Rebirth Competition Release Thread

I am OT so, if this post is not well accepted please remove it but... since the Caanoo community is in very difficult in these days could the developers make even a caanoo / wiz version of the games / apps?

If I am too OT delete this post.... but just to ask the pandora developers to help us...

Sorry for the english

- Roberto

I am OT so, if this post is not well accepted please remove it but... since the Caanoo community is in very difficult in these days could the developers make even a caanoo / wiz version of the games / apps?

Polyhedra runs on both, here the beta version for now:

pickle.gp2x.de/poly/polyhedra-caanoo.zip

pickle.gp2x.de/poly/polyhedra-wiz.zip

Pickle, you're so generous i almost want to ask you for some money ^^.

To the developers: Feel free to update your entries and do bugfixing as much as you like.

Just making sure: I can add features to PNDManager before the voting?

Last edited by a moderator:
To the developers: Feel free to update your entries and do bugfixing as much as you like.

Just making sure: I can add features to PNDManager before the voting?

+1. Is an update including graphics & levels allowed?

Looking good! Pretty good display already what with shadows and so on, and render speed seems pretty good when not chunking.

But also .. a 1616b compressed ray tracer? is thaty doing a lot of heavy lifting on the GPU or using lots of shared libs, or purely standalone? Nice ;)

jeff

So who else noticed that the release of Rebirth entries saw us break the visitor record?

Most members ever online in one day was 457, last accomplished on 04 Apr 2012.

(from forum home page)

That's logged in members only. Based on my casual observations, about 80% of visitors at any given moment seem to be lurkers (hola, lurkers). So it seems like a nice little surge of interest. :)

Looking good! Pretty good display already what with shadows and so on, and render speed seems pretty good when not chunking.

I'm still trying to find a way to force the linux kernel to NOT give priority to the chunk-generating thread but seem the kernel's "fair" scheduling ends up penalizing the game's main thread (render+AI), in favor of the generator thread and takes too long to switch back to the main thread.

this seem to be the main causes of the stuttering.

EDIT: I tried setting the chunk generator thread policy to SCHED_BATCH and SCHED_IDLE but got no apparent improvement.

I might end up using fibers and cooperative task switching instead (makecontext, swapcontext) with a timer to control the scheduling myself from userspace.

But also .. a 1616b compressed ray tracer? is thaty doing a lot of heavy lifting on the GPU or using lots of shared libs, or purely standalone? Nice ;)
its a 16bit DOS executable, no GPU, all software, no external libs, all x86 assembly code.

and its really slow :) (size was the goal).

Congrats to everyone who participated! Sadly I still don't have a Pandora version running of my game.

What happened to the "Download Everything" link? I didn't have a chance to grab them until just now. Do I have to download them one at a time?

Ok, ok, I'm not that lazy :p

Back