Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Klonoa... ahhhh... good memories about both Klonoa - Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2 - Lunateas Veil... <3
This game easily pawns Super Mario & Co. as a Jump & Run...

R7 is much faster than R6. Still testing my games but compatibility seems the same so far for me

Every release has huge improvements, I have followed many many emulators on various platforms but I'v never seen a project move this quick before.

Having said that Notaz is there any plans for you to look into Skullmonkeys? no worries if your too busy, This was one of my fav PSX games as a child and would love to replay that on my Pandora. ATM it just quits to XFCE, I have tried it on PCSX for Windows and it loads fine.

Coldbird said:
Klonoa... ahhhh... good memories about both Klonoa - Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2 - Lunateas Veil... <3
This game easily pawns Super Mario & Co. as a Jump & Run...

First I ever heard of that game is when Prometheus mentioned it earlier in this thread. I love jump and run games will have to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like i need to by more ps1 games, i did only owne 5 : Final Fantasy VII, Colin MC Rae Rally 2.0, GT2 GTA2 and Roadrash, they all work fine, beside the gt Mode CD from GT2..,

Thangs you werry much for this Update notaz, the emulator is quite awesome

I have only one question: are they only 9 Savestates on the whole emulator, or 9 per Game?

Coldbird said:
Just interested as I'm somewhat of a tech geek myself who often goes down to ASM layer to get his stuff done... but notaz, mind telling me what exactly you have changed in SPU?
either this or this cause all the breakage. It's what it says, compacting structures and simplifying code, those switches with dupe code in adsr.c were producing large amounts of code needlessly, causing more icache pressure without any good reason.

Coldbird said:
Also I have a - not really r7 related question... do you think the OpenGLES graphic plugin will ever be in a state where it can actually be used?

No matter which game I've tried with it, it results in horrible screen corruption and lag, depending on the game in use speed differs a lot with the PCSX and embedded gpu plugin.
I don't have any plans for the GLES plugin, somebody else will need to step up for that one.

mvickers03 said:
Having said that Notaz is there any plans for you to look into Skullmonkeys? no worries if your too busy, This was one of my fav PSX games as a child and would love to replay that on my Pandora. ATM it just quits to XFCE, I have tried it on PCSX for Windows and it loads fine.
Yeah it's mentioned a lot in the source comments, I'll have a look.

matzesu said:
I have only one question: are they only 9 Savestates on the whole emulator, or 9 per Game?
The intention was per game, unless something broke.

notaz said:
mvickers03 said:
Yeah it's mentioned a lot in the source comments, I'll have a look.

Very glad to hear that, Thanks :)

Dont know if anyone else has reported this and dont know if you want us to report here but Tekken 2 is a beautiful post modern art of spheres :p
makes playing it tough though.

Also I always want my screen stretched. Can you implement this at any point for all games?
Your hard work is muchly appreciated. Tony hawks 4 works pretty sweet now

Coldbird said:
About the sound issue... both US and EUR Grandia no longer has sound, none at all... Tomba 2 fails to playback the voicing now and not all BGMs play... didn't have that problem on earlier revisions...
I can't reproduce your sound problems, Grandia sounds fine and Tomba 2 plays everything to me. Also nobody else is reporting sound issues.

Maybe you have config broblems, try renaming your appdata and turning overclocking down. Could also be savestate incompatibility or something, try starting a new game.

zRichi said:
Dont know if anyone else has reported this and dont know if you want us to report here but Tekken 2 is a beautiful post modern art of spheres :p
Known problem (load delays), very hard to fix, not sure if I'll bother for this one game. The game is buggy and works on real hardware due to luck.

zRichi said:
Also I always want my screen stretched. Can you implement this at any point for all games?
Options->Display->Scaler->Fullscreen is no good for you?

The fullscreen option works fine for me, I just wish I could (or knew if it exists) how to set a similar option to default on SNES9x4P.

notaz said:
Coldbird said:
About the sound issue... both US and EUR Grandia no longer has sound, none at all... Tomba 2 fails to playback the voicing now and not all BGMs play... didn't have that problem on earlier revisions...
I can't reproduce your sound problems, Grandia sounds fine and Tomba 2 plays everything to me. Also nobody else is reporting sound issues.

Maybe you have config broblems, try renaming your appdata and turning overclocking down. Could also be savestate incompatibility or something, try starting a new game.
I've started fresh games to test all this, don't worry, however I didn't try deleting the appdata folder, will try in my lunchbreak and then report.

I've tried deleting the appdata folder and sound is now functioning properly.
However I now experience the memory card problem others are reporting here.

Loading a game from Memory Card on Chrono Cross now silently crashes the emulator, returning me to MiniMenu / XFCE.

I've come across two small things, since my last post.

1: I'm encountering the memory card problem with some games (oddly, it doesn't affect Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, which was the first one I tried, so I didn't notice it then), and they're acting as though the memory card just plain isn't there.

2: I've come across two minor audio oddities. In Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (a game which uses packs of XA audio), I walked into one room and a completely incorrect piece of music played; Leaving and returning caused the correct one to load, so I couldn't say if this was PCSX ReARMed or the game itself. Also, in Lomax (a game that uses redbook audio; my rip is bin/cue), the title theme starts at the wrong time and then starts again when it actually should.

Only minor, of course, but just pointing them out as they didn't occur in R6. :p I still have the same appdata folder I've had since I started using PCSX ReARMed - should I try removing this (but saving my memory card file)?

Seems a bit snappier, though I was having weirdness booting games until I wiped the .pcsx folder and the configs in it. Thanks Notaz.

Dunny said:
RoadRash worked fine in r6, just hangs in r7 - gets past the first couple of movies no problems by pressing START and then hangs.

Scrap that - it does work, but it takes minutes to get to the main game menu after the movies have finished (or after you cancel the movies). Trying to find a copy of tomb-raider now, but it keeps saying the images are invalid (r6 ran them but crapped out at the main menu screen).

D.

Yesterday I played a bit "NFS Porsche unleashed". The game runs well, but it crashed after 2 laps... dunno if this is because of a bad dump, because i did not check the MD5 yet.

Prometheus said:
2: I've come across two minor audio oddities. In Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (a game which uses packs of XA audio), I walked into one room and a completely incorrect piece of music played

Similar things happen for me in Tomb Raiders 1 + 2 (PAL, Bin/Cue rips). Most of the time it's the right piece of music, but other times it can be wrong or actually switch to a wrong one in midstream. Some of the little event jingles don't always play, like finding secrets.

Anyone pining for 3DO may wish to know that the near identical Playstation version of Need For Speed (NTSC/US Bin/Cue) works perfectly at 600mhz.

Asmo said:
Similar things happen for me in Tomb Raiders 1 + 2 (PAL, Bin/Cue rips). Most of the time it's the right piece of music, but other times it can be wrong or actually switch to a wrong one in midstream. Some of the little event jingles don't always play, like finding secrets.
Thanks for that info - I'm glad it's not just me. :p

Unfortunately, I've had to drop back to R6 for the moment, due to the memory card issue.

Prometheus said:
Asmo said:
Thanks for that info - I'm glad it's not just me. :p

Unfortunately, I've had to drop back to R6 for the moment, due to the memory card issue.

Make a savestate in r6 and load it in r7 (and then reset the game), that way you can go around the memcard issue (if you don't like saving progress using savestates). At least it works in FFVII.

A Request for some vids please!

There are so many PSX games I used to love - and some PC games that I loved had PSX conversions (how fortunate!). It would really make my day, if someone with a Pandora could make a little video of any of these games running in this emulator:

1. GTA (I spent more hours on this than I ever did on coursework at uni. I once played for so long, I actually dreamed all night in a top-down plan view. Sleep deprevation, alcohol and GTA - them were the days)

2. Medal Of Honor (I bought a PSX for this game - my joint No.1 alltime favourite game along with Monkey Island and Another World on the Amiga. I also bought the awesome orchestral score!)

3. Virtual Pool 3 (The PC version was and is the ultimate pool sim, I'd love to be able to play on the Pandora. I kick ass at this - though I used to be a very good player in real life too)

4. PGA Tour Golf 96 (Again, played this all the time on PC. Once tried the PSX version and it was good too, but crashes on my PC in an emulator - if this doesn't work, what about '98?)

5. 007 Racing (If this gets a good speed I'll be impressed. It's graphically heavy, and a really fun game. I just love the remote control car level)

A small video with any of these games would be enough to whet my appetite. Thank you to anyone who cares to take the time. And thank you NOTAZ - you really have created some wonderful stuff for the Pandora, it's appreciated by a great many people and will be even more appreciated when we all finally have our own wonder-machines.

Thanks for this wonderful piece of software Notaz and Ari.
I've just finished the first Island of Crash Bandicoot 1 with the _r7 release, didn't have any notable issues. It was running great!

Back