Pictures, Videos and thoughts of a Pyra dev-prototype

I'm pretty serious about the horribleness, but the fact I'm bring it up so late is in jest...

Please read the entirety of the keyboard threads so you have a full background on how we got to the current layout and why it is as it is then get back to us with your concerns?

The layout isn't changing at this point. But, I am curious if your imagined fixes would have already been tried and rejected or not and I doubt if you have a good understanding of why it is as it is and what it took to get there.

Wow, wow, wow...hold on there buddy. That's too cruel. :p
I have to admit. I was smirking when I wrote that. But yes, there will be people who criticize the outcome who have no clue what went into the making of it nor an understanding of the many subtle details that are incorporated into the current design.

Why is every thread turn into keyboard thread???
Or case color... ;)

Among many other members I too had submitted quite a number of different keyboard lay-outs and I can assure you @Shlee , a lot of thought and effort has gone in all of these, by all participants.

Though the final revision wasn't my first choice I think it's a decent compromise for a multi language keyboard. It's very tough to make something that makes the majority of the users happy.

well, the devolution of a thread into a keyboard discussion is much like Godwin's law, and probably ranks as Pyra rule #2. (Rule #1 is that the Pyra will be done in Two Months.™)

And despite my intentions... it still happened :( Sorry, for my role in that.

Mods, please split this keyboard talk off.

Why is every thread turn into keyboard thread???

OK - lets talk about something else. Did you get your minor networking headache sorted out?

I'm curious about the porting process as well. How do you pick what needs to be ported vs what we should just apt-get?

Since we are talking about the keyboard already, does the prototype's keyboard have markings on any of the keys (like F and J on full-size keyboards) to help with touch-navigation in the dark, without the backlight being on? It has been talked about before, but I think that it has not been mentioned recently.

Since we are talking about the keyboard already, does the prototype's keyboard have markings on any of the keys (like F and J on full-size keyboards) to help with touch-navigation in the dark, without the backlight being on? It has been talked about before, but I think that it has not been mentioned recently.

Yes, on F and J.

I'm pretty serious about the horribleness, but the fact I'm bring it up so late is in jest...
Remember how ED had to lock the keyboard layout thread? That's why we refrain from talking about it anymore. There's no stopping if it starts. So, please, don't do it.

EvilDragon: can we know Pyra weight? (with or without battery)

I search for Pyra weight and I find no information. I suppose in this stage we can know weight in a good precise way.

pyra black prototype with battery : 390g
pyra transparent prototype with battery: 408g
battery : 115g

pandora with battery : 326g

and while we're at it :
140x88x35mm

Last edited:
This is the one thing that NO ONE will EVER agree on
Shlee is making a joke. Keyboard layout threads, asking for changes of things that have been decided, and "what's your order number" are long running memes that new users such as yourself are probably going to be confused about. It's just us old folks having fun with history, you'll get it eventually.
Despite the low post count, I'm pretty sure Shlee has been around for a while, I recognize that taco.

Well, the keymat in the "Test the keymat!"-Thread has the correct lightness already. So people are testing it, and so far the reactions have been positive :)
Yes, I found the test keymat to require a much lighter touch than my Pandora, while still feeling perfectly positive. It felt perfectly comfortable bottoming out the keys as I typed using my fingers, while I can't really do that with my Pandora and can only really use it with my thumbs.

Is it too late for a Keyboard Threadt??
The German Gouverment decided last week that there should be a new Letter in the German Langueque: the big "ß" :)

What are your thoughts on the Prototype now that you have it for some more time ptitseb??
And dit you already try some low level Emulators on the Pyra like GB GBC and NES??

Back