Quick summary of the last week (2011 - 02 - 01)

Pardon my asking, but... can't you access the database directly and query how many orders containing a pandora are in "complete" state? For example in a typical SQL DBMS this shouldn't be too difficult if the DB schema is properly designed.

I'm asking out of technical curiosity, not pandora info hunger :p

Total number of Pandora Orders in EvilDragons queue : about 600, I think (only Batch 1)

Total number of Pandora Orders delivered from EvilDragons queue : about 300 I think (only Batch 1)

Can only give estimations, as I forgot how many I got exactly as preorders (it was sooo long ago).

The orders are all in my shop system, together with WIZ, Caanoo, Accessories, etc. orders.

The not-yet-delivered orders have the status "Pandora Paid Preorder", but once I deliver it, it changes to "Complete", same status all other orders have.

So I can't figure out exactly how many I delivered already, I could only check how many there are left to deliver for me for Batch 1.

Thanks Ed. Now if Craig and Fatih fill in the rest of the blanks, then we will know exactly where we stand :)

Naaa, don't forget the 1/4th of units I get.

If 1600 units are in the wild, my shop got about 400 from them - and some one-nubbers who jumped the queue.

So Craig should be somewhere 950 - 1050 in his queue right now (just a guess from me).

But we're definately coming closer to your queue position each day :)

I agree with the people who think we shouldn't talk about the queue. Frankly, it seems to be less than impressively organised, even considering one-nubbers and whatever... And all this guesswork just makes people nervous. At least me, since I am supposed to be at "approximate queue position 750 - 850" and haven't heard a peep about receiving a machine yet. Nagging about the queue is probably just swamping Jacquleyn with inquires.

That said, a few more informative (and by "informative" I mean on a level of "Hey there, nothing much has happened, but we haven't forgotten about you, you're getting an OpenPandora!". Nothing more really) emails to customers would probably have been enough to keep people happy. Having to look around a forum, wading through tons of useless spam, to scrape up some bits and pieces of info after waiting more than two years... Well, it's not exactly optimal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Craig should be somewhere 950 - 1050 in his queue right now (just a guess from me).
By the looks of people's recent comments I think this may be maybe about 50-100 too many. I mean I would've probably already got my pandora a while ago if this were true!

Pardon my asking, but... can't you access the database directly and query how many orders containing a pandora are in "complete" state? For example in a typical SQL DBMS this shouldn't be too difficult if the DB schema is properly designed.

If it would be so easy... but osCommerce is pretty complex.

It doesn't save orders directly... it saves orders linked to items I have, shipping costs, customers, etc.

You can't just do one database query - you need to combine it with various queries to find out what you want...

This post is an attempt to clarify whats up and to decrease confusion. Mine and other's if possible.

I think a part of the general confusion and frustration going on revolves around language. We have several different metrics floating about and people are assuming they mean the same thing - but they don't. If anyone from OPL has more accurate numbers than the estimates I plugged in here, you're welcome to correct them.

Queue position number ranges:

During the banking/reorder/repay fiasco, emphasis was placed on people retaining their position in the queue if they re-paid. Numbers were given for approximate queue order position to Craig's customers.

From what I can tell, it appears that positions around 750 in Craig's queue are being serviced now?

Number of units produced:

Now that production is in swing again, the OPL team is reporting in terms of total units produced.

From what I can tell this is something in the range of 1250?

Number of units with parts available to assemble + those already produced:

ED's post above appears to work off of totals combining units produced plus the units that Craig, in theory, has all of the parts to make.

From what I can tell this is something in the range of 1800?

Where this gets frustrating is that people are assuming these metrics are measuring the same thing - they are not.

I'm glad production is back in the swing of things - and am looking forward to getting a Pandora.

Thank you.

I've read through most of Tuesday's posts this morning (I was busy yesterday, due to my final university term) and behalf of OP's supporters, I would like to express my deepest gratitude for banning Benji Stein (go back to Central Park, does anyone catch my reference?)

Here is my take on recent events:

CC can produce anywhere from 200-500 boards per week, more can (and most likely will) be produced as the Premium orders roll in. 70-100 actual Pandora's are assembled each day, depending on how many parts are in stock. At this point, other issues have been rectified, except for the raised hinge (which doesn't really matter (Cue "Bohemian Rhapsody"). Yes, I've had my fair share of skepticism, as has many here, but at least I bother to read the posts here. So this gives us an estimate of 250 Pandora's shipped each week.

4000 in Batch 1

+ 3000 in Batch 2 (Well, this is MY estimate, please correct me if I am wrong)

= 7000 Total

- 1800 produced as of yesterday (Status Page)

= 5200 remaining

/ 250 boards produced per week (This is a conservative number)

= 20.8 weeks remaining to finish current orders

These calculations are NOT based on any of the proposed speed increases, due to recent "Instant Pandora's."

Craig mentioned that he has hired a couple of extra workers (3?) and is working with CC to fast-track circuit board production.

I do have one question: Will CNY affect Pandora Shipments? It lasts 2 weeks, but most of the parts are already in the UK, so I would say no. I have followed the project since its inception in 2008, but finally saved up enough funds to purchase one at the end of September 2010. I surely hope that those who are Batch 1 purchasers are sticking with this project. Yes, I may be lurking amongst the light of Batch 2, but I DO care about everyone who has waited this long. Yeah, some of you may be thinking that premium orders may ninja your place in this godforsaken queue that people complain about. The way I see it, premium Pandora's will only help us in the long run. Those who can't wait, can crawl back into the hole from which they were summoned (unfortunately), and purchase a Wiz or Caanoo; with their poor official support, low battery life, screen and control issues, and NO backwards compatibility (well, there is Ginge). If you want to run Windows "Doors", need a newfangled "Y-Phone", or are looking for a device similar to the proposed "Gamebox" (good luck with that, as Onlive is produced already); then by all means, take the reins and gallop off into the distance, and have at it.

The Pandora is EXACTLY what I have envisioned since I was a kid (I'm almost 23, if forumites must know), except for the buttons in between the nubs, and I'm absolutely ecstatic that this device has come to fruition, despite frequent setbacks.

A clamshell design? Check.

Dual analog sticks AND a full keyboard? +2

It runs pretty much any classic game imaginable alongside entertainment and productivity applications? **** YEAH!

All of this AND a 10-hour battery life? I think I just soiled myself

I'm most looking forward to using the PDF Reader, AbiWord, Dia (it'll make project management exponentially simpler), SSH, The Battle for Wesnoth, Sonic Robo Blast 2, SimuTrains, Pandora Tombstone, OpenGlad, you name it, I'm there.

Angband will probably receive 1000+ hours of play, due to my 1200+ hours I've spent on Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure (GBC) on my GBA. I'm a classic gaming junkie, as I STILL haven't upgraded my Sega Genesis, PSX (the original one with the multiplayer jack), GBA, or Tiger Game Com (which I love, by the way).

That's all for now, may the Triforce be with you!

Clan Hyrule http://hylianclan.webs.com

This probably isn't the place to ask this. But, if I were to order an Open Pandora today how long would it be before I got my mitts on it?

This probably isn't the place to ask this. But, if I were to order an Open Pandora today how long would it be before I got my mitts on it?

It would ship within 7 days, the shipping you choose determines the amount of time it will take to arrive.

But why do it take 7 Days until he can put his hands on the pandora? 7 Day Premium Pandora?

Or dit Craigix mean that all Pandora are ready in 7 Days..?

But why do it take 7 Days until he can put his hands on the pandora? 7 Day Premium Pandora?

Or dit Craigix mean that all Pandora are ready in 7 Days..?
No, no, no! Premium Pandoras ship within 7 days, so it would be on the way to you, although not physically in your possession. Although one person who lives in the UK has gotten their premium Pandora today!

Wow! Over half seems great! I am in the 3000 range so I should be looking forward to my unit one of these weeks shipping out. Great job team!
Yepp, soon. The yneeded 2 years and 3 month for half the first batch, so you need to wait at maximum 2 years and 3 month from now on.

:)

Finger crossed for next week..

but

Craigix and EvilDragon dit have a lot of wiz in theyre warehouse, but this dosnt mean there wizards!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back