Pyra News: Springs are brilliant!

My other Thread is for Knife Talk..
Link? I would talk knives with you. Most of mine are antiques though.
(Found it. Offtopic area on these boards folks.)

On your above suggestion, I ordered one like your Swiss Army one. Victronox of course, the Wegner ones aren't orderable anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Almost one month without news, less preorders and no new preorders, new hardware way more powerful than Pyra beign launched.... I know all the shenanigans about this project (amateur, lack of time, bla, bla, bla...) but you stated one month ago that "the prototypes are now ready to be shipped to devs tomorrow" and we don't know even the devs has already received the prototypes and if they are working on the software side of the Pyra.
T.T.T.
Put up in a place
where it's easy to see
the cryptic admonishment
T.T.T.

When you feel how depressingly
slowly you climb,
it's well to remember that
Things Take Time.
https://allpoetry.com/T.T.T.
-edit- Trying to fix link

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
@pimaster parse P.P.P.

Pyra Preorder Payed
becoming
Paired Pads Patreon
while
Production Process Posted
and
Paradoxical Process Progress
resulting
Painful Palpitation Parcel
for
Pretty Palpable Pal
while
Passive Passenger Parlay
finally
Pyra Post Pandora

And what information would that be?
A couple of bits of information that I'd like to receive :

1) Do you still plan to produce the 2GB units bearing in mind that approx 98% of orders are for 4GB units?

2) Is this idea possible / plausible (for future production runs) in terms of design costs / difficulty of changing the molds?

Do you still plan to produce the 2GB units bearing in mind that approx 98% of orders are for 4GB units?
I have concerns that a large number of those that ordered the 4GB did so because they assumed that it was the same price as the 2GB (and why get 2 when you can get 4 for the same price) and will be incredibly surprised when EvilDragon sends them a letter telling them it's time to pay the remainder.

I have concerns that a large number of those that ordered the 4GB did so because they assumed that it was the same price as the 2GB
I don't remember that, but i think i remember the difference being quite small, but my memory isn't exactly great, so i could be wrong.

I have concerns that a large number of those that ordered the 4GB did so because they assumed that it was the same price as the 2GB (and why get 2 when you can get 4 for the same price) and will be incredibly surprised when EvilDragon sends them a letter telling them it's time to pay the remainder.

I have a similar but somewhat broader concern that many of the pre-orders may think that they have paid in full when the end price has always been "to be determined". As far as I know, only the prototype pre-pre-orders are 'paid in full' (and if I recall correctly, the only order type that is non-refundable). The rest are effectively DragonBox store credit vouchers and a hold on a place in line. I could be wrong in any or all of this though. But, I'm hoping that ED's estimates were good enough that the end price is pretty close to the reservation price.

I don't remember that, but i think i remember the difference being quite small, but my memory isn't exactly great, so i could be wrong.
That's just it, they are all different prices, ED made estimates at what the prices would be and if people actually read the FAQ page before hitting the order button they'd know this, but if they didn't and just went straight to the store you'd see the 4GB for 400eur and right beside it the 2GB for 400eur. The concern me and Grench share is that the number of people that skipped over the FAQ and went straight to the store pages is going to be higher than anticipated: me specifically because the "2GB and 4GB are the same price so I'll get the 4GB" will absolutely skew the numbers, and may be enough to make it look like there's no market for the 2GB when in fact there could be a very large market, but Grench makes an excellent point about the general case as well.

read the FAQ page before hitting the order button they'd know this, but if they didn't and just went straight to the store you'd see the 4GB for 400eur and right beside it the 2GB for 400eur.

I thought it was clear that these prices were a _deposit_? It's such a long time ago that I can't remember the details I read, but I do recall that it was clear to me at least.

I must admit, going back to look at the Pyra page on dragonbox.de, it's pretty large text describing the costs. It's not like it's hidden away on a seperate link.

As usual don't fret about keeping us posted, but don't forget that any tidbit is food for the news-hungry horde ;) Any time you spend to post here is much, much appreciated.
This completely matches my view too!
I am curious how follow through with preorders will pan out once final release details emerge. Just hoping there will be a positive surge.
I have a friend who waited to see it produced before ordering it, so I guess he is not alone and lot of new order will come once once Pyra starts shipping.

I thought it was clear that these prices were a _deposit_?
It is indeed written several times on multiple pages that the payment is a deposit and that the final prices are estimates. Having worked retail I can assure you that anything that is written down can very easily be not-read, and also forgotten later. This is especially true of any paragraph more than two sentences long.

Hi, I'm new to this forum because I rediscovered the Pyra recently. First heard of it about three years ago when my financial situation was not that good yet and completely forgot about it.
Anyway, personally I preordered the Pyra about two weeks ago and I chose the 4GB model just because it wasn't that much more expensive. I think the estimated price difference was about 30€ to 35€. Honestly I don't know if the additional 2GB of RAM make sense for what I plan to do with the device, I just wanted to have the "more powerful" version because no one can really say when or if upgrade boards will be available.
To me it was pretty clear that the price was just some kind of deposit. Hope that's the case for everyone. But I think most people who are into such a niche device like the Pyra probably take the time to read every bit of information they can get very carefully :p

Back