Reality Check - Shipping Date

It's not a PSP2 it's just a PSP (It's called "PSP Go!") with a harddrive or flashdrive but with no UMD drive with a couple of added non gaming features. It's pointless to put anymore time into that than is already put into cracking regular PSPs because the whole point of it is to try and stop piracy and hacking. It's not an open platformand as such it's just a pain to concider doing anything with it other than playing PSP games.

And yes I agree that the minute you start bringing up the shipping date question again it's time for you to take a week off because there's never going to be a real answer to that until probably a week before it actually DOES ship.

They don't need to delay deliverment of already ordered and paid pandora for that; conversely, it may be good for them to be ready to accept preorders for batch 2 in the autumn, and that means having at least started shipping batch 1. Of course, if production times allow for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Im getting so fucked up and crazy about all these estimations..i need my pandora in end july or else i will have a more boring summer vacation.... :( cant craig, mwnewston or evildragon respond please?

borgqueenx posted on May 18 2009 at 09:10 AM said:
Damn! Im getting so fucked up and crazy about all these estimations..i need my pandora in end july or else i will have a more boring summer vacation.... :( cant craig, mwnewston or evildragon respond please?
They can't because they don't know either. Throwing in another guesstimate wouldn't do any good. My personal guess lies still in june (for my unit to arrive). Yes, I am an optimist.

B-ZaR posted on May 18 2009 at 07:14 AM) [quote="borgqueenx posted on May 18 2009 at 09:10 AM said:
They can't because they don't know either. Throwing in another guesstimate wouldn't do any good. My personal guess lies still in june (for my unit to arrive"]. Yes, I am an optimist.[/quote]I would love my Pandy for my holiday (caravan holiday down south with wife and kids - so might have some boring evening's available to play some retro goodness!) but if it doesn't arrive on time I don't mind too much, I still have my GBA and GP32 with plenty of games I've yet to complete...damn that Head Over Heals (speccy) when WILL I defeat you!

I've also, taken my mind off this forum for a bit whilst I work on my newly aquired hobby - Arcade Machines. I've just bought an old JAMMA cab I hope to MAME up! MMmmm, big arcade games and little arcade games.

My suggestion to all the impatient folk is: Do something different for now or try coding something up ready for the release. This project probably wouldn't even had existed if it wasn't for the pre-orders to fund it. So think yourself lucky to be part of it and just enjoy life in the meantime!

I'm going away in a week, I thought I'd definitely have it by now. I don't care, I am over it. Will just have to take my mp3 player and make do.

I would like a shipping date though, Not an exact one. Late July for example would be fine. We can argue until the sun the goes down about whether or not they should give us more information..

It would be cool if a mod stepped in and said here the deal.

joa posted on May 18 2009 at 09:27 AM said:
I'm going away in a week, I thought I'd definitely have it by now. I don't care, I am over it. Will just have to take my mp3 player and make do.
I would like a shipping date though, Not an exact one. Late July for example would be fine. We can argue until the sun the goes down about whether or not they should give us more information..

It would be cool if a mod stepped in and said here the deal

I'm in the same boat... well not literally of course, dunno where you're going!
I'm away to Argentina on May 26th! Was hoping to have a new toy for the loooooong plane ride.

Well it appears every here has some reason for wanting the Pandora by a certain date.
Myself that date would be the end of July as I am going to Canada in August. I would be nice to have something to use on the plane, however if it doesn't arrive before that it isn't really a problem. If it arrives while I'm away however that will create a problem as I will have to either make arrangements for someone to collect it or instruct the post office to keep it there and not return it to sender (They are never to keen on this option).

Prophet posted on May 17 2009 at 11:51 PM said:
Honestly, just concentrate on other things until one day you hear Pandora is finally done. That's what I'm doing. The Wiz is out now for example, and will probably become a nice homebrew platform in the coming months.
Please clarify. Does this mean we should find an additional £130 for a Wiz to enjoy it's homebrew scene, or are you suggesting we should cancel our Pandora orders and buy a Wiz?

Or, are you suggesting that we should all have enough money to keep up going while we wait or a product that we paid for in September, and was supposed to be delivered 6 months ago?

The Pandora was NEVER going to ship by the original shipping date (late 2008) given all the additional things the DEV team have had to test/overcome.

I personally think we are looking at the back end of this year - this is a BIG disappointment but for the BEST its worth waiting for!!!!!!!

haha it is a never ending cycle.

boards: we want updates!
pandora team: gives small update
boards: we want big updates!
pandora team: gives big update
boards: when is it going to be released?
Pandora team: soon™
boards: we want updates !

CC_machine posted on May 17 2009 at 11:16 PM) [quote="Izolo posted on May 17 2009 at 10:08 PM) I hope it isn't outdated by it's release. For all we know point five on the checklist hasn't even started yet. "Create mould of final case (can be done once the case fits said:
It hasn't. It can only begin once the test device is certified OK, which hasn't been ticked off.

Let's see. Allow ~2 weeks for stability testing, then 1 week for the first mass produced Pandoras to be tested. Earliest date possible (unlikely) would be 5th July. If the test device was completed testing today (17th may"].

First pandora. And add shipping time to that. Please someone tell me I've missed something out that'll speed things up a little?[/quote]add to that 2-3 return trips of a parcel from mweston to the chinese fab (~8-12 weeks) and you are in the right ballpark i'd guess.

edit: typo

gibberish posted on May 18 2009 at 08:44 AM said:
july? No i dont think so... It'll be october ish at best imo.
I think your opinion is invalid in this case.

atomicthumbs posted on May 18 2009 at 11:48 AM said:
gibberish posted on May 18 2009 at 08:44 AM said:
july? No i dont think so... It'll be october ish at best imo.
I think your opinion is invalid in this case.
I think "Name that tune" is the only guessing game with any merit. This is just getting annoying. People are just blindly sticking their finger on a calendar and guessing the date it lands on. This isn't going to find us the real date any faster, so just wait for Craig and Co. to give you an answer and/or estimation.

-God Ginrai

@ borgqueenx

we can only go off what the official website says, so thats 30-35 days + 2 for burn-in + unknown for ce&fcc + stability testing (which I assume is going on now) + mass production + "test the boards" (which sounds similar to "stability testing" but i aint no expert) + a month if you are last in the list.

So.. if you are last in the list an unknown amount of time + 32-37 days + 30 days.

i wonder what the interest is on the best part of 1 million GBP as it decrease while parts are bought etc.

Back