDL source", you will find tons of applications for the Pandora.

Pandora's are not in devs hands yet; I think theres a few wirewraps, dev boards and CPUboards around, but the first run of Pandora dev machines isn't done yet, right? (Still waiting on components and so on?)

/me waits pateiently.. I know as soon as I get a Panny, there'll be a few emus, interps and gams ready within days :p

jeff

Sounds good anyways !
As long as I can fire it up and give it a go as soon as I get it, thats all I ask !

Also I read something about supporting debian packages (I know bugger all about linux btw) But I used to have ubuntu on my ps3 and that used debian packages.
There is a whole list of deb apps including atari\sega emulators, does this mean that these would work ?

Just wondering really.

What people were talking about with the debian packages were the packages for the armel architecture. I don't think there's been any official answer as to whether or not they'll work. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say some of them might work, but they will probably not take full advantage of the Pandora's capabilities and may require tweaking to get running at all. They will most likely not be officially supported. Unless you know what you're doing, I'd recommend not attempting to use those packages, and sticking to the official Pandora repo (there is going to be an official Pandora repo, right?)

skeezix said:
Pandora's are not in devs hands yet; I think theres a few wirewraps, dev boards and CPUboards around, but the first run of Pandora dev machines isn't done yet, right? (Still waiting on components and so on?)

/me waits pateiently.. I know as soon as I get a Panny, there'll be a few emus, interps and gams ready within days :p

jeff
Yay ! Thats good to hear !

BigTruck said:
Unless you know what you're doing, I'd recommend not attempting to use those packages, and sticking to the official Pandora repo (there is going to be an official Pandora repo, right?)
Fair enough !
Like I say I don't know much about Linux at all, so im not that bothered.
It was just a thought.

Back