Any Software Complete For Release ?

Well, you can install debian on an SD card and use that... won't use DSP, but that's all.

who says it won't use the DSP? if there is a debian or ubuntu *port* it will likely also include debs of the .debs of optimised software it would just be repackageing anyway

i think checkinstall -D make install

is all that is needed to build a deb

MilanC said:
Well, you can install debian on an SD card and use that... won't use DSP, but that's all.
1. What's the point? It won't use any other OMAP3530-specific improvements either.

bump.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
and what exactly is stoping someone with time and an endless supply of sundrop from recompileing debian with optimiseations for the omap 3530?

and what is an IPB image? EDIT: nvm image didn't show up ... now what is with dat bloated toad? maybe i answered my own question...

I'd be happy with CPS 3 emulation and GPS within the first month. GPS is very possible, CPS 3 is a maybe.

If someone won't make a neogeo emulator as soon as it comes out I'll steal a nuclear bomb and destroy the entire world.

Yea, I know a nuclear bomb isn't enough to destroy the whole world, but it won't hurt to try, right?

someboddy said:
If someone won't make a neogeo emulator as soon as it comes out I'll steal a nuclear bomb and destroy the entire world.

Yea, I know a nuclear bomb isn't enough to destroy the whole world, but it won't hurt to try, right?
I feel the same way, less the nuclear bomb maybe...

Would Advance CD work on the pandora? "a bootable live CD, DVD and USB disk of a minimal Linux distribution containing the AdvanceMAME emulator.

You can boot it in any PC and play the contained games without any installation. The default distribution contains the arcade games Gridlee, Poly Play and Robby Roto and it uses only 20 Mbyte leaving the whole disk for your roms."

But instead of using a CD put it on USB. I'm guessing it wouldn't be that simple, your going to tell me it's the wrong architecture or something right? I'm new here by the way, hi hi :D

---_Won_--- said:
your going to tell me it's the wrong architecture or something right? I'm new here by the way, hi hi :D
Ding DIng Ding! Winner!
(What a relief, someone new who can think and answer their own question. Welcome!)

---_Won_--- said:
I'm guessing it wouldn't be that simple, your going to tell me it's the wrong architecture or something right? I'm new here by the way, hi hi :D
Correct. Pandora is not PC-compatible, so software meant for a PC won't work as is. How much effort is required, depends on a lot of factors. (And by "effort," I'm not talking about making an ordinary user jump through hoops; I mean effort that needs to be made by a developer, or at least by a serious power-user, before anyone can use the software.)

At any rate, the effort to get something like Advance CD working on Pandora would necessarily include the effort it would take to get Linux working, and to get AdvanceMAME working, on Pandora. It wouldn't provide a short cut to those things.

Welcome; I'm new here too.

You should be able to do the same thing with whatever version of MAME some awesome dev ports to Pandora, just have scripts to auto-boot it. Pandora will have its own Linux-based OS.

Back