Release Date

They'd need to, for European customers - if they shipped them all from Texas then lots of them would (rightly or wrongly) get snagged by customs (likewise for for US customers if shipped from Europe).

roberthoward45 said:
does that mean that if the pandora has no box they will put the shipping labels directly on the pandora?
If it could survive the shipping process, this would actually be sort of bad-ass.

Damn, Now I want my Pandora shipped like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want VRAndy's packaging around my packaging.*

EDIT: Addendum to remove possible double entendre

*Since he doesn't require it and my Pandora will therefore be twice as protected.

Asmo said:
WizardStan said:
borgqueenx said:
no box....confirmed now :(
thats really to bad. oh well ive readed something about a manual so that will do.
This was confirmed over a year ago when the first pre-orders were taken. Nothing has changed on this front.

What, that there'd be no box? Quite the opposite - Fatih even said we'd see the one they had planned 'soon' before it went off the agenda.

http://forum.openhandhelds.org/viewtopic.php?p=2356#p2356

I'm sure there's a craigix post somewhere saying FedEx are providing free boxes to ship the Panda in. Not that I could be bothered looking for it.

Edit:

^Oops Tom` got there first! Seriously, who gives a f* about the box, it's what's in the box that counts. God damn. I think I just invented a catchphrase.

Pandora - It's what's in the box that counts.

or maybe

Pandora - Dare to take a look... Afterall, it's made for hacking etc.

Meh.. back on topic..

im looking to pre-order this beast of a machine in the next few weeks! Where and how can I do so. The main website doesnt offer much help except for those 3 links that lead to sites that sell related tech. Do I have to do it through there for the pre-order?

Birdeater said:
im looking to pre-order this beast of a machine in the next few weeks! Where and how can I do so. The main website doesnt offer much help except for those 3 links that lead to sites that sell related tech. Do I have to do it through there for the pre-order?
I think the main site says somewhere to e-mail openpandorasales@gmail.com. Last I heard, that's the official pre-order e-mail, it should be right there on the page.

Yep, it's at the bottom of "Where to Buy".
Those links should really be AFTER the main e-mail, since they're going to sell pre-orders to the second batch, and clearly aren't even actively selling Pandoras yet.

Tom` said:
Sphinxter said:
bananajamslam said:
Why does everyone want a box? The only difference between having a box, rather than not, is that you would have to take the pandora out of that box. Then, most likely you will hide that box in a drawer somewhere so that, just in case you might sell it, you will get that extra dollar from the buyer on eBay who considers a box important...
I suspect it's the difficulty they'll encounter trying to make an un-boxing video without a box.

There WILL be a box: "there is no box" presumanbly means that Craig is not responsible for the box. It's just a free Fedex box - obtaining them is not expected to cause any delay, since Fedex presumably has many, many boxes at their shipping location(s).
They have many padded bags too.

Sphinxter said:
Tom` said:
Sphinxter said:
bananajamslam said:
Why does everyone want a box? The only difference between having a box, rather than not, is that you would have to take the pandora out of that box. Then, most likely you will hide that box in a drawer somewhere so that, just in case you might sell it, you will get that extra dollar from the buyer on eBay who considers a box important...
I suspect it's the difficulty they'll encounter trying to make an un-boxing video without a box.

There WILL be a box: "there is no box" presumanbly means that Craig is not responsible for the box. It's just a free Fedex box - obtaining them is not expected to cause any delay, since Fedex presumably has many, many boxes at their shipping location(s).
They have many padded bags too.

Not to mention that their standard boxes aren't padded, so without any additional padding the thing would bounce around like Pandora pinball in it.

Anyway, not everybody opted for courier shipping - 'Airmail' wouldn't involve FedEx, though they could of course use all the free FedEx packaging they can carry on a raid of their depot.

Back