Rebirth Competition Release Thread

What happened to the "Download Everything" link? I didn't have a chance to grab them until just now. Do I have to download them one at a time?

Ok, ok, I'm not that lazy :p

Since there've been quite a few updates and bugfixes already, I took it down, as I don't stand a chance constantly updating all apps in there :)

Since there've been quite a few updates and bugfixes already, I took it down, as I don't stand a chance constantly updating all apps in there :)

So when we vote, should we be voting for the most up to date versions of the applications or as they were submitted on deadline day?

Also I'm a little curious as to what we should be voting for, it seems hard to say what is the 'best' entry as it is quite difficult to compare the relative merits of original software and a port.

I'm not overly familiar with coding competitions, so I'm not too sure of the etiquette involved.

WIth this many particiants and such a broad scale of application categories, voting is going to be HARD.

Vote for N°6 (even if he's not a number).

vote_for_number_six.jpg

I installed all pnds on a SD card. Now my (both) nubs are not working anymore. I tried the SD card also with my second Pandora. Now the nubs are not working on both Pandoras. I don't get them working again. I removed all SD cards and removed battery, but nothing helps. First I thought the hardware is defect. Then I tried my RISC OS driver and the nubs are working in RISC OS, but not in Angstrom Linux. Both Pandoras are configured to boot to minimenu. The rebirth Pandora has Super Zaxxon Beta 2. It is also not working with the experimental kernel. The older Pandora has Hotfix 6. Does somebody know what causes this problem?

By the way DEADLY CAVES is only working on the newer Pandora. It doesn't start on the old Pandora. I didn't tested the new link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you tried the nub configurator to reset and write the fresh setting ?

Good idea, the nubs were configured to joysticks. It is now working again. Thanks.

It happens from time to time. It may be an app that crashes and does not restore the original setting.

This explains it. There were several apps crashing: Deadly Caves, Dino Defense and Pandafe.

It happens from time to time. It may be an app that crashes and does not restore the original setting.
Good idea, the nubs were configured to joysticks. It is now working again. Thanks.

that could very well be mine (BetaBlockQuest), seems the restore setting part isn't working (the game doesn't crash, it just fails to restore due to some bug).

anything that's pandora-specific and differs from the "average" linux system is really hard for me to fix it as I don't have a Pandora yet due to the CC mess, sorry.

EDIT:

I made a new build, it might fix the nub restoration issue.

http://rv6502.com/do...ive=bbq_pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
could just be me, but does anyone else think another week before voting would be a good idea? ive yet to spend 30min on any game, while ive got some OS images ready for qemu, ive yet to even start using it, and the whole easter/passover thing takes away from precious time as well. I'd get a much better opinion of all the software released if given another week at it

Uploading a new -current Slackware 4 Pandora rootfs.

Including the new git kernel that speeds up the SD access, and a surprise ;) .

Check this out:

Just to let you know:

I'm preparing the voting, so it should start soon :)

The version you are voting for does NOT have to be the Rebirth version, you can give your vote based on the final update.

Bugs always do happen, it's just important to find and fix them, so the public release before the votings was a good idea :)

Ok, but please let us know: why does the voting start a whole week later than pronounced?

Back