Pandora Emulator While We Wait?

RMJ250

ok, so I am going nuts waiting for my Pandora (I'm placed 1100-1200) and I'm not sure how much more F5 action my laptop can take. I don't want to take resources away from the team making them, but is there an emulator, I and people patiently waiting could try so we could get a Pandora fix, trying out pnd's and testing them etc? I know there was one ages ago but it must be very out of date now?

Thanks,

J (with no finger nails)

RMJ250 said:
ok, so I am going nuts waiting for my Pandora (I'm placed 1100-1200) and I'm not sure how much more F5 action my laptop can take. I don't want to take resources away from the team making them, but is there an emulator, I and people patiently waiting could try so we could get a Pandora fix, trying out pnd's and testing them etc? I know there was one ages ago but it must be very out of date now?

Thanks,

J (with no finger nails)
JayFox has a qemu-based one, might be a bit tricky to set up though - anyway, he'd probably be the one to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can pretty much just install and run linux with xfce, then set the resolution to 800x480 and get a similar experience. I figure you could compile and set up minimenu and the whole PND system to take x86 PNDs, if you're jonesing that bad for the same experience.

Honestly, the whole benefit of the Pandora is in the hardware and form-factor, not being able to run software that you can generally get running on a regular PC anyway.

paulguy said:
You can pretty much just install and run linux with xfce, then set the resolution to 800x480 and get a similar experience. I figure you could compile and set up minimenu and the whole PND system to take x86 PNDs, if you're jonesing that bad for the same experience.

Honestly, the whole benefit of the Pandora is in the hardware and form-factor, not being able to run software that you can generally get running on a regular PC anyway.

lol, yes I guess I could, I'm already running Linux and yes it wouldn't be quite the same experience (controls/form factor) but I guess I just want to get a taster of the Pandora to keep me going.... (and some of the games I never worked out how to install in Linux and pnd's are already filling up the App store.. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back