Release Date

second exodous said:
borgqueenx said:
second exodous said:
craigix said:
>The Pandoras are not assembled yet.

That starts at the end of the month. It's the last step and will happen as they ship.

Is this the 105? It seems that I haven't heard about the 105 in a while, so are just all the boards done and ready to be assembled? Or are the 105 to get you started on assembling and as you get those done you'll get more parts so there is really no break in the 'assembly line?'
if those are the final 4000 pandora's, im gonna drink myself to (almost) death tonight.
Well, I know all 4000 won't be done by the end of this month and shipped, my question was more of will the 4000 be done and shipped before Christmas?
that would be awesome. i already missed my pandora in the summer holidays. i dont wanna miss my pandora in christmas. no way!
but craig could only make a guess if he told you yes or no. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
borgqueenx said:
no box....confirmed now :(
thats really to bad. oh well ive readed something about a manual so that will do.
This was confirmed over a year ago when the first pre-orders were taken. Nothing has changed on this front.

bananajamslam said:
Why does everyone want a box? The only difference between having a box, rather than not, is that you would have to take the pandora out of that box. Then, most likely you will hide that box in a drawer somewhere so that, just in case you might sell it, you will get that extra dollar from the buyer on eBay who considers a box important...
Its nice to have a box for the unboxing videos. :p
I don't do them, so I'm ok.

WizardStan said:
borgqueenx said:
no box....confirmed now :(
thats really to bad. oh well ive readed something about a manual so that will do.
This was confirmed over a year ago when the first pre-orders were taken. Nothing has changed on this front.

What, that there'd be no box? Quite the opposite - Fatih even said we'd see the one they had planned 'soon' before it went off the agenda.

http://forum.openhandhelds.org/viewtopic.php?p=2356#p2356

i just expect it plain brown corrugated cardboard.
at most, i expect it to be as colourfull as the shipping Co. boxes.

the most colorfull box i have is the sparkfun one XD and it is plain red. so i dont expect way too much.

guizm said:
I don't care about the box but... how will pandora be shipped?
Either "There is no box" is some sort of exaggeration, or he's going to just slap a stamp on it and write your address on it with a silver sharpie.

Presumably at some point there will exist a stack of Pandoras and a stack of some sort of packages, and someone is going to have to spend a few days putting the one in the other. (If it takes thirty seconds to box a Pandora, that's five man-days of boxing. Unless they have to put all 4,000 into a giant crate and then re-box them in England, this can happen concurrently, but it's still five man-days of labor that have to be done by someone.)

But the first batch won't sitting around doing nothing for "five man-days" while someone boxes them. Each one will be boxed on the fly. Craig said a while back that GBAX can pack & send 350 units per day. That's a more useful number for us. Theoretical man-days spent boxing mean nothing.

bananajamslam said:
Why does everyone want a box? The only difference between having a box, rather than not, is that you would have to take the pandora out of that box. Then, most likely you will hide that box in a drawer somewhere so that, just in case you might sell it, you will get that extra dollar from the buyer on eBay who considers a box important...
I suspect it's the difficulty they'll encounter trying to make an un-boxing video without a box.

borgqueenx said:
that means once the shipping commences, i will have to wait another 3 weeks before i finally get my pandora.(im on the end of the list of orders:( ) and one week for getting it here.
Well, if they do start being assembled/shipped at the end of November and there is no break in assembly/shipment (a.k.a. 105 are made and then it stops to get more parts) then you might get it before Christmas.

Man, I keep telling myself that it won't matter when I get it, but every time craigix posts it gets me excited. I have to keep telling myself 'It's ok if you don't get it by Christmas, you'll get it soon.'

borgqueenx said:
Lets hope wel get our pandoras by then. Any luck that might happen ED or craig or someone from the team?
They've not told us different and they have been online today.
So nothing has changed either way, so at the moment their response would be they still expect to get them shipped by whatever the actual time they gave last time was.
But in my head it's before end of Dec but I can't remember their actual words.

I expect what's happening is that Criag is waiting for my birthday on the 9th...

Sphinxter said:
bananajamslam said:
I suspect it's the difficulty they'll encounter trying to make an un-boxing video without a box.

There WILL be a box: "there is no box" presumanbly means that Craig is not responsible for the box. It's just a free Fedex box - obtaining them is not expected to cause any delay, since Fedex presumably has many, many boxes at their shipping location(s).

Gruso said:
But the first batch won't sitting around doing nothing for "five man-days" while someone boxes them. Each one will be boxed on the fly. Craig said a while back that GBAX can pack & send 350 units per day. That's a more useful number for us. Theoretical man-days spent boxing mean nothing.

Interesting, gives me a more tangible time scale to work with.

does that mean that if the pandora has no box they will put the shipping labels directly on the pandora? JK
a box would be kind of cool but the contents is what my main concern

Gruso said:
Craig said a while back that GBAX can pack & send 350 units per day.

Are they being shipped from GBAX?

Back