Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I can prove that Dissidia still dont work,

but i can gladly say:

MANA KHEMIA work now.

Videos dont play,Backroundmusic dont play and Text is difficult because Colour to read.

But it work and nearly playable.

Video comes next Days :)

Can someone make a video of a few games with this settings?

Giga Pandora, 1200MHz, sysspeed 460
Would be interessting to see how fast the Pandora can play games. Maybe Sid Meyers Pirates too.

Giga Pandora, 1200MHz, sysspeed 460
Overclocking is no Problem,but what is sysspeed?

This Evening will i make a Video with more Games for you ^_^

But Mana Khemia First.

I have a Flickering Problem in many Games,whatcan that be?

You will see it in the Video and maybe i should install other SGX Driver Version?

Lumines now has almost faultless audio.
What settings do you use? Are you on 1Ghz or previous models?
In fact, I've found the latest build that was put up (0.7.0.13) took quite a noticeable hit in performance compared to the previous version. I can't get Lumines to run consistently smooth with it at any clock speed, especially with the first environment change. It also crashed a few times on me when changing options in the settings menu. And I mean "need to reset the Pandora" kind of crashes.

I'm using a 1GHz unit, but with 0.7.0.12, I can comfortably run Lumines even at 600MHz. Since Lumines is the game I'm most bothered about, I've dropped back to that version for now.

As for settings, the following options are enabled:

• Sound Emulation
  • Buffered Rendering
  • Hardware Transform
  • Vertex Cache
  • JIT [Dynarec]
  • Use Media Engine
  • Fastmem
  • Alpha Hack (You need to have loaded the game to have access to this option)

The following options are disabled:

• On-screen touch controls
  • Tilt to Analog
  • Linear Filtering
  • Draw using Stream VBO
  • Show Debug Statistics (You need to have loaded the game to have access to this option)
  • Frameskip (You need to have loaded the game to have access to this option)
  • Show FPS (You need to have loaded the game to have access to this option)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also experienced more frequent freezes in this version.  Sometimes even when it's still loading the iso.  And, as Loonie pointed out, I noticed that the games are running like 10% slower than the previous version.  As a bonus, the backgrounds and the recent list look very good! 

The slow down is strange. I'll look at both PND (build 12 & 13), just to be sure I didn't break something lately.

Those finding build 13 slower than build 12, can you please test this build 14?

*EDIT*, looks good, grab it on the repo.

Wow it is very fast. Mana Khemia Seems to be a turn based game, maybe if they improve the speed a bit and you could add more frame skip and it should be realy enjoyable. How much frameskip has the video?

Certainly improved, but still a couple of hiccups in Lumines, and some big performance hits once a stage transition has occurred. 0.7.0.12 is still the best performer for Lumines.

So, build 14 on the repo (I did update sources since the previous "beta" buid 14, but almost nothing changes).

About speed difference, I think it's inside the code, they have done numerous refactoring between build 12 and build 13, so it seems speed has been un bit decreased, but I think compatibility has increased. At least Trail Blazer save now !

Build 14

-----------

• In sync with git version. GUI improved with Last Played Games.
  • added back "powervr.ini" with flip driver back in "lib" folder, in cas it helps (not sure, but in exe folder, it sure helps).

Wow it is very fast. Mana Khemia Seems to be a turn based game, maybe if they improve the speed a bit and you could add more frame skip and it should be realy enjoyable. How much frameskip has the video?
Frameskip and Buffered Rendering dont work good when both are activated.

This Video is without Frameskip,but @ near the End from the Video try i to activate Framskip and see what i mean.

The exact Position where i activate Frameskip is 20Minutes and 50 Seconds.

After few lost Pictures and no smoothly moving deactivated i it fast in the Video.

Here see you the activated Frameskip and Buffered Rendering errors better.

Seem that the Buffer dont accept the Frameskip correctly.

See @ the 9th Second from the Video,thats why i deactivate Frameskip in much Games now when they need Buffered Rendering.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUAr-lq2wGI?feature=oembed

But why Display some Games only with buffered Rendering?

Normaly i want to play Games without buffering and use Frameskip ;)

but some Games need Buffered Rendering,can that be a Resolution Problem?

Hmm seems terrible. An easy frameskip code (skip drawing every second frame), is saves if the last frame was skipped, if it was, it will render the next frame. No calculation if the skip is needed.

global variable:

bool frameSkipped = false;

if(frameSkipped)

{

frameSkipped = false;

}

else

{

frameSkipped = true;

renderFrame();

}

Hmm seems terrible. An easy frameskip code (skip drawing every second frame), is saves if the last frame was skipped, if it was, it will render the next frame. No calculation if the skip is needed.

global variable:

bool frameSkipped = false;

if(frameSkipped)

{

frameSkipped = false;

}

else

{

frameSkipped = true;

renderFrame();

}
The Frameskip is a bit more complicated the just Flip() / not Flip(), because just "not Flip()" doesn't gain significant time. So for frameskipping, many phases are skipped, so you miss some DsplayList creation, and they are missed. I still have to dig more on the code to see the Frameskip logi, but basicaly, on current implementation, the Frameskip can miss important infos.

Back