Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

The wiki page is down? Want to try a few games... Is there another game compatibility page ?

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

You are not even trying, are you?
Mcobit....we both know how I feel about mucking about with things I do not understand.

If someone feels like telling me what I should be selectiung, and where I find this in the settings, then great.

The way I have always learned is for someone to tell me what the answer is, and then I retain it.  Or tell nme EXACTLY WHERE to find an answer I actually understand...and then I do it and retain it.

I DO NOT do well, especialy at things I am not good at or comfortable with....randomly Googling and searching around for "answers" which may not even be pertinent...or easy for me to understand.

Sorry, but, compared to most on this list, I'm an old fart, and was not born knowing this stuff.  Hell, I never even had ACCESS to a computer until I was eleven!

I remember a world without cell phones...how many on this list remember that?  Not damn many, I'll bet.

So, if you want to go on and say I'm not "trying" then so be it.

I know what works for me and what does not.  Now, if you...or no-one else...wants to spoon-feed me the answer...or spoon feed me the place where I can find an easy to understand answer....then I just plain am not going to bother.

I do NOT have hours of time to go searching for answers.  and I wasn't born knowing all this stuff like you and everyone else here apparently has.

I am sorry, mcobit, but this "you aren't even trying" really pisses me the hell off.

I have asked for help...and I have outlined what it is that WILL help me.

If you or no one else wants to give that to me, fine...but do not berate me because I don't have ten spare hours to go searching for answers that may or may not be pertinent....or may not even be comprehensible to me.

Most of this computer stuff looks like a foreign language anymore.

I work twelve hours or more a day running my own business, and I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DEVOTE TO SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS.

Wow, just tried Soul Calibur and it is playable at 28-30 fps!  Keep at it PtitSeb!  It'll be perfect  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So i made a Video on Rebirth with the actual PPSSPP

realy close to playable ^_^
It looks playable to me. Very nice, with some minor speed improvements it would be almost perfekt. Thank you :) . Maybe with some tweaks, it could be perfekt be played on a Rebirth Pandora^^. May I ask, how does the fighting screen work? Is it fast and fluid or lot of hickups?

It looks playable to me. Very nice, with some minor speed improvements it would be almost perfekt. Thank you :) . Maybe with some tweaks, it could be perfekt be played on a Rebirth Pandora^^. May I ask, how does the fighting screen work? Is it fast and fluid or lot of hickups?
When the Texture Compression work again then have we maybe this little Speedboost

for playing this smoothly on Rebirth ;)

Unfortunaly is the Texture Compression Feature broken on last 3 or 4 Versions.

I was not in a Fight yet in the Game,it was late ^_^

I think it should be stuttering on running Fields but near playble,same for Fights ;)

When the Texture Compression work again then have we maybe this little Speedboost

for playing this smoothly on Rebirth ;)

Unfortunaly is the Texture Compression Feature broken on last 3 or 4 Versions.

I was not in a Fight yet in the Game,it was late ^_^

I think it should be stuttering on running Fields but near playble,same for Fights ;)
@Ingoreis; I really don't remember this Texture Compression. Can you point me to which build implemented that? Or are you speaking of the Texture size/2, that was in the "Texture Scaling" submenu (and now there is only *2, *3 and *4)?

Ah right,i meant Texture Scaling. ;)

I renember that gaved a recognizeable little Speedboost,

but in the last 3 or 4 Versions did it no more work.

I must try in what for Versions it work,maybe you can mix that in the actual Version ^_^ ^_^

Hey maybe this can give mana last bit of speedbost it needs :) . Curious to see a fight in action on a rebirth hope mine will be repaired soon :)

To follow Ingoreis video, here's a new video of DBZ Budokai 2 running on my 1Ghz unit (you can easily compare with my previous vid on this thread.)..

That "n" key gave it a nice little boost and, at least on the following map, it runs flawlessly. So here's me, getting my ass kicked by Cell :

https://www.youtube.com/embed/SUS30ja5vHE?feature=oembed

Ah right,i meant Texture Scaling. ;)

I renember that gaved a recognizeable little Speedboost,

but in the last 3 or 4 Versions did it no more work.

I must try in what for Versions it work,maybe you can mix that in the actual Version ^_^ ^_^
Hum. That texture downscaling was some code I wrote, as an experiment, to see if by reducing texture memory footprint I could get more speed. I didn't mesure gain so I stop supporting it. Maybe I was wrong. I'll try to put my code back (it was a hugly hack especialy the downsize algorithme).

@Anntao : Wow very nice Video ;)

@Ptitseb:

The Texture Scaling Feature Speed up the Moments when some Special 3D Effects are on the

Mana Khemia Display.

I rekognized it when i ever hit a Save Point,normaly it slow down when it appear on the Display,

but with Texture Scaling not.

And in Mana Khemia can i faster running on Maps because the Maps have often such lightning Effects

who slow down.

In Some Games will your Texture Scaling help good ;)

@Ptitseb:

The Texture Scaling Feature Speed up the Moments when some Special 3D Effects are on the

Mana Khemia Display.

I rekognized it when i ever hit a Save Point,normaly it slow down when it appear on the Display,

but with Texture Scaling not.

And in Mana Khemia can i faster running on Maps because the Maps have often such lightning Effects

who slow down.

In Some Games will your Texture Scaling help good ;)
Ok. The texture downscale was on build 20. I lost the code since then, so I'll have to write it again. I'll try to do a new build with the 1/2 texture scale again soon.

@Anntao: Yes, it's running very very well :) Nice video !

@ptitseb: thx for trying to build this in again.

Can that be that sometimes the Reserved Grafical Memory is too full and it slow down because it use the Grafic Shared Memory?

I readed somewhere that the SGX have Shared Memory and maybe use more this Share slow down Games who cause the using.

Just a Idea :)

Btw:you lost the Code?can you not dissassemble the Binary and copy then the relevant Files Simply into the newer Build before Compiling?

Is that possible to Diassassemble Binary Files back to the Sources?

In the Actual PPSSPP Menu is the Texture Scaling Function choosable but break ever.

Many many Thx for your hard work,can i Donate you a little?

@Askarus:

Right,i must buy more Games too :)

Have anyone tried Burnout?

The sgx has shared memory only. No dedicated gpu ram afaik.

Oh thx for Info,but when Memory consum from the SGX is too much then can that theroretic cause Slowdowns because it sometimes maybe use the ZRAM as Grafical Memory.

I will try to start PPSSPP without ZRAM this Evening and maybe it work more smooth :)

Grafical shared Zram Memory.....

....maybe we found here a big Slowdown from PPSSPP.

And to gain little more Memory will i start it ever in MiniMenu.

Hey good Idea :)

I am sorry, mcobit, but this "you aren't even trying" really pisses me the hell off.

I have asked for help...and I have outlined what it is that WILL help me.

If you or no one else wants to give that to me, fine...but do not berate me because I don't have ten spare hours to go searching for answers that may or may not be pertinent....or may not even be comprehensible to me.

Most of this computer stuff looks like a foreign language anymore.

I work twelve hours or more a day running my own business, and I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DEVOTE TO SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS.
a) Calm down.

B) You came accross as rude instead of simply asking "How do I try a different SGX Driver?"

c) Read this: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12233-sgx-driver-installer-beta/?hl=+sgx%20+driver%20+pnd

Back