Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

so the JIT may still be a bit unstable.
This is not Pandora specific right ?  
I don't think it is, it should be on all ARM Device, but I haven't tried.. I haven't touched the ARM JIT (except to disable one instruction that I found unstable).

To test the unstabilities, take Android v0.9.0 and launch Ridge Race 2. Take Arcade, and choose everything by default (track, car)... After 1st checkpoint, there is an S and a building on the left, and before you go in the mountain, it crash...

mana khemia student alliance just flickers in the loading menu. no flickering elsewhere.

I tested a bit too.

Mana Khemia need here the latest SGX Driver in the List.

When not crash it in Videos again.

The speed is incredible,i can partialy with the N Key speed up to 400 Percent of Original.

The Auto Frameskip work fine here.

Have some crashes too with other Games,but i think we only need more Experimenting with the Settings.

Its a huge speed improvement.

Wow. I try more and will report.

@ Shenmue : When it crashes in introvideos try the latest SGX Driver :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I tried using the latest SGX Driver. It fixed the flickering I was having in some games when I also used the Buffered Rendering option. The only issues now is that its focus can be stealed from windows that pop-up (such as the Wifi Authentication and Low Power windows) and that there is still some lag in most games (such as Mana Khemia: Student Alliance and Riviera: The Promised Land) when using the Auto-Frameskip option.

Well, I tried using the latest SGX Driver. It fixed the flickering I was having in some games when I also used the Buffered Rendering option. The only issues now is that its focus can be stealed from windows that pop-up (such as the Wifi Authentication and Low Power windows) and that there is still some lag in most games (such as Mana Khemia: Student Alliance and Riviera: The Promised Land) when using the Auto-Frameskip option.
PPSSPP is far from perfect even on the NVidia Shield.  Actually the PPSSPP on Pandora runs about the same as on the Shield.  So....don't expect the Pandora to run PSP games like PSX-ReArmed runs PS1 games anytime soon.  Unless, hmmm..., unless Exophase and notaz give a helping hand....

PPSSPP is far from perfect even on the NVidia Shield.  Actually the PPSSPP on Pandora runs about the same as on the Shield.  So....don't expect the Pandora to run PSP games like PSX-ReArmed runs PS1 games anytime soon.  Unless, hmmm..., unless Exophase and notaz give a helping hand....
Ok. I don't think they are able to give a helping hand since they are working on their own projects.

List of settings that work best for me:

Latest SGX driver (crashes at gameplay start with 4.03.00.02 I use for quake based games)

Read framebuffers to memory (GPU) (adds 5% speed over buffered rendering)

Frameskipping=4 (adds 20% speed over auto)

Force max 60fps off (adds 2% speed over on)

Alternative speed=Unlimited (adds 2% speed over 100% setting- some menus & cutscenes run slightly fast)

Hardware transform on (adds speed and stabilises framerate)

Everything else off

With this I get 70 - 75% speed on Powerstone from "Powerstone Collection" with some slowdown at the most busy times.

This is a huge speed increase over the last version.

One question:

It keeps giving me a message "Error with hardware transform, falling back to software",

Is it a bug or something?

I am using the stock driver. also Zaxxon 1.55

List of settings that work best for me:

Latest SGX driver (crashes at gameplay start with 4.03.00.02 I use for quake based games)

Read framebuffers to memory (GPU) (adds 5% speed over buffered rendering)

Frameskipping=4 (adds 20% speed over auto)

Force max 60fps off (adds 2% speed over on)

Alternative speed=Unlimited (adds 2% speed over 100% setting- some menus & cutscenes run slightly fast)

Hardware transform on (adds speed and stabilises framerate)

Everything else off

With this I get 70 - 75% speed on Powerstone from "Powerstone Collection" with some slowdown at the most busy times.

This is a huge speed increase over the last version.
I think Frameskip 4 is overkill, and looks awful for 30fps games, but 3 seems pretty good for most games, and yes, the auto setting is not that good (I recommend that for Dracula X chornicles, though)

I can report that God of War and Gran Turismo run... at about 4-5  fps :p Frameskip doesn't seem to improve anything so I'm guessing the load is coming from somewhere other than graphics. It was interesting to see them boot and run though.

ptitSeb:There's a newer build of PPSSPP avaialble (0.9.1). It would be nice if you could make an updated version of the Pandora port of it that contains its source.

ptitSeb:There's a newer build of PPSSPP avaialble (0.9.1). It would be nice if you could make an updated version of the Pandora port of it that contains its source.
afaik, this build is only to fix the error report system, nothing useful for hte pandora

ptitSeb:There's a newer build of PPSSPP avaialble (0.9.1)
Plus PtitSeb is at the GamesCom in Germany now, leave him some moments of peace :)
Yep :)

Just got back home. I'll try to publish and update version this week.

*EDIT* I compiled it, but it fail at my Ridge Racer 2 test. So  I have to mess again with the JIT. I'll upload the new revision tomorrow, or the day after.

i got freezes after playing 2 hours. but the whole pandora freezes. it is possible that i overclocked too much, but after 2 hours it is strange. is there a way to check what is the reason. using super zaxxon 1.55 with the latest ppsspp on a rebirth @950 / 380.

in the old version this did not happen ay 1000 / 380, but there was no render to gpu memory option.

I get a freeze after a load a few games.
Load 1: play
Load 2: play.
Load 3: console is entirely frozen. No overclock. Standard 1ghz.

When I overclock my Rebirth Pandora to 995 MHz, Riviera: The Promised Land and Mana Khemia: Student Alliance are still randomly lagging a little bit with the frameskip set to 3 and Hardware Transform enabled.

EDIT: I disabled Sound and Atrac3+ and the games are still lagging.

Sorry I'm jumping into this thread a little late here ... anybody found any games that run at full speed? (like ... Lumines?)

Using a frame skip is okay.

Back