Question On Estimated Ship Date

Is there noone else in Fatih's place of business that can forward the clear CNC to MWeston? That just sounds daft.

Last edited by a moderator:
how long was it going to take to fix the firmware on 8,000 nubs

Please don't take this as flaming, but I did find this amusing :). The nubs themselves are just molded pieces of plastic, thankfully.

Seriously, though, they definitely have to be done right, so whatever time needed to be taken to get those issues resolved was well spent. At this point I'm not surprised or annoyed in any way by the delays, both because they are nothing new and because the development team is small and scattered across the globe. I'm amazed at how much has been accomplished - this effort truly is a shining example of open-source collaboration.

On a side note, I ordered a Dell netbook the other day, so I'll have something to play with while I wait :lol: .

'Dr.PHP' said:
Please don't take this as flaming, but I did find this amusing :). The nubs themselves are just molded pieces of plastic, thankfully.
if you think thats flaming then i hope i only ever get "flamed" like that for the rest of my time here! anyway, the nubs are more than just plastic, they have their own chips and stuff so they need to be plugged in and.. reflashed or whatever. either way i am guessing there isnt an easy way to do it all en-masse and may need to be done individually.

'Dr.PHP' said:
Seriously, though, they definitely have to be done right, so whatever time needed to be taken to get those issues resolved was well spent. At this point I'm not surprised or annoyed in any way by the delays, both because they are nothing new and because the development team is small and scattered across the globe. I'm amazed at how much has been accomplished - this effort truly is a shining example of open-source collaboration.
+1 to this

RenegadeChic said:
'Dr.PHP' said:
if you think thats flaming then i hope i only ever get "flamed" like that for the rest of my time here! anyway, the nubs are more than just plastic, they have their own chips and stuff so they need to be plugged in and.. reflashed or whatever. either way i am guessing there isnt an easy way to do it all en-masse and may need to be done individually.

'Dr.PHP' said:
+1 to this

+1

I'm still hopeful for a june release...i'm away all of july so it would be a bummer if it didn't get to me then...
And in other news:
r00tw00t said:
You forgot:
* Create vaccine against Swine flu
I'm fearful...will the pandora be immune to swine flu?

magicman5421 said:
I'm still hopeful for a june release...
i don't think this is realistic. end of june is just 2 months away and we are just witnesing that the turnaround time for a tiny modification of the case is about 2 months.

Maybe I can get one from the second batch for my birthday in May.

Of 2010.

:D

:(

Okay, but seriously, I'm inclined to think that the first batch will be out by early/mid summer, and second batch by late autumn/early winter. I hope it's sooner, but I really don't know anymore.

Maybe one of the team could give us an update so we have a better idea.

hch said:
magicman5421 said:
I'm still hopeful for a june release...
i don't think this is realistic. end of june is just 2 months away and we are just witnesing that the turnaround time for a tiny modification of the case is about 2 months.

Is it 2 months? They haven't got them yet...

...but the case modifications will not cause any delay ;)

I think the end of July would be quite optimistic, so I'd say August/September... I'd hope no later than that ! When after the first preorders people were still talking about December release, I figured THAT probably wouldn't happen, but at the time I also thought it certainly wouldn't go past April.

I just kind of wait for those major things to happen, but they don't really come that often... And when they do happen, some minor delays have also surfaced in the meantime. So I think little pessimism is healthy in this situation.

I'd guess September at the earliest.

Back