Reality Check - Shipping Date

GunPei2X posted on May 18 2009 at 11:23 PM) [quote="christo930 posted on May 18 2009 at 09:22 PM said:
I don't know how many Wiz units have shipped, but it most likely will be way more than 4k by the end of the summer. They may have shipped that many already.
They haven't even made that many.

btw I thought after the first batch is done (moulds made, etc"], OP could churn out five thousand a month or some ridiculous number if they had to. Wether the market is there to support it is the real determination. I reckon it will be.[/quote]It's funny you should mention that as play-asia is out of Wiz units and expects a new shipment in 2-4 weeks or something. So either it is selling like mad, or they didn't have that many units to begin with. Maybe Craig on someone can chime in here. Does anyone know how many P-A had or how many have been sold through to the consumer so far?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
What's killing me about this is that all of these updates on the forums are so vague. It's almost kind of funny that Craig can type one sentence and we all obsess about it for days. :D

b_o_b posted on May 18 2009 at 02:08 PM said:
I don't think they are trying to give us a wrong impression of the date now. What happens now is mainly amateurism. If I would shift with launchdates like that where I work, I would have been fired a long time ago.
This project has been set up by people without experience and in an industry where it seems keeping promises and deadlines are exceptions. A small player like this will also have huge problems to demand anything from suppliers.
One thing you (or all of us) might consider is that they were as excited as everyone else and maybe got caught up in the enthusiasm which was untempered by experience (with leading this type of project).

If I needed a fix for a holiday, I recommend a Dingoo over a Wiz.

On Topic:
I think we are looking at late June for non US 1st hundred.
July for US early orders and half the remaining.
Finish August
Start 2nd batch if the whole sh!thouse don't go up in flames ie T/I goes bankrupt anymore than the rest of the world.

Thanks for listening

Link

Here's a solution: place bets on when we think the Pandora will arrive with actual money, all funds being donated to the dev fund. The person closest to the final release date gets... well, the congratulations of having the most accurate prediction or something. It'll keep us interested while at the same time send some money to the dev fund. :)

Xian Long posted on May 18 2009 at 08:29 PM said:
here's another idea: cyrogenically freeze yourself until the pandora's release date. (this might take a while...)

I'd rather buy a Dingoo, not a fan of the shrinkage.

Mjlink posted on May 19 2009 at 06:11 AM) [quote="Xian Long posted on May 18 2009 at 08:29 PM said:
here's another idea: cyrogenically freeze yourself until the pandora's release date. (this might take a while..."]
I'd rather buy a Dingoo, not a fan of the shrinkage.[/quote]I'd be a little more worried about the damage to my cells

Chris

Mjlink posted on May 19 2009 at 03:18 AM said:
If I needed a fix for a holiday, I recommend a Dingoo over a Wiz.

Well, I guess it's got to be better than taking a wiz over a Dingo.

God Ginrai posted on May 18 2009 at 08:00 PM said:
If you say you are waiting for something, you imply that everything is fine on your end and you are waiting for the other end to follow through. Which means, unless Craig has a bad understanding of the English language, then yes, the days are indeed already ticking away.

-God Ginrai
Except, there have been quite a few occasions where something we were told (which could only be interepreted a certain way under the english language) has turned out to mean something completly different!
(I seem to recall being told that the bank order screw up had NOTHING to do with them taking money for something which didn't exist, only to find out that they meant it DID have quite alot to do with it, and we'd misinterpreted it.... same with the numberpads and quite alot of ther things too)

I would have thought by now people had given up trying to predict, and had stopped pinning any hope at all on oblique references hidden in a stream of posts.
It'll be out when its out.
If you're getting antsy, do what any sane person would have done 9 months ago and buy something else while you wait!

maxSteiner posted on May 20 2009 at 10:33 AM said:
God Ginrai posted on May 18 2009 at 08:00 PM said:
If you say you are waiting for something, you imply that everything is fine on your end and you are waiting for the other end to follow through. Which means, unless Craig has a bad understanding of the English language, then yes, the days are indeed already ticking away.
-God Ginrai
Except, there have been quite a few occasions where something we were told (which could only be interepreted a certain way under the english language) has turned out to mean something completly different!
(I seem to recall being told that the bank order screw up had NOTHING to do with them taking money for something which didn't exist, only to find out that they meant it DID have quite alot to do with it, and we'd misinterpreted it.... same with the numberpads and quite alot of ther things too)

If you could show me some references to prove your point, that would be greatly appreciated, because I don't know of any of the times you are mentioned, and I believe you are greatly mistaken about the bank issue.

maxSteiner posted on May 20 2009 at 10:33 AM said:
If you're getting antsy, do what any sane person would have done 9 months ago and buy something else while you wait!
or just wait patiently.

-God Ginrai

Waiting patiently for a device which is a year overdue isn't sane :p

As for your request that I trawl through the forum, well, If you honestly don't think theres been numerous occasions where it turns out that Craig has been a little..... cryptic in his posts on the progress of the Pandora resulting in confusions when it turned out he meant something different, thats fine. I just happen to remember things differently :D
I don't really think anything I post will change your mind by this point will it?

It's nothing malicious, its just how busness concerns operate. Trying to imply Craig wouldn't do something like that is an insult to his business acumen!

As for the banking thing, I'm not sure I am that far off the mark either, doesn't change things in the slightest, its just a little more believable than the bank getting all nasty and unreasonable (especially when its a pretty common requirement for CC transactions... and the same exact thing happened with Paypall.)

maxSteiner posted on May 20 2009 at 11:01 AM said:
Waiting patiently for a device which is a year overdue isn't sane :p
As for your request that I trawl through the forum, well, If you honestly don't think theres been numerous occasions where it turns out that Craig has been a little..... cryptic in his posts on the progress of the Pandora resulting in confusions when it turned out he meant something different, thats fine. I just happen to remember things differently :D
I don't really think anything I post will change your mind by this point will it?

It's nothing malicious, its just how busness concerns operate. Trying to imply Craig wouldn't do something like that is an insult to his business acumen!

As for the banking thing, I'm not sure I am that far off the mark either, doesn't change things in the slightest, its just a little more believable than the bank getting all nasty and unreasonable (especially when its a pretty common requirement for CC transactions... and the same exact thing happened with Paypall.)

Oh, I admit Craig has been cryptic. But when someone is vague or cryptic, it means that there are multiple ways to understand what they said in the English language, but they didn't give you enough information to determine which way to understand it. There's only one way to understand waiting, however.

-God Ginrai

Yeah, but when 30 days since that post have passed, and it turns out craig meant something else what are you going to say? :D

For that matter, saying that something is the last thing you are waiting on, doesn't even imply its coming anytime soon.
I'm waiting for DC to admit that a new Azreal that isn't Jean Paul Valey is stupid, makes no sense and really is just painful.
It should happen as soon as they read wht they've published and realised how crap it is.
Doesn't mean that 30 dys down the line they're going to relaunch with the right Azreal though :D

I just think, it'll come when it comes.
I don't think there's going to be such a huge delay between first and second wave's anymore, so I have no real stake in when it comes out, especially since my GP2x does most of what I wanted thanks to open2x :D

maxSteiner posted on May 20 2009 at 11:22 AM said:
Yeah, but when 30 days since that post have passed, and it turns out craig meant something else what are you going to say? :D
I'll just say that Craig doesn't have a good understanding of the English language. If you remember, that was my qualifier for my statements in my earlier posts.

maxSteiner posted on May 20 2009 at 11:22 AM said:
For that matter, saying that something is the last thing you are waiting on, doesn't even imply its coming anytime soon.
I'm waiting for DC to admit that a new Azreal that isn't Jean Paul Valey is stupid, makes no sense and really is just painful.
It should happen as soon as they read wht they've published and realised how crap it is.
Doesn't mean that 30 dys down the line they're going to relaunch with the right Azreal though :D

I just think, it'll come when it comes.
I don't think there's going to be such a huge delay between first and second wave's anymore, so I have no real stake in when it comes out, especially since my GP2x does most of what I wanted thanks to open2x :D
Of course it doesn't mean it's coming anytime soon. But when you say that you are waiting, you are saying that everything is done on your end and that everything else that has to be done to accomplish what you are waiting for can not and is not supposed to be accomplished by you.

-God Ginrai

Why is it that when we have threads like this, obsessing over something Craig or someone else said, they (the person who said the original thing) don't step in and clarify? It would only take a moment. :(

Back