[Rebirth Competition] Slackware for Pandora 13.37 release thread.

So these are just packages, right? We don't have to compile anything there?

Anyway, here are the packages I'v built yesterday, 13.37 ones, some ncurses apps, stalonetray and xarchiver along with thunar archive plugin: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1jahhd

Will upload more when it's ready.

OK, I have FBReader, it was a heavy one. Now I hope I'll manage to buid luakit and parcellite, then I need a dictionary and maybe some map viewer, not sure if it will work fast enough to be useable, and I'll have a kickass handheld. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I have so far:

abook

calcurse

centerim

cmus

epdfview

fbreader (liblinebreak)

feh (imlib2)

gmrun

msmtp (libgsasl)

newsbeuter (stfl, json-c)

ranger

scrot (imlib2, giblib)

stalonetray

thunar-archive-plugin

webkitgtk 1.3.4 <-- too old for luakit, might be ok for midori

xarchiver

These are luakit dependencies:

libunique

help2man (locale::gettext)

wbkitgtk (icu4c)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1r072y

And I have problems with parcellite (can't find gdk) and luakit (too old webkit)

I wonder if I can get acces to the repository to upload files there? I mostly have what I wanted, but I'm going to get some more packages built, like certain Perl modules and cli/pseudograhic tools, maybe abiword and gnumeric.

I'll build all or some of it, don't worry.

I don't intend to package all slackbuilds.org, but at least common apps and dependencies.

Or rather the heaviest stuff. I had to leave webkit compiling overnight, all the rest was quite fast thanks to what you've provided. I wonder how long did it take to build firefox.

Any news from the USB installer?

Or have you already uploaded one I didn't notice :D ?
I now have a beta .pnd for a SD installer:

Be really careful, this is a beta, so don't use it with a card with valuable data.

Hm. Been testing bluetooth yesterday. Works real good for root, but screwed up for a regular user. I'll see if I can make it work better for myself.

UPD managed to connect via my cellphone. Here's what I did:

- First of all, I edited op_bluetooth.sh and changed all occurences of hciconfig to /usr/sbin/hciconfig so that the script worked properly for user

- I then enabled PPPSupport and DhcpClient plugins instead of NMDUN and NMPAN which didn't seem to work anyway

- Dialup Settings item appeared in Device>Serial Ports for my phone; I set number *99**1# and Access Point Name "Beeline Internet" (I found these at my provider's site somewhere).

- And I picked Dial-up networking in Serial Ports menu.

After that, I had Internet access, but Pandora couldn't resolve hostnames. I edited /etc/resolv.conf:

# using OpenDNS

nameserver 208.67.220.220

And finally it started working for user.

I think it was the op_bluetooth_work.sh.

Strange, that was supposed to be done by the patch. You installed it, don't you ?

Yes, I did. Fetched it from your update repo along with other fixes. op_bluetooth_work turns bluetooth on and off indeed.

I looked into that op_bluetooth.sh, it's a toggle which is handy for custom panel buttons, and I think it calls bluetooth_work with 0|1 parameter depending on presence of a lockfile or a bluetooth interface, right? And it shows notifocatons and probably makes some settings as well.

Anyway, it now works.

Before I modified the script, it couldn't find hciconfig and thus thought that bluetooth was always disabled, so I couldn't turn it off with that System submenu entry.

Any news from the USB installer?

Or have you already uploaded one I didn't notice :D ?
I now have a beta .pnd for a SD installer:

http://boards.openpa...ns/#entry145954

Be really careful, this is a beta, so don't use it with a card with valuable data.

I've already seen this.

At weekend I'll grab the latest version of SL4P and try it out.

The tar.bz2 has to be on a USB stick right? That's at least what your planes were.

Great.

Here's an other question:

Do you have the powersaving features from Kernel SuperZaxxon 1.5?

The SD installer downloads the rootfs, and you choose the folder. So if you can select a usb key.

Yup, the powersaving functions are added.

For now i enable usb by default.

Now I have Salckware and a verry hard time will start for you.

How do I enable Wifi?

When using "Toggle Wifi" in Xfce menue I always get the message: Disable Wifi?

How do I mount my SD/USB?

I couldn't mount them.

Is it because they're fat32?

Removing and plugging in doesn't help.

Here the error message:

Code:
Unable to mount "SD/MMC Drive":

Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.47" (uid=1000 pid=2192 comm="exo-mount) interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0 pid=1221 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))

That's the most important for now.

There's some more but no Wifi and no external dirvers make it hard to install packages and upgrades.

I'm downloading the current version at the moment.

I think it's better for me to use that version.

I don't need it for work or as a server at the moment.

If there's need to work with a stable OS I still can use Zaxxon.

Now I have Salckware and a verry hard time will start for you.
Hehe

How do I enable Wifi?

When using "Toggle Wifi" in Xfce menue I always get the message: Disable Wifi?
It's a right click on the wifi icon in the system tray.

How do I mount my SD/USB?

I couldn't mount them.

Is it because they're fat32?

Removing and plugging in doesn't help.

Here the error message:

Code:
Unable to mount "SD/MMC Drive":

Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.47" (uid=1000 pid=2192 comm="exo-mount) interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0 pid=1221 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))
Never see that. I'll take a look.

That's the most important for now.

There's some more but no Wifi and no external dirvers make it hard to install packages and upgrades.

I'm downloading the current version at the moment.

I think it's better for me to use that version.

I don't need it for work or as a server at the moment.

If there's need to work with a stable OS I still can use Zaxxon.
Ok. Report anything you can, you already helped me well ^^.

Hi, message from Slackware.

I got the current version installed now.

It's my first slackware post :D .

The current version has a wifi icon in the tolbar and I was able to get a wireless connection.

It was strange.

I was able to select my network but I couldn't connect.

I had to go into Vpn connections and edit my connection.

Here I had to insert the password of mz network.

Connection worked then.

I was not asked to type in the password of my network when right click on the icon and selecting it directly.

Couldn't solve the SD-Problem.

What do I have to do to change the keyboard layout. You know, I have a German one.

Is it just my SD or why is slackware so slow. When typing this there's a huge delay between typing a letter and it's appereance on the screen.

(Sorry for those Y and Z mistakes. I have to change those letters as fast as possible. :D )

Corrected them now on my desktop.

Later more.

It has good speed now.

Don't know what was the problem but a reboot gave me some nice speed improvements.

Not as fast as Zaxxon but verry good usable now.

Yup, seems wpa needs a manual edition (but i doubt it was the vpn menu ^^).

For the keyboard, try to type:

setxkbmap de

If it's the good one, then create an autolauncher in Xfce settings -> session and startup.

For the SD card permissions, you didn't pushed UP when creating an account.

So be root using su, the edit /etc/group , and add your username to audio cdrom floppy plugdev video power netdev .

You have to log out after that, or simply reboot.

Back