Pyra news partially stale from the dragon's mouth

Never mind Zwerg01, he's just trying to be the funny troll as usual, he knows there are more than 500 preorders.

As it had been said from the beginning, we're doing batches of 500. For the simple reason because I can't afford doing more at once.

I have to pay 60% of the costs for the Pyra PCBs upfront - and I even paid 100% for the first batch (because it took so long).
So once the remaining payments come in, the next batch will be ordered and GC will start it as soon as the the parts arrive.

BTW: Even though we've got a bit more than 1000 preorders, I doubt we'll need more than 1000 units.
There will be some who have completely forgotten about it or simply don't care about it anymore and have changed the email address or never reply. Some also might've died and no one knows about that.
There are always some who never react - but we'll see about that.

Of course I hope we can continue the production after 1000 as well. We've got over 2000 LCDs and batteries lying around and enough nubs for 5000 units :)
That makes me kinda nervous, as I ordered when there were 1100 orders ahead of me. :confused:

I will post pictures and experience, but I can’t that good compare anymore that much whit the Pandora, as my Pandora is a bit damaged now, (Shoulderbuttons) , only the overall look and feel comparison..

Whit best regards, Matthias

Take a look at your email confirmation of your preorder, check the date. Then head over to:
and see if you are in the first week (line 1). If so, you are likely, but not definitely in the first 500. Any other week and probably not.

Well, I ordered on the first day, but that still could mean that I am in the second set, I think, as a great many ordered on that day. I suppose that I should choose optimism.:)

@Haraldur: well only 563 were ordered in the first week, so unless they were ordered all on day 1 and you are in the last 63, you should get one from the first batch.
From @remjey's post, I around 405/406 as I'm caved in and ordered late on day 2.

Last edited:
I have to pay 60% of the costs for the Pyra PCBs upfront - and I even paid 100% for the first batch (because it took so long).
So once the remaining payments come in, the next batch will be ordered and GC will start it as soon as the the parts arrive.

Why is the donations page not working? "Sorry for the inconvenience"

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
Hmmmm, CEST timezone eh. I assume thats the timezone the dragonbox store operates under?

I think that puts me in the first hundred and fifty? :cool:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 4.37.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 4.37.32 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 117
I will post pictures when I get mine, but if I post any video there will be no sound as I am nervous.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
Take a look at your email confirmation of your preorder, check the date. Then head over to:
and see if you are in the first week (line 1). If so, you are likely, but not definitely in the first 500. Any other week and probably not.

That raises a good question: I ordered on day two, but due to daily limits in the infrastructure, my payment was not processed until day 10. Is my position in line based on when the voucher was delivered, or when I submitted the original order?

The position is determined when you placed the order, not when your payment arrived :)#

If all goes well, there will not be a huge gap (if any) between the batches.
With 250 delivered, I can pay and order the next batch.

And we WILL need some time to assemble these units, so it could be the next boards will be finished when the remaining 250 from the first batch have been delivered.

Money is really really tight, as everything did cost a LOT more than I expected (and I calculated in 100k EUR as safety - due to the issue, we got over that!). It won't be easy, but everything is manageable :)

The position is determined when you placed the order, not when your payment arrived :)#

If all goes well, there will not be a huge gap (if any) between the batches.
With 250 delivered, I can pay and order the next batch.

And we WILL need some time to assemble these units, so it could be the next boards will be finished when the remaining 250 from the first batch have been delivered.

Money is really really tight, as everything did cost a LOT more than I expected (and I calculated in 100k EUR as safety - due to the issue, we got over that!). It won't be easy, but everything is manageable :)
Charge what’s necessary to make a profit. You should have a good margin considering how long this has taken you and how much work it’s been.

Its sad to hear that the Pyra will cost you more than calculatet, EvilDragon, i dotnt mind to pay a higher Final Payment Price, and i think lots of the Preeorderers would also do this..

Whit this data, its no wonder why the 250 € Preeorder Price of the Pandora where quite unrealistic..

I finally cross referenced my emails with that list and I'm somewhere in the span of 321-323. I guess that means batch #2 unless around 75 people forget their preorder.
First batch should be 550, not 250. 250 is only the number needed to be shipped, before batch 2 can be ordered.
But the ranking may be incorrect due to pre-pre-oder conversions later than week 1. I assume they will be served first.

I think I have prepreorder pcb 144 so that will be in the first batch. I remember not being as timely with ordering as for my pandora. I do find the whole voucher + order process a bit complex, so I have no Idea how much I still have to pay (I hope ED does) I will chip in some extra for the hard work, and fun times following these projects. When do we preorder the upgrade CPU board? ;)

Back