Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I have a suggestion for this port. It should have an option/dialog added to set the speed of its CPU and change it to the one set via the OS when it is closed.
Not sure I understand, but if you want to automaticaly overclock when launching this game, you can do it via OVR files. It will work on CPU Speed only, not sysspeed, but that's a start.

Thx for newer Release ;)

In the moment fight i with Slackware and the "sudo Problem" and Wine.

When i have little more Time will i Test this Release ^_^

I've also been noticing a bug where the save loading screen shows the save having a huge file size and a weird name every so often.

I wonder if there is any way to simulate the save game cards...so that games that are long, like RPG's could be saved and returned to.

It's been a while since I updated my PPSSPP, what version is the now-current one?

Kumaki please use the pnd manager to update your apps. you can save with normal savegames or savestates, with the current version .

ptitSeb: I saw that you released Project X: Forsaken. Now, what about that new build of this?

I have a build, but I haven't tested it properly, and my Pandora is busy for now... So, Zero3K, be patient, it will come.

ptitSeb: I saw that you released Project X: Forsaken. Now, what about that new build of this?
Dude relax a bit petitseb does this at his own free will and awesomeness. He owns you nothing and you don't need to be so ungrateful.

in simple words like mcobit said STOP BEING ANOYING! 

I will do that then. So, has anyone encountered the issue with saves not being loadable every so often? It occured in Riviera: The Promised Land when I re-ran it after it crashed.

EDIT: It actually happens when I quit the game and load it again. Doing that one more time lets me load the save again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but I cannot complete an Arcade Race with Ridge Race 2 with my current build. This is the only "serious" test I'm doing before releasing and it fail for now. I have to mess with option / JIT code a bit, and when I can complete my simple test, I'll publish...

Sorry, but I cannot complete an Arcade Race with Ridge Race 2 with my current build. This is the only "serious" test I'm doing before releasing and it fail for now. I have to mess with option / JIT code a bit, and when I can complete my simple test, I'll publish...

What about trying a different game?

What about trying a different game?
That's not the point. I'm not looking for a game that work. It's my testing protocol before releasing something.

I try Ridge Racer 2, Arcade Race, all default, and do a lap or two to see if the performances are still the same (no FrameBuffer, FrameSkip to 5), I get, now, between 80% and 100%.

I try Tales of Eternia, see if Intro cinematic runs well, and the performance of 2D games with Alpha Hack.

And than, sometimes not all the times, I check if Lumines goes well (with FrameBuffer on GPU and AutoFrameSkip, with Alpha Hack, I have it fullspeed).

Sometimes, I check MotoGP or other 3D intensive games (SplitSecond or Dissidia 012), but not often.

When I have a problem on my tested games, and when that a regression, I don't publish and try to fix it first.

You seem eager to test, so I give you the chance to use a partly broken build:PPSSPP.pnd

But be warned, I don't find that build stable and will update it before publishing it, so consider this as a beta (don't complain it works less well than previous build).

The "Alpha Hack" should not be usefull anymore now, there is some smart algorithm now that superceed it. I have left it for now, but will probably drop it in the near future.

Attachments

• PPSSPP.pnd
    16 MB · Views: 115
Well, at least the weird background when a skit is occurring in Mana Khemia: Student Alliance has been fixed. Also, Tales of Phantasia X's opening video is playing faster (probably at fullspeed) now.

EDIT: The weird background hasn't been fixed. I think it has to do with changing the CPU speed in its options from the default setting.

Well, at least the weird background when a skit is occurring in Mana Khemia: Student Alliance has been fixed. Also, Tales of Phantasia X's opening video is playing faster (probably at fullspeed) now.
I think this build should be faster, and mostly on 2D games with the "Smart Alpha Hack".

My concern is the JIT (the CPU emulation), that still look a bit unstable on the Pandora.

Could its instability cause performance loss?

I`m happy to notice that this version provided support to berzier and spline curves, so LocoRoco is now playable :)

Great job!

Kumaki please use the pnd manager to update your apps. you can save with normal savegames or savestates, with the current version .
I'll have to get the latest off repo.

I prefer to download to laptop and then transfer to card versus using PNDManager.
You should update to latest PNDManager - it's a lot quicker and synching updates and downloads are also a LOT quicker.

I'll have to get the latest off repo.

I prefer to download to laptop and then transfer to card versus using PNDManager.
You should update to latest PNDManager - it's a lot quicker and synching updates and downloads are also a LOT quicker.
Well, that's true if she has fast wifi (wifi dongle) on the pandora...

Back