Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

Sure throw cold water on the poor guys hopes.

Ordered April 2009 :)
Obviously if you didn't order the first day and within the first 12 hours your at the end of the queue no matter how long after that you ordered. I think you might only be a week after I get mine, I'm like 3 AM on day two and almost half of them are out and I still haven't gotten mine.

So keep your hopes up, everyone who didn't order on day one is pretty much in the same boat.
That doesn't sound right, as my order was on October 5, and as mentioned earlier, was quoted at 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ If that was meant as a response to me, I was saying that the estimation of 12 hours was wrong, not necessarily the queue no. ;)

So, I'm around 1500 in line. And no Pandora. Guess I will never get one then.

You know I ordered mine 1st october 2008 and I just have had enough of this crap. Waiting, promises, deceptions, promises, waiting, hoping, waiting, deceptions etc. You know what I am talking about. I just cancelled my order, because since I already have a GP2X F100, a GP2x F200, 3 PSP's, a NDS, a PS2, 2 PS3's, a Wii and an XBox360, I don't reaaally need another gadget. You know back in 2008 I really wanted a Pandora, now I don't see the point anymore. I probably will be able to buy the new PSP before I would have gotten my bloody Pandora. Sorry, but I just have had enough. I wish the OP Team all the best though, for having the courage and investing all that time in the project. Me, I just don't have that patience.

You know I ordered mine 1st october 2008 and I just have had enough of this crap. Waiting, promises, deceptions, promises, waiting, hoping, waiting, deceptions etc. You know what I am talking about. I just cancelled my order, because since I already have a GP2X F100, a GP2x F200, 3 PSP's, a NDS, a PS2, 2 PS3's, a Wii and an XBox360, I don't reaaally need another gadget. You know back in 2008 I really wanted a Pandora, now I don't see the point anymore. I probably will be able to buy the new PSP before I would have gotten my bloody Pandora. Sorry, but I just have had enough. I wish the OP Team all the best though, for having the courage and investing all that time in the project. Me, I just don't have that patience.

So why wait for over 2 years just to pull out at the last minute ? You should have just cancelled a couple of months after buying it. Or waited...

^ It's his decision and we should respect it. His patience probably just ended. No shame in that.

^ It's his decision and we should respect it. His patience probably just ended. No shame in that.

Yes just couldn't wait any longer, sorry, but since I am playing GT5 everyday allday long now anyways, I spent the money on a nice wheel. I hope you guys will enjoy the pandora to the fullest, I might buy one when(I doubt that will ever happen) they are actually in stock ;-)

So why wait for over 2 years just to pull out at the last minute ? You should have just cancelled a couple of months after buying it. Or waited...

Well as I said you hope to get one very soon, then u realize, oh no it will take a while, then again you get good news, but still no pandora etc etc etc, endless story. Anyway, no offence mate I just gave up after hoping and respecting and waiting for (in my oppinion) a bit too long. peace

Yay, I'll get my pandora one pandora sooner
rolleyes.gif

I can understand that you got bored with the waiting.

I've only waited for a bit more than a year.

If it was two years, I would probably have bought a beagleboard and stuck to DS, PSP and/or Wiz for portable gaming.

After more than two years of waiting, I planned to cancel in January when the team failed to deliver three Christmases in a row.

In December ED asked us to not cancel before the end of January and after some serious thinking I decided to give him just that one more month.

I'm glad I did, my unit arrived last week and I'm very happy with it. I understand people willing to cancel all to well, but real progress is being made and your unit will come if you hang in there. Had I canceled in December then I'm sure I would be regretting it right now.

Yes just couldn't wait any longer, sorry, but since I am playing GT5 everyday allday long now anyways, I spent the money on a nice wheel. I hope you guys will enjoy the pandora to the fullest, I might buy one when(I doubt that will ever happen) they are actually in stock ;-)
Umm... You know you could just order one of the ones that is garuanteed to ship within 7 days? The page is down at the moment, but the link was here.

Umm... You know you could just order one of the ones that is garuanteed to ship within 7 days? The page is down at the moment, but the link was here.
But that is $180 extra, maybe he didn't want to pay that.

I'll hold on to the bitter end. I would have ordered the express Pandora but a few days before they were actually sold Craigix said 850-950 should ship that weekend, I should have just not replaced should with will in my head so it is my fault, and I ordered two more 32GB SD cards($99.62), a 750 GB drive($79.99) and a better external case for said drive($20.00) so I'm all tapped out. Like I said, my fault, I jumped the gun and confused 'will' with 'should'.

Sad thing is I could have saved $20 on the external case but I wanted one with eSATA and my MB just died, so I don't have eSATA anymore, my other PC doesn't have it. That still wouldn't have saved enough to justify spending another $180 for the express unit. I wish I didn't buy that stuff and just went for the express unit. If I don't have mine in say a month then I'll get an express unit.

THAT is also a reason I cancelled, I mean really... WTF? people are waiting for years and then some rich spoilt kids can get it within a week. NO WAY, this is seriously pissing me off. IM OUT

Some News about the next 300 Boards, they should arive next week?

I dont expekt to get my unit this week, but hope i get it in 2 Weeks..

I'll hold on to the bitter end. I would have ordered the express Pandora but a few days before they were actually sold Craigix said 850-950 should ship that weekend, I should have just not replaced should with will in my head so it is my fault, and I ordered two more 32GB SD cards($99.62), a 750 GB drive($79.99) and a better external case for said drive($20.00) so I'm all tapped out. Like I said, my fault, I jumped the gun and confused 'will' with 'should'.

Sad thing is I could have saved $20 on the external case but I wanted one with eSATA and my MB just died, so I don't have eSATA anymore, my other PC doesn't have it. That still wouldn't have saved enough to justify spending another $180 for the express unit. I wish I didn't buy that stuff and just went for the express unit. If I don't have mine in say a month then I'll get an express unit.

I also spent all my available cash on 'extras' just before this move was announced. Ext. 1TB HD, 3G USB Stick, and 2 x 32gb SD cards (but those were a couple of weeks earlier).

It's frustrating because I would have budgeted in order to upgrade if only I'd known.

... now I have to wait. :unsure: :(

I'm glad I did, my unit arrived last week and I'm very happy with it. I understand people willing to cancel all to well, but real progress is being made and your unit will come if you hang in there. Had I canceled in December then I'm sure I would be regretting it right now.

If your order was after Sep 30 2008 20:56, do you mind adding your details to this list (assuming it was a regular, non-premium delivery from Craig's shop)?

Number of orders per per team member.

I wonder if filling in those quotes will make life easier. It won't make life easier for the guys who are putting these devices together. People will start saying so and so should step up the pace and such. Besides it also creates a false sense of accuracy. No matter what they do - other then just trying their very best at producing and finishing those units - there's nothing else they can do. Every bit of information given is weighed and re-read over and over again and in the past people have been drawing quite interesting conclusion deducing all sorts of things based upon very little information.

All you yourself have to decide is whether you want to wait it out and receive your Pandora or if you want to bail out. Lots of folk have been waiting for a long time but things are getting into motion.

I myself was in the 600-700 order cue and my last email was from may 2010. Last week I got an email stating that my pandora was shipping the next day and it did through UPS (I live in the Netherlands). It arrived last Thursday and I must say I am a happy camper ever since. The Pandora I got could be an even 'better' Pandora than some of the folk who got theirs last summer as even more of the problems have been corrected and the build quality and the level of finish is super. I think it was definitely worth the wait and like I said I was in cue at a position between 600-700 so people who ordered quite a bit later on in the game should be starting to receive their Pandoras soon.

I thought it was far better to receive a 100% working and well put together Pandora a little later on in the game. Kudos to the team as they are working very precisely and that really shows. My father in-law was the first person outside of myself to actually operate the Pandora (he's a retired engineer who worked for Philips and knows quite a bit about the production of consumer electronics) and he was impressed. He's been following the baby steps of Pandora as a lurker in these forums for years and was very excited that I got mine. He's not so much a gamer but sure was impressed by what has been accomplished.

I agree. I understand his frustration too because two years in counting is not as exciting anymore waiting for a device as it was the first couple of months or even one year. The team should focus on getting those deliveries out now and honor those who stick with it so we can move on.

If your order was after Sep 30 2008 20:56, do you mind adding your details to this list (assuming it was a regular, non-premium delivery from Craig's shop)?
It wasn't. I ordered in Germany (non-premium) somewhere between 17:00 and 19:00 CET (don't exactly remember) on the first day. Arrived Jan. 26th.

Back